New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

Multiple likes Andy. BR Blue was what we were “brought up” with in the 70’s in all it’s corporateness. I must admit the time machine progression through to 2000 really added eye catching colour along with the advanced design Traction. 

Ian 

Edited by Crisis Rail
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Crisis Rail said:

Multiple likes Andy. BR Blue was what we were “brought up” with in the 70’s in all it’s corporateness. I must admit the time machine progression through to 2000 really did added eye catching colour along with the advanced design Traction. 

Ian 

Cheers Ian for all the Likes, Yes I started with BR Banger Blue from 77 when I got into Railways, but the best fun / spotting days out were with GeorgeT of this Parish when we would go to Eastleigh many evenings, and often had trips out to Didcot, Newport in Wales, Bristol Stoke Gifford and much more.

When the new Sector Liveries and Railfreight Red Stipe started to appear it was like another world. Also we would see the first of the GM Class 59's through Eastleigh and Acton Main Line, and loads more to excite.

I do enjoy designing and building new Layouts and that is why, it may be time to move on quite soon, although I have storage room for 2 x 6ft boards under SMS so that might be another option for now at least.:good:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

it may be time to move on quite soon

Hello, here we go.

I really like this layout - the curves, the colours. 

Then again your next one (or ten) may be even better!

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, Bogie said:

Hello, here we go.

I really like this layout - the curves, the colours. 

Then again your next one (or ten) may be even better!

I think the curves that Andy really enjoyed as did all of us were on the station platform during last weekend :jester:

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

And tonight's final pic is from Kevin's old Sopwith.

413199319_DSCF2852-Copy.JPG.2d40f315b5523b40dcbf1cb324bf7108.JPG

The poor signaler must be having a nightmare of a time with all that lot appearing at once.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

Last batch of pictures looking great.

Showing the model off to great effect.

The old Squadron Leaders Sopwith certainly gets around a bit though he does prefer his RE8 more now as it is slower and more stable for aerial photography.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

The poor signaler must be having a nightmare of a time with all that lot appearing at once.

Haha, Your right, that woke him up a bit, the Single Unit is held at the Signal and waiting to come off the Branch, the Up Passenger is clear of Platform 1, and heading for the Tunnel, The Down Steel Flats have the Green through on Platform 2 and the Up Freight can clear Platform 3 but will be checked by the Signal before it can come off the Loop.

Then its back to doing the crossword or reading Mayfair or a Railway Mag of his choice.:good:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Haha, Your right, that woke him up a bit, the Single Unit is held at the Signal and waiting to come off the Branch, the Up Passenger is clear of Platform 1, and heading for the Tunnel, The Down Steel Flats have the Green through on Platform 2 and the Up Freight can clear Platform 3 but will be checked by the Signal before it can come off the Loop.

Then its back to doing the crossword or reading Mayfair or a Railway Mag of his choice.:good:

Hi Andy

I bet you were the bloke who read Mayfair for the car articles, being a car salesman. :read:

• Funny 3

And a very late lunchtime pic today. That was cause I was up decorating the Kitchen at the crack of dawn, Brownie Points earned and then into TOPS for some O Gauge pics and planning.

So here is the late running 13.30 from New Mills.

DSCF2324.JPG.74888721c067992332720b032c3e143d.JPG

• Like 15

And the good news is;:o

I have decided to keep NM for a little longer, EDITED Monday 26th @ 09.09. It is now advertised.

although Project X1 may be started at some stage.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Friendly/supportive 5