New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

1 minute ago, KNP said:

Nice group.

There’s something about being able to photograph a model from track level or below looking upwards.

Lineside trainspotter view...

Yes Kevin, far more realistic, (or will be once weathered, haha) and also makes a change for Mag pics as well.  I've looked at doing it on SMS where the waste area is at the front, but I've already got wiring along the top inside the frame so it would mean an almost total re wire. Maybe next time.:good:

• Friendly/supportive 2

The last of last weeks Retail Theropy arrived today, in the Form of Sound Fitted Class 60, and a Std Class 33, both in differing Mainline Liveries, there was also the two Sound Chips for the TTG 60 and 31, and a Dutch OCA.

DSCF3405.JPG.273678eff2f6b6db070e9f78414134e8.JPG

DSCF3406.JPG.886a0fbcf3f6ad1cf43a2f6f1b6dfe0e.JPG

Sorry about the quality of the images above.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I am impressed with the I Phone speaker in the 60 with the TTS Sound Chip.:good:

When I put one in a DMU of mine I was really impressed with how much bass they had compared to a sugar-cube speaker. Really excellent.

Al.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

When I put one in a DMU of mine I was really impressed with how much bass they had compared to a sugar-cube speaker. Really excellent.

Al.

I'd never even seen one until I took the Body off, and yes it really is the Bass sound that sets it off.

I'll do a Video shortly for you all to judge, as I have a Hornby Full Price factory sound fitted 60, a standard TTS in a 60, and now this with the I Phone speaker so that should be very interesting.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I'll do a Video shortly for you all to judge, as I have a Hornby Full Price factory sound fitted 60, a standard TTS in a 60, and now this with the I Phone speaker so that should be very interesting.

A video comparison would be great.

Bill.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

That front bogie sideframe looks distinctly dodgy on 60078.

A works visit required?

Mike.

Yes it was dodgy, after this pic was taken it fouled on a point and so has now been sorted.

Thanks for pointing it out anyway Mike.

• Friendly/supportive 2

Of late I've just been posting pics of Trains moving, and the odd Video, but importantly, no actual work on the Layout.:fie:

Well with the impending House move and NM on E-Bay I have lost the working Mojo,:cry: but still have some running and pics Mojo left in the tin.:good:

Later this morning I will do a comparison Video I mentioned earlier, of the 3 x Class 60 Sounds and I'll also do one of the 66 fitted with the Paul Chetter Sound file with active braking and maybe, if I have time I'll do one of the TTS 31 as well.

I'm still hoping that NM will get sold, as then at least I won't have to move it Sowf with me. 

Still not sure what will happen to SMS yet, but I hope to have room for that as I do like it, and don't fancy building another 7mm Layout just yet.

In the mean time I'm sorry for no actual building up dates, but hope you are all enjoying the pictures at least.

Thanks for keeping watching.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

In the mean time I'm sorry for no actual building up dates, but hope you are all enjoying the pictures at least.

Always love the pictures.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Interesting comparison between the sound chips. Certainly between the EWS/TTG locos, I think the latter has the slightly sharper sound, which logically would be a bit odd as I assume the Hornby factory sound uses their TTS chip, but could be a different speaker I presume.  Out of the three, I think the Mainline Freight 60 has the edge for me, as the clarity of the sound seems better - although its difficult to tell from a video, where the camera mic can affect things too of course!

Must do a bit of reading up on these iPhone speakers.

Rich

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

Interesting comparison between the sound chips. Certainly between the EWS/TTG locos, I think the latter has the slightly sharper sound, which logically would be a bit odd as I assume the Hornby factory sound uses their TTS chip, but could be a different speaker I presume.  Out of the three, I think the Mainline Freight 60 has the edge for me, as the clarity of the sound seems better - although its difficult to tell from a video, where the camera mic can affect things too of course!

Must do a bit of reading up on these iPhone speakers.

Rich

The EWS one Factory fitted is an ESU Chip, the same as supplied by South West Digital and Leggomanbiffo etc, it also has what would in it's day have been a quality speaker. The TTS is a later incarnation of their own from what I understand Rich.

• Informative/Useful 3