New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

6 minutes ago, gismorail said:

No no no :stop:you'd struggle to see it :jester:

Think you might be right mate. 

I had a great running session on SMS this morning resulting in a few photos and just over 20 minutes of film split between 4 Videos, the first of which is up loading to You Tube as we speak.

In the meantime, here is some more 4mm action.

UDSCF3538.JPG.981d383bd7558e1e9b8655f5d24b092e.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 12

8 hours ago, PeterBB said:

The photographs are good but even they do not do justice to what it is really like 'in the flesh' - great evening last night.

Cheers Peter, even though we did almost no running, we certainly put the World to rights, so most enjoyable, thanks.:good:

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, EWS FAN said:

I've just been watching your You Tube videos of your layout and I must say that it is superb. I love both the scenery and the weathering on your locos and stock.

Thanks very much, that's very kind, I enjoy doing both the Videos and the weathering, so there will be more to come.:good:

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I liked the Mainline blue livery, the best of the post 1956 green livery. Second best was the first Freightliner green, the one without all the wavy lines. Followed by triple grey, but not the later Transrail or Rail Distribution versions. The joint worst are Loadhaul and Colas Rail.

Edit, I forgot the Porterbrook purple 87 and Deltic, purple should only be used in 1970s houses, never never never on trains.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I liked the Mainline blue livery, the best of the post 1956 green livery. Second best was the first Freightliner green, the one without all the wavy lines. Followed by triple grey, but not the later Transrail or Rail Distribution versions. The joint worst are Loadhaul and Colas Rail.

Edit, I forgot the Porterbrook purple 87 and Deltic, purple should only be used in 1970s houses, never never never on trains.

Yes I almost agree with you, but I cant remember 1956 as I was only 6 and never saw a Train until I was about 11,  in 1961 and that would have been a box with no Engine on the line from Weybridge to Stains, through Addlestone where we lived and they only made weird whirring noises.

In Modern time, I like most Liveries, but your right about the original Freightliner, and Triple Grey Sectors, I also liked the way that Loadhaul and latterly EWS put big stickers over the Sector brandings.

In the current batch, I like DRS and that other Blue wavy line livery on the new 68's, and I'm slowly getting used to Colas, as I'll be seeing a lot of them stabled at Eastleigh once I emigrate South of the Thames.

I do have to say that I HATE, the GWR camouflage green, in the passenger stock.

Also whilst at Eastleigh last time I saw a Maritime Blue 66, and that looked smart.

Not keen on what they have tried to do with the Large Logo  now though, it looks very dated, even though I loved it at the time on 37's and 47's etc.

Another of my current favourites is the Red DB Shenker / Cargo.  

• Like 2