New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

4 hours ago, lezz01 said:

Just fab Andy. I really must crack on with mine.

Regards Lez.

3 hours ago, sb67 said:

Nice video's Andy, I like the sound of the Class 153? :)

Steve.

2 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

Superb!

Thanks Lez, Steve and Chris, the 150 / 153 sounds are so good, and came from Digitrains, I need to get one more for the other 150.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A nice evening last night with a couple of mates over for a running session, but I haven't been in TOPS until this 8pm this evening mainly due to the heat etc.

I have been out for an hour and had another play with some masking tape, PVA and some paint. I also had a short running session.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bogie said:

Good - very good!

8 minutes ago, fishytrains said:

Spent an enjoyable time catching up on the videos, then to see these pictures just shows the needed enhancement to an already good layout.

Mike

Thanks Bogie and Mike, I hope to get out there again tomorrow if it's not to hot, I might start on the Fencing etc.

Same here I was going down the route of making my layout very reliant on electronics but decided to keep to just the DCC loco sounds and driving but all the points, signals, accessories to be manually controlled.

My thinking was as I'm well retired now and I wanted to give my "little grey cells" plenty of work to do.

:crazy_mini:

Best

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, KNP said:

Impressive.

I do like the new track level view you can now get, but be careful as you don't want to fall in the duck pond....!

this comment made me laugh......do you remember when we were young probably at primary school age ...and a teacher says ' keep away from that water you might get wet ' somehow and to this day I still can't understand how it happens ...one fall's into said water and gets soaked and the spare clothes that all schools used to have hidden away appear by magic and you have to trudge home to mother to face the music :jester:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Andy this just gets better every time you do further work on this layout , the sense of space that you seem to have achieved where the two tracks divide off towards the tunnels is very impressive and  the way you have blended the trees on the back scene along side the branch tunnel is true art in action .....defo the best to date mate ...excellent :fan:....now remember young  Andy ' keep away from that dark duck pond' :scared:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KNP said:

Impressive.

I do like the new track level view you can now get, but be careful as you don't want to fall in the duck pond....!

3 hours ago, gismorail said:

this comment made me laugh......do you remember when we were young probably at primary school age ...and a teacher says ' keep away from that water you might get wet ' somehow and to this day I still can't understand how it happens ...one fall's into said water and gets soaked and the spare clothes that all schools used to have hidden away appear by magic and you have to trudge home to mother to face the music :jester:

Thanks Kevin and Martin, When at school I stayed each summer at my cousins place in Cornwall, and OFTEN got the blame for pushing him into the Fish Pond and him slipping into he stream down the lane.

I'll wear me wellies.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, gismorail said:

Andy this just gets better every time you do further work on this layout , the sense of space that you seem to have achieved where the two tracks divide off towards the tunnels is very impressive and  the way you have blended the trees on the back scene along side the branch tunnel is true art in action .....defo the best to date mate ...excellent :fan:....now remember young  Andy ' keep away from that dark duck pond' :scared:

Thanks Martin once again, It certainly makes it more interesting to look at and run.

Re Pond, see above mate.

42 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I wonder how long before the gypsies caravan club pitch up around the pond.....we haven't seen them for quite a few layouts. Do you still have them Andy?

I think they moved on, could be on a layout near you by now though!

• Funny 3

2 hours ago, Melangoose said:

New Mills is certainly progressing well (you work a lot faster than myself). I like the latest video (lots going on).

Thanks Nigel, luckily I'm retired and also have a wife that DOES NOT DO, to do list's.

The other key is planning which I tend to do the night before, so I awake knowing what todays objective will be, and that helps not waste time as well.

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I wonder how long before the gypsies caravan club pitch up around the pond.....we haven't seen them for quite a few layouts. Do you still have them Andy?

30 minutes ago, KNP said:

I think they moved on, could be on a layout near you by now though!

Haha, I sent them all to Lincolnshire as the hills around here are to steep for them.:notme:

The Caravans got sold after Pencarne, and there are no 80's period Caravans commercially available.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1