New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

6 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

How is the shed standing up to this heat Andy?

Is the insulation keeping it cooler than the outside temperature?

6 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

How is the shed standing up to this heat Andy?

Is the insulation keeping it cooler than the outside temperature?

Hi Mick, just a little cooler than outside, I think the 18 inches of Loft insulation in the apex above the flat ceiling helps.

Plus I have a fan at the far end blowing out towards the open door when I'm in there, but yesterday and today the afternoon does get far to hot and so the sensible option is to sit in the cool lounge and chill out, or fall asleep.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Haha, I sent them all to Lincolnshire as the hills around here are to steep for them.:notme:

The Caravans got sold after Pencarne, and there are no 80's period Caravans commercially available.

There is no disappointed button. :mellow: 

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Haha, I sent them all to Lincolnshire as the hills around here are to steep for them.:notme:

The Caravans got sold after Pencarne, and there are no 80's period Caravans commercially available.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

56 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Got it.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, KNP said:

Got it.

Whoops that's the interwebthing connection I have when using the flip flop in the play room. Sometimes it doesn't send and today it didn't look like it sent so I pressed again and a again.

• Funny 3

27 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Whoops that's the interwebthing connection I have when using the flip flop in the play room. Sometimes it doesn't send and today it didn't look like it sent so I pressed again and a again.

Keyboard stutter.....

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Mick, just a little cooler than outside, I think the 18 inches of Loft insulation in the apex above the flat ceiling helps.

Plus I have a fan at the far end blowing out towards the open door when I'm in there, but yesterday and today the afternoon does get far to hot and so the sensible option is to sit in the cool lounge and chill out, or fall asleep.

Cheers

Glad to hear there's no buckled rails halting services.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy, rapid progress as ever. Looking good.

Sorry not been in touch of late. Work has been really busy on the run up to my sale at work, which is taking place tomorrow. 

Cheers, Ade.

Edited by Adrian Stevenson
  • Friendly/supportive 2

7 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, rapid progress as ever. Looking good.

Sorry not been in touch of late. Work has been really busy on the run up to my sale at work, which is taking place tomorrow. 

Cheers, Ade.

Good luck with the sale mate, I hope you earn some O Gauge Vouchers, haha.

• Like 2

Morning Buddy, l think if you painted the inside of the tunnel mouths onto the fiddle yards BLACK it would hide a lot from vision or some sort of curtain hanging down would do the same, really enjoying the small film clips, also will the pond get any bigger ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

Looking great

7 hours ago, MarshLane said:

I can only echo the comments Andy. Really does look great. One of your best .. we’ll along with all the others!

Thanks Guys at least it's a bit different from some of the others, and has a longer run than most of late which is good for the Videos.

I'll be doing some more Vids soon now that there are some decent looking scenics for the backdrop of running Trains.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Morning Buddy, l think if you painted the inside of the tunnel mouths onto the fiddle yards BLACK it would hide a lot from vision or some sort of curtain hanging down would do the same, really enjoying the small film clips, also will the pond get any bigger ?

Although I originally said no to that idea, the more I think about it the more I like it, so might give it a look at later.

As for a bit of a curtain, I will have a look for some black cloth as paper never works that well.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Now with the greenery added I can sit back for a while and enjoy running some Trains.

however I do have a list (in my head) of the next lot of jobs, such as painting the Platform furniture in the correct colours, fitting dummy Point Motors, AWS Boxes and Lineside Boxes, and then buying some Sheep and Cattle for the Field and Meadow etc.

So basically many hours of fun adding the details plus of course some Body's about the place.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, georgeT said:

I forgot to say that the Pond will be no bigger, for a couple of reasons, firstly I didn't want to take over the Meadow, and  secondly, it's the first thing that has to go in right from the planning stage.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Now with the greenery added I can sit back for a while and enjoy running some Trains.

however I do have a list (in my head) of the next lot of jobs, such as painting the Platform furniture in the correct colours, fitting dummy Point Motors, AWS Boxes and Lineside Boxes, and then buying some Sheep and Cattle for the Field and Meadow etc.

So basically many hours of fun adding the details plus of course some Body's about the place.

What ho Peters old chap,

The vicar has got himself all worked up after reading this message, he is worried that you will buy some cows in the wrong livery or uniform and that pesky woman Miss Rivette Counteer will notice them. 

Must dash as Sgt Mr Shoutalot is not very good a consoling the vicar, well shouting at him to stand to attention and stop crying doesn't seem to be working, again this time.

Yours

Lt Col La De Da Hyphen Poshname (retired)

From the new hidden bunker.

• Funny 3

5 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

What ho Peters old chap,

The vicar has got himself all worked up after reading this message, he is worried that you will buy some cows in the wrong livery or uniform and that pesky woman Miss Rivette Counteer will notice them. 

Must dash as Sgt Mr Shoutalot is not very good a consoling the vicar, well shouting at him to stand to attention and stop crying doesn't seem to be working, again this time.

Yours

Lt Col La De Da Hyphen Poshname (retired)

From the new hidden bunker.

O.K. Then maybe just a Hay Cart in the Meadow. haha

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

O.K. Then maybe just a Hay Cart in the Meadow. haha

That'll be a hay-ho off to work we go then ....... cracking videos Andy ...wonderful ......think you might get know as 'three tanks Andy ' :laugh_mini2:

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 2