New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Once the hoses and Kadee coupling was fitted, it was put to work on a Single VGA Trip working to Toton Yard.

Adding the European look to New Mills Andy!  Is this the start of a move out of the BR blue era? :P

Rich

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Adding the European look to New Mills Andy!  Is this the start of a move out of the BR blue era? :P

Rich

Not sure Rich, it was a period when George T and I visited Eastleigh, Didcot, and Newport etc and enjoyed the change, and chance of some bright colours.

I do still have the Brown Vans etc and the 24 and 25, plus at the moment I also still have two Blue Duffs and a Blue Tractor, so the Jury is still out.

HOWEVER, I've just been on Page 653 of Dave F's Photos and he has some wonderful pics of the Peak Forest here taken in 1990.

Edited by Andrew P
aded a word
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Not sure Rich, it was a period when George T and I visited Eastleigh, Didcot, and Newport etc and enjoyed the change, and chance of some bright colours.

I do still have the Brown Vans etc and the 24 and 25, plus at the moment I also still have two Blue Duffs and a Blue Tractor, so the Jury is still out.

HOWEVER, I've just been on Page 653 of Dave F's Photos and he has some wonderful pics of the Peak Forest here taken in 1990.

Well you just can't beat 37s in the Peak Forest area cant you ;)  Peak National Park, Great Rocks, the names come flooding back.   At that time Buxton Depot was still open so plenty of light engine movements too.  As long as your enjoying the running that's the main thing.  

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Once the hoses and Kadee coupling was fitted, it was put to work on a Single VGA Trip working to Toton Yard.

DSCF2497.JPG.1de34fb1354d79cda438fe0698bb74aa.JPG

DSCF2500.JPG.03c6554e1091906f14179d8b3f639730.JPG

DSCF2504.JPG.f2693bda21e9694aa9c8e1f094fc26dd.JPG

Seriously looks like my Fishing Pond next to the Blackpool line Andy.

It really does.....

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, Crisis Rail said:

Seriously looks like my Fishing Pond next to the Blackpool line Andy.

It really does.....

No Fish in my Pond, in fact I think it's pretty stagnant, haha.

• Funny 3

Change of plan, I came down today / Thursday instead of tomorrow as the weather is better.

Stopped off at Didcot but didn't stay long, not a lot to see there now over the weeds.

Staying on the 4th floor of the Travel Lodge over looking Eastleigh Station and seen a few bits as there is a great view of the Yard from my window, and MARITIME THREE has just headed north on a Freightliner as I type this.

Also saw a Kettle earlier, I was told it was MAYFLOWER.

Pics will be forthcoming soon.

• Like 9

More time on the Station in the morning then off to stay with the family in the afternoon.

Another Freightliner just gone through, but really need to try and go to bed, and STOP keep jumping up every time I hear a Train.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

You cant beat a good Wetherspoons breakfast to start the day. Off accross  the road shortly for a bit of modern therapy. My also go into the model railway shop for some retail therapy later as well.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

You cant beat a good Wetherspoons breakfast to start the day. Off accross  the road shortly for a bit of modern therapy. My also go into the model railway shop for some retail therapy later as well.

Shame I'm at work today Andy, I would've popped along to say Hi. The Wagon Works is a favourite stopping point before heading over to the platform.
Sorry about the weather, its normally sunny down here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, pitbull1845 said:

Shame I'm at work today Andy, I would've popped along to say Hi. The Wagon Works is a favourite stopping point before heading over to the platform.
Sorry about the weather, its normally sunny down here!

Yeah quite good in there, I'll pop into the Station again on Monday about lunch time on my way home.

Saw some good bits this morning and it got me thinking about my original Kingsmill Yard Layout that was based on a cross between Eastleigh's Ballast Yard and Peak Forest for traffic flows.

The old cogs started working overtime again.:o 

Edited by Andrew P
aded a word
  • Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Yeah quite good in there, I'll pop into the Station again on Monday about lunch time on my way home.

Saw some good bits this morning and it got me thinking about my original Kingsmill Yard Layout that was based on a cross between Eastleigh's Ballast Yard and Peak Forest for traffic flows.

The old cogs started working overtime again.:o 

Steady there, don't want to lose a cog that far from home....!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

7 minutes ago, KNP said:

Steady there, don't want to lose a cog that far from home....!

As I don't watch much telly, I will be doodling tonight whilst staying with the Family. One never knows what's around the corner.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

As I don't watch much telly, I will be doodling tonight whilst staying with the Family. One never knows what's around the corner.

Normally another corner!

• Funny 2

26 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

Ha! In Andy's case it's normally another layout.

Regards Lez.

Whoops, but not yet Lez, I still have plenty of mileage left in this Layout, both scenically and photographically, as well as it's superb running opportunities.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1