Jump to content

Andrew P

New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Tomsontour said:

Andy I've spent some down time on my Guildford to Farnham shuttles this evening reading through this thread, my man what an lovely layout. Truly inspired me to get cracking back on with mine if I can get it anywhere near this standard, I'll be a very happy man. 

 

Superb effort mate :)

 

All the best

Matt

Thanks Matt, and I'm glad you enjoyed the read, having lived in the area, (Addlestone and Hampshire) I guess it was many shuttles, haha

 

Thanks for the kind words.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
6 hours ago, saxokid said:

Lovely weathering here Andy...

Thanks Saxo, glad you like it, I feel it's better slightly de weathered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This mornings pic is of the Railfreight 47 passing the meadow and pond.

XDSCF2650.JPG.88ca20584a5a81a30b10372b1cd13965.JPG

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots to report this morning.

 

Firstly those untidy P/W Men have left old rusty Rails lying about again.

DSCF2766.JPG.ce366dae96ea4a3eab9faa8650f71557.JPG

 

DSCF2767.JPG.c1f95779eca22d9d3538e7881eea25dc.JPG

 

  • Like 17
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Secondly, a new body arrived for the Blue 37.

DSCF2784.JPG.aa1c216179463f047bce5e73cadc8c47.JPG

 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thirdly, a visit to my local model shop produced the following;

Class 60 with Sound.

DSCF2785.JPG.a897992f1b1b39eec75871e8a60594ef.JPG

 

And a Class 31 and 47 awaiting chipping later.

DSCF2786.JPG.1bdc8d91eafd74169c77a5af3e8c16d7.JPG

 

DSCF2787.JPG.00c696f1944681690a06a1557c7bb5e3.JPG

 

DSCF2788.JPG.25b185d33972c25daa253d1843130065.JPG

 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Thirdly, a visit to my local model shop produced the following;

Class 60 with Sound.

DSCF2785.JPG.a897992f1b1b39eec75871e8a60594ef.JPG

 

And a Class 31 and 47 awaiting chipping later.

DSCF2786.JPG.1bdc8d91eafd74169c77a5af3e8c16d7.JPG

 

DSCF2787.JPG.00c696f1944681690a06a1557c7bb5e3.JPG

 

DSCF2788.JPG.25b185d33972c25daa253d1843130065.JPG

 

How long before they appear on the Hattons of Swad website?

 

How many of them have you owned before?

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

How long before they appear on the Hattons of Swad website?

 

How many of them have you owned before?

Oh shut up you old Tar*, :laugh:hahaha, that's what I get from all my mates, Oooooo Andy, haven't you had one of those before?:fie:

 

In fact, there all different numbers to any previous ones I may or may not have owned in a previous life.:good:

 

Anyway, I'm told that; what comes around goes around, what ever that means.:man_in_love_mini:

 

And so do you want to buy NM?:D

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I forgot to photograph the 5 new Wagons earlier, I still need to fit the stanchions to the BDA's.

DSCF2789.JPG.2c7956ee497cbe77a730e28b5e2bb7ea.JPG

 

DSCF2790.JPG.73539aeab3392dcb6b57c82c43b6c25d.JPG

 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last picture looks superb with that double sweeping curves.

Lots of trees now required to complete the view.....

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Last picture looks superb with that double sweeping curves.

Lots of trees now required to complete the view.....

Thanks Kevin, What is it with you and those dammed trees?:o hahah.:D Yes of course you are right, but I don't want to block to much of the view of the Pond or the sweeping curves. but yes your right, it does need addressing at some point.:good:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the meantime, todays pick of the pic of the day.:P

XDSCF2651.JPG.e47967bbcc43476d854c1eb4be3cda30.JPG

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking of trees.....!

The pond cries out for a weeping willow leaning at an angle with some of the branches in the water.

Then you could get yourself scanned by Alan at Modelu where he could make a model of you lying peacefully on your back staring at the sky chewing on a piece of grass..

 

Can you imagine the comments you would get!!!!

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KNP said:

Talking of trees.....!

The pond cries out for a weeping willow leaning at an angle with some of the branches in the water.

Then you could get yourself scanned by Alan at Modelu where he could make a model of you lying peacefully on your back staring at the sky chewing on a piece of grass..

 

Can you imagine the comments you would get!!!!

Yeah, like look at that lazy bloke laying on the grass gazing up and dreaming of starting a NEW Layout build.:good::D

  • Like 2
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Kevin, What is it with you and those dammed trees?:o hahah.:D Yes of course you are right, but I don't want to block to much of the view of the Pond or the sweeping curves. but yes your right, it does need addressing at some point.:good:

Trees....to be correct for your time period the railway had a line of Elm trees which had succumbed to Dutch Elm Disease.  

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Informative/Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Trees....to be correct for you time period the railway had a line of Elm trees which had succumbed to Dutch Elm Disease.  

I've had Dutch Loco disease before, when I've had far to many 37's in that livery, but never Elm.:rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In reply to a couple of posts : firstly the PW gang leaving rusty rails in the 6ft is a sure sign that a new layout is on the cards I suppose it just needs the design team and a possession meeting !!!

And the second point regarding the number of locomotives owned / deposed of by Mr P .....how about just getting a couple of sound fitted chassis for each Class and a load of bodies and you could become a 'Body Swopper' :jester:

  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gismorail said:

In reply to a couple of posts : firstly the PW gang leaving rusty rails in the 6ft is a sure sign that a new layout is on the cards I suppose it just needs the design team and a possession meeting !!!

And the second point regarding the number of locomotives owned / deposed of by Mr P .....how about just getting a couple of sound fitted chassis for each Class and a load of bodies and you could become a 'Body Swopper' :jester:

I do need some help Martin, I'm struggling to get an OO 47 to go over an O Gauge chassis, am I doing something wrong?:blink:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be photographing NM soon ready for some luck personage.:good:

  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said Andy. What was around the corner is a new layout. Oh well at least you're consistent. 

Regards Lez.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.