New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

3 hours ago, gismorail said:

Excellent and masterful work Andy really like the concept of this one going to be a busy bit of railway by the look of the plan. It's definitely the fastest build to date:drink_mini: 

Thanks Gis, It's not that quick, I need to sort out the wiring first. 

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

So is it two buses on the bridge, one blue and one red?

Clive  on behalf of the save Project X society.

Can't I use a Lorry Clive, I don't do Busses, as they are area specific.

• Like 2

I had ordered a Feather Signal for the  end of Platform 1, but when it arrived I found out it was DCC only and the Feather worked from the Hand Set as well so I have returned that and instead I decided to bite the bullet and have ordered a Traintronics Two Aspect with Left Feather and some more normal Red / Amber Signals and a couple more Ground Signals. They will all be worked from a 12 bank Peco Switch Frame as seen in previous pics.

I know some of the Signals are in the wrong place and far to close together, but I just fancied some light and colour and to make operation more interesting.

1908512489_TrackPlan-MARKEDSIGNALS.png.06a7fad1a41aa235878a15edce10d8db.png

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

In colour light signalled areas you can't have a green signal reading to a red which is what the one on the top platform seems to do.

Thanks, I wasn't sure, but didn't want to get into complicated wiring with a three aspect, as there isn't room on the Switch Panel for another Switch, and I didn't want to add a rotary either, so I will just have to live with one, I guess it'll be Rule #1.:mellow:

Thanks for pointing it out anyway.

On 27/06/2019 at 21:24, Andrew P said:

I had ordered a Feather Signal for the  end of Platform 1, but when it arrived I found out it was DCC only and the Feather worked from the Hand Set as well so I have returned that and instead I decided to bite the bullet and have ordered a Traintronics Two Aspect with Left Feather and some more normal Red / Amber Signals and a couple more Ground Signals. They will all be worked from a 12 bank Peco Switch Frame as seen in previous pics.

I know some of the Signals are in the wrong place and far to close together, but I just fancied some light and colour and to make operation more interesting.

1908512489_TrackPlan-MARKEDSIGNALS.png.06a7fad1a41aa235878a15edce10d8db.png

Andy - it is a pity you have already bought the signal for platform 1, as I would have swapped it for the one on the branch (for the reason the Signal Engineer gave), but I guess you are stuck with it now, because of the feather? Never mind!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mike Storey said:

Andy - it is a pity you have already bought the signal for platform 1, as I would have swapped it for the one on the branch (for the reason the Signal Engineer gave), but I guess you are stuck with it now, because of the feather? Never mind!

Cheers Mike, I think they might only be a push together kit, so I'll have a look after the weekend at swapping an LED, or the Feather.

Thanks for the idea.

6 hours ago, gismorail said:

That should not take long it's only two wires on DCC :diablo_mini:

Yeah o.k. Martin,:laugh: 2 WIRES, dream on matey.:mellow:

Baseboard ends and Fiddle Yard x 2

IMG_8485.JPG.930fe34d89bc0f64af1cbae2817204f3.JPG

Fiddle Yard ends x 2

IMG_8486.JPG.56b0474c5c43ea99213c3bfe23792cb3.JPG

Inter Board connector to F/Y inc Prog Track.

IMG_8487.JPG.309c861dcbdf17716bab1fd0d89ebc30.JPG

Under Main Board connection, still needs the Signal wires from the right hand end, back to the Control Panel.

IMG_8490.JPG.50e703809c4fddb67680830970cd02a4.JPG

SO, 22 Wires for the Signals, 5 for the Points and 2 for the Prog Track, and then the other Track feeds.:D

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

I'm disappointed, Andy, you've let me down! I forecast running by Friday, and it was Saturday! Seriously though, It's coming along splendidly. Looking forward to watching it being comleted. All the Best, Trevor

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, shedman said:

I'm disappointed, Andy, you've let me down! I forecast running by Friday, and it was Saturday! Seriously though, It's coming along splendidly. Looking forward to watching it being comleted. All the Best, Trevor

Haha, well actually I could have done a little bit of a Run on Friday on the two Main Lines, but I wanted to get the two Fiddle Yards wired as well, One Small Step.:good:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Much better to have passing trains, no more depots, run round loops, yards etc etc lets see the trains running, well done that man....

Thanks George, There will be at a Hand set at either end, so I give you a DCC Code and you drive the Loco towards yourself and your Fiddle Yard, and the same back again, which is run on the same principal as the original Black Country Blues when I worked it at DEMU a few years ago.

Driver at the door end will control the direction from that end, either down the Main or the Branch, and the driver at the right end will control the Goods Loop point.

Lots of interest for both operators.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

With the period you are modelling you need at least one twin power car Metro Cammell 2 car unit

Cheers, BUT what is that in lay mans English, a 101, 105, 108, or a 110?

As you may have guessed, I no bu66er all about DMU's mate.

• Like 1