New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

7 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Before I put me foot in it is that a 59 or a 66?

I've got a funny feeling that the Number on the side gives a little away mate, haha.:good: Is there a Specsavers near you?

• Funny 2

Things are moving on, but with nothing moving yet on the moving front, I have spent the last week or so sitting on my but, and doing nothing other than moping around as I'm bored with not having anything to plan or build. 

Last night I was chatting to my mate Jeff / Binny and he came up with an idea that I will be implementing later today. 

This should hopefully re kindle a little enthusiasm over the coming weeks / Months before we can sell / buy and get moved.

I have some work to do first, but will let things be known on here soon.

• Friendly/supportive 2

21 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Things are moving on, but with nothing moving yet on the moving front, I have spent the last week or so sitting on my but, and doing nothing other than moping around as I'm bored with not having anything to plan or build. 

Last night I was chatting to my mate Jeff / Binny and he came up with an idea that I will be implementing later today. 

This should hopefully re kindle a little enthusiasm over the coming weeks / Months before we can sell / buy and get moved.

I have some work to do first, but will let things be known on here soon.

Could it be to build a layout in a day :scared:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I think the angle it is filmed at and the driver of the Brush Type 4 being cautious has made it seem a near miss but the signalling should not have allowed both to be moving if there was a risk of a collision

Bit late to this party, but after the Brush has moved off the video clearly shows the points set for the two parallel moves.

The ‘enthusiast’ should try watching trains at busy places!!!

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, saxokid said:

Very nice weathering on that class 66 Andy...

cheers neil..

Thanks Neil, I will be doing some more once moved, but for now, all my gear is down Souf, and in storage until after I have the new location fully sorted and ready for use.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

Bit late to this party, but after the Brush has moved off the video clearly shows the points set for the two parallel moves.

The ‘enthusiast’ should try watching trains at busy places!!!

Paul.

I agree Paul, Eastleigh has lots of interesting and conflicting looking moves, such as the Aggregates 66 leaving Platform 3 to the North, but has to run Wrong Line for a short distance to enter the top Yard. Similar moves happen with Locos coming on and off the Depot, to Platform 3 from the South.

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

This mornings pic is again from an older set, this time of the 31 passing the Box with the Oils for Sheffield.

DSCF3208.JPG.0e8be144919a1437cec0796ac5a1d3b5.JPG

Hasn't that Class 31 been transferred away yet as being unable to pull the skin off a rice pudding? Class 31s weren't called Peds (i.e. pedestrian) for nothing.

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Hasn't that Class 31 been transferred away yet as being unable to pull the skin off a rice pudding? Class 31s weren't called Peds (i.e. pedestrian) for nothing.

I've only got 4 TTA's, so not a lot of weight to pull, thank goodness.:good: haha.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Brush Type 2s are lovely engines so stop taking the mickey, please Andrew. They always looked good on a Kings Cross suburban train.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

I’ll have you know that in late 75 or early 76 I saw a Brush 2 that achieved Paddington to Reading in the 34 mins allowed for type 4 power (there was an evening diagram that had 2 x Brush 2 allocatedso I assume that one was unavailable).  The fact that it then sat down and couldn’t go further is irrelevant!

Paul.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, 5BarVT said:

I’ll have you know that in late 75 or early 76 I saw a Brush 2 that achieved Paddington to Reading in the 34 mins allowed for type 4 power (there was an evening diagram that had 2 x Brush 2 allocatedso I assume that one was unavailable).  The fact that it then sat down and couldn’t go further is irrelevant!

Paul.

And the fact that they forgot to put any coaches behind it, haha.:nono::D

• Funny 2