New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

Having had a good day doing 7 short Videos from yesterdays filming, (I was hoping to get at least 10 Videos out of it, but hey ho), and today I managed 118 Photos.

Tomorrow New Mills will depart TOPS for pastures new, but I have enough pics in the bank for a few weeks to come.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Shame to see this go, it's been an excellent 'set' for your photos and videos. Is it going to anyone from RMweb?

Hi Rich, It's now GONE, but I have another 4 Videos and well over 100 Photos in the can, so there will be more to come.

The Buyer is not on R M Web as far as I know, but a really nice chap who will operate it with his Brother who is also into Model Railways.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Early start tomorrow as I'm being picked up early to go to the Hazel Grove Show, it will involve a Breakfast at Wetherspoons at Hazel Grove, haha.

Just about to watch the F1 Qualifying highlights so last pic for tonight.

DSCF4016.JPG.02f5e82aec22839f5ca289b069edfdd4.JPG

• Like 9

So New Mills went on Saturday, and I was at the Hazel Grove Show yesterday to try and get some inspiration, but TBH very little was forthcoming, in fact I was almost a miserable git, and still not looking forward with any certainty as to what / when or if I'll be able to start again.

I saw lots of nice ideas and took lots of photos, but most are such poor quality that I will not post many other than the ones I posted on Martin / Gismorails Chester Northgate, and Mick / Newbryfords Deadmans Lane.

So lets start today with a Video, No 29 of 30, and I hope you enjoy it.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 6

25 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Knowing your proclivity for wagonry correctitude, and having now sorted the lamp issue out, can I mention straps?

Mike.

STRAPS to you to matey,:o haha,:yes: Yes indeed, they do need doing, but it's how, that I'm still trying to work out Mike.

I want the Loads removable so that when re turning they are empty, (on the next great project that is), and so the Straps need to be shaped to look taught when on but attached to the Load so come off with the Pipes.

Good food for thought, Cheers for keeping an eye on me Mike.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

STRAPS to you to matey,:o haha,:yes: Yes indeed, they do need doing, but it's how, that I'm still trying to work out Mike.

I want the Loads removable so that when re turning they are empty, (on the next great project that is), and so the Straps need to be shaped to look taught when on but attached to the Load so come off with the Pipes.

Good food for thought, Cheers for keeping an eye on me Mike.

Thin brass strip?

Mike.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Thin brass strip?

Mike.

I like that idea Mike, I had thought of bits of elastic band superglued tight, and then cut off close to the Wagon fixings. Something to have a serious look at.

Cheers mate.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Class 60, 60078 in Mainline Blue gets the Green light as it enters New Mill Tunnel, whilst Class 150, 150150 emerges into the sunshine yesterday with the 11.22 Derby to Stoke Service, calling next at New Mills.

DSCF3927.JPG.cd00efddef8717fb8a75557fa177f47b.JPG

• Like 7