Warley NEC exhibition 23rd & 24th November 2019

Chris M

20 minutes ago, queensquare said:

We arent going this year as its our grandson Ted's second birthday and we are going to the party - jelly, ice cream, cake and a bubble machine:)

4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Can I change my plans for the weekend?

Isn't that what is on offer for Gold members Andy?

What's the point in a club if there is no jelly, ice cream, cake and bubbles*

*which sounds like a nickname that would suit Capt Kernow for some obscure reason.

• Funny 2

Looking for tea and sympathy. Plans for my first Warley in over a decade were ram raided this week by unexpected vet bills. Colour me p!ssed off, but happy that George D Cat lives on. Maybe next year.

Hope that all of you going, have a good time. 

• Friendly/supportive 10

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Isn't that what is on offer for Gold members Andy?

I haven't had any volunteers from the office for the proposed foot massage service, our purchase-Sherpa has gone missing saying he'd prefer the Himalayas which just leaves a cheery wave on the menu.

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jwealleans said:

I hope all these will be coming with you next year, Jerry.  We're slumming it on Malt Loaf and Lemon Drizzle in our block this year.

Malt Loaf and lemon drizzle sounds good to me. I might bring the bubble machine next year though. We've been trying it out in the kitchen, its great fun and only about the size of a football so very portable!!

Jerry

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

I haven't had any volunteers from the office for the proposed foot massage service, our purchase-Sherpa has gone missing saying he'd prefer the Himalayas which just leaves a cheery wave on the menu.

That’s a pity. If I had gold membership I would have been looking forward to my glass of something tepid and picking up my ‘RMweb Gold Member’ baseball cap. :D

• Funny 1

London & North Western Society at Warley

Come along on Saturday or Sunday and talk to us on the L&NWR Society stand , Its number C56 (note the change from that advertised) . We have a wonderful gauge 1 Webb compound  on display together with a selection of our own publications.  We will also have our lists of LNWR based models either available now or those out of production (these often come up om a well know auction site!)

Our membership fee is only £30 per year and represents amazing value for money.     Anyone interested in, or modeling the LNWR, the western division of the LMS or into BR days will find plenty of interest.   Even in the modern day there is still LNWR infrastructure to be seen.

As a special show offer we will be giving away one of the three LNWR Society publications illustrated here to anyone joining at the show.  Stand C56.

John Gowers

DSC_0725.JPG

DSC_0725-001.JPG

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jwealleans said:

We're slumming it on Malt Loaf and Lemon Drizzle in our block this year.

Yum:man_in_love_mini: Mrs Wealleans is the second-best creator of Malt loaf I know ...

I shall be there on stand A82 'Layout Planning & Design'. However, just spotted that the on line guide appears to be a repeat of last year's entry - I shall in fact be there with one board of our GMRC Heat layout, as below, to illustrate aspects of layout design.

DSC09233.JPG

Edited by LNER4479
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

And so it begins. A morning spent cleaning wheels in preparation for the show, so out with the trusty Duette. Clean wheels and clean track are essential for good running so its time well invested. I'll declare North Ballachulish a cake free zone, but there will be an over abundance of wine gums and probably 75cl of a beverage in keeping with the West Highlands of Scotland. No, not Irn Bru.

Wheel_cleaning.jpg.56b3dbd6b370f2661cd671849f11a806.jpg

Edited by Persephone
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Postie has just delivered my exhibition programme and I've just booked a hotel for Saturday so that I can now attend both days. At least I can make it a more relaxed visit now spread over the 2 days rather than trying to cram everything in. See you all there!

• Like 2

On 20/11/2019 at 16:47, queensquare said:

I might bring the bubble machine next year though. We've been trying it out in the kitchen, its great fun and only about the size of a football so very portable!!

Jerry

Sssh - GMRC will be insisting all layouts have a bubble machine next year.:mellow:

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, RichardS said:

GMRC will be insisting all layouts have a bubble machine next year

I appreciate the humour on this site but my wife has a allergy which means her skin blisters if it comes into contact with many soap based products. Therefore the output from bubble machines has to be treated with extreme caution.

• Thanks 1

I've just heard about the strike action from West Midlands Railway.  I live in Lichfield and I don't have access to a car right now.  Does anyone know how to get from Lichfield to Birmingham International without a car or a West Midlands Trains Service on Saturday for half 8?