Warley NEC exhibition 23rd & 24th November 2019

Chris M

• RMweb Gold

I’m going tomorrow after work, got to work the RHTT into bescot first, I’ll have a kip On the loco while it’s serviced then head over to the NEC, I was planning on catching the train from bescot but I’ll have to see if anything is running, if not I’ll hitch a ride on the RHTT which conveniently has an op stop in international at 11:30!

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

7 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Cake or chocolate, I’m not fussed ;)

(you can see one chock in the photo ;) )

Minimum of two required, surely?

5 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

am I the only one who doesn't bother with a floor plan and just wanders around aimlessly like a kid in a sweet shop :lol:

I get the floor plan, work out which stands I want to visit then wander aimlessly between them and the others. I also trace my aimless route on the plan and mark any stands I'd like to revisit.

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, big jim said:

I’m going tomorrow after work, got to work the RHTT into bescot first, I’ll have a kip On the loco while it’s serviced then head over to the NEC, I was planning on catching the train from bescot but I’ll have to see if anything is running, if not I’ll hitch a ride on the RHTT which conveniently has an op stop in international at 11:30!

Jim! What time are you going? Il be there!

dont spose youve already posted that 165 chip? Would save you the hassle!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I always use the cloakroom when I go, just need to remember to collect my stuff on the way back out! 

As I’m coming straight from work I’ll probably be head to toe in orange hi-viz so I’d better leave the jacket in the cloakroom or anyone who brushes past me may get buffer grease on themselves! (Although that’s one way of having my own personal space in front of a layout!) 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Jack Cregan said:

Hi Does anyone know if the bag drop facility will be available this year? I found it very handy last year to go shopping unhindered and then pack up for the flight home.

Cheers Jack

T

I think there is a left luggage facility - £1 per item...(my advice....put your coat in your bag)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I see you're going to Guildford rather than Camborne to save time. 

Yes if you go via Camborne any day except Wednesday, the train stops there,

and if there's a cornishman in the box, the signal will be pulled dreckly,

so you could be sat waiting a long time.

Edited by rab
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

10 minutes ago, rab said:

Yes if you go via Camborne any day except Wednesday, the train stops there,

and if there's a cornishman in the box, the signal will be pulled dreckly,

so you could be sat waiting a long time.

Jethro: Train don't stop Camborne Wednesdays! :jester:

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

T

I think there is a left luggage facility - £1 per item...(my advice....put your coat in your bag)

Or if you have a zip in fleece it still costs a £1, I usually drop my jacket off with fleece, although one year they hadn't opened the left luggage by hall 5 and I had to fight the bikers at another one!

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

After having to replace a transformer that had a bit of meltdown for no apparent reason...
Http://www.canuteroadquay.com is all set up and ready on the Hornby Magazine stand A44 with their 3 other layouts in N, 009 and 0 gauge at the show this weekend. 
FAE9D75D-B635-419E-9FBD-C2DC707E7D3F.jpeg.e8f81ef0eefb841b61728f6d820914dd.jpeg

3802329A-2818-44CE-8ABE-DCE5D7C8CC84.jpeg.10bca3e7fa9209b893245308bc5d6b96.jpeg

0781A451-C407-4F7F-98D0-7486B2000C2F.jpeg.72e8c134402b3582777c7d09b27d15f2.jpeg

F0DEFE93-8382-496E-876B-0AB6D4E63FBF.jpeg.eae9a6c59fe3704bf8d6b9ecc01831c9.jpeg33520FDE-EEA6-44B4-A8F8-D6AA6082DC5E.jpeg.01d5d99c391913def7da958b7dc1a8d2.jpeg 

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I put a high degree of thought in to my plan for Saturday at Warley... Ive consistently spent a 4 figure sum each year, often as a source for projects (rather than new releases) for my modelling projects next year.

Indeed the only 2 new releases on my shopping list is a “Planet” industrial shunter in 4mm from Narrow Planet, to represent as the National Benzole Shunter at Bury in the early 1970’s, and R4901 Mk2 Test train coach, which i wasn't going to buy solo and pay postage on. My wish list of items, subject to price & availability is considerable though.. Ive got 2 items quite high on that list with a tip off about one of them tomorrow which is going to be my early target. Usually always theres an unexpected surprise find too.

My usual modus operandi is, targetted hunting on saturday morning, followed by scouting the shops generally in the afternoon. Sundays, is all about the layouts and take the family with me.

so my plan starts in red for the first pass at early doors, followed by blue and green... military precision... if you want it and its limited.. at Warley its so big its the only way... never arrived after 915, never left before close, never sat for more than 45 mins. That said this year, for the first time, the Bachmann returns stand isnt stop number 1.

3C929D2C-FE1C-49C3-9068-C6E7AA059A89.jpeg.c0435e74344883f63c6fbb69050b4b59.jpeg

i’ll see you at the doors in 10hrs and 7 minutes..,

Heljan stand at 09.15:30 arr, 09:15:40 dep (return later)

Accurascale at 10:15 arr.. departure tbc.

Spoons at noon for the Rmweb drinks / half time natter ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Do the handbrakes work on these things nowadays?:rolleyes:

I can't say for sure, Mike, as they were all HAAs when I knew them 30-odd years ago. Presumably if there was no handbrake the lever(s) would have been removed?

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Yes,

About to leave home to open the hall !!   

Shop/ drop is available in the plan above the block with the red highlighted stand  is where to aim for, access is where no stands are shown near a rank of resting seats - again 350 across the hall plus around 900 seat capacity in catering areas.

see some of you soonish.

Robert  

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, TEAMYAKIMA said:

Is there any demonstrator  or visitor reading this who knows about the Faller roadway? I am on stand B48 and I have a faulty vehicle that needs reassembling after slight accident - any practical help is most welcome. Thanks 

You could ask Graham Nicholas in the demo area.

Baz

• Like 1