Warley NEC exhibition 23rd & 24th November 2019

Chris M

Caught me in one of the reflections there!

I especially liked the Harz mountain railway and the Bristol MRC end-to-end with the huge bridge and the estuary.  Daughters liked the sci-fi/steampunk one, of course.  Had a chat with the Austrian railways chap about the Pinzgauerlokalbahn, which I've been on twice but never managed to get the steam train.  The GMRC layouts were massive - I can see why finishing one in three days is such a challenge now.  The Miniature Minitur Wunderland mountain on the Bachmann stand looked much better in the flesh.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Bargains of the day...

Realtrack 143 for £140

F32FE931-DFBF-46D8-978C-625215623C6F.jpeg.025e8a54e2e13cef81cf2a0ef20cecbc.jpeg

Bachmann returns 37/47/57/67/included Police 47, Yiwu 66.. prices quite negotiable !

F2CF2040-ADDA-435F-8653-4A035163543A.jpeg.0e435a5789e11f4ebc30dc3697ffff9d.jpeg

I gave away 37 ROG 37’s to other people before thinking maybe I could do with one, by which time it was too late, so ordered the Accurascale one instead.

Model Rail J70’s are £115

90D1A3EE-A249-4376-94C7-597EDDFD5664.jpeg.f956753e1d06cfe902c328e55a8f1060.jpeg

A few people have DBS Class 67’s at £90

Those Network Rail Mk2’s are rapidly becoming gold dust 

D05E01D5-8F6F-4BC0-B2CE-C2AFF09C7B1B.jpeg.4ce175c3fb8d5aa76a38e11410525110.jpeg

Kernow 4TCs are £199 today.

of particular note today...

seeing the NER railcar EP this looks very good !

as does Oxfords new tank wagons

The 63xx was particularly impressive to see

GT3, despite the reservations of many (myself included)  they have come good and added a Fell to the list.

Finally got to meet and tour the hall with GBRF  Jim !!

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 6

Rail transport issues do not seem to have affected attendance ! A great show as always, thanks to everyone involved.

I tried a new route this year, train Oxford/Leamington/Solihull, X12 bus Solihull/NEC. All transport modes were on time, with seats available, and the bus fare (an all-day rover) was IMHO a very reasonable £4.00. I also managed to buy everything I wanted. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

After all the doom & gloom about the trains, that was one of the smoothest journeys there and back I've had.

0830 VT from New Street, up to about 5 mins before it left seats were for the choosing.

Same back from International 1433 VT had seats to spare on the trip to New Street.

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

It’s nearly end of day, Hall is thinning out. 

The crowds this afternoon certainly were not put off.

Another great, busy day. Tomorrow is family day for me, and chance to view the layouts..

I forgot to mention the announcement of an announcement that will lead to an announcement.. (I think I said it 3 times).... Have to wait for Jan 6th, but I think it looks like this..

76515A62-84FE-4F25-BC2A-E376C041A7C7.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Funny 2

Brilliant to see a decorated 2-HAP - did you, by any chance, get an idea of when delivery is expected of the production version? (I cannot find the predictive list on Bachmann's own site, and others are no longer reporting it in their progress charts/info.)

Many thanks in advance....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thank you everyone who has posted about Warley today, sadly an accident prevents me going this year, but it is good to get a feel for what is happening. Hi 

• Friendly/supportive 8

28 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Model rail snuck in an image of the Vale of Rheidol locos in 009, apparently its an In house project (not through another manufacturer) and drawings were sent to the far east to make cads. 

Hopefully info will be up soon as I really would like to have those locos on my eventual 009 layout, anyone have luck snagging a pic of the image?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Had a good full day there, just got home, feet seriously aching after walking round in my steel toe cap boots, luckily a colleague was in the stand with the coal hopper so I managed a sit down a couple of times!

as adb968008 said we ended up walking round the show together for a couple of hours after we inadvertently met up on the accurascale stand while I was paying a deposit for the twin pack nuclear wagons (we’ve never met before) nice to meet accurascale fran too (I really should get round to ordering those TPE and sleeper coaches as well as the 37/6 and PFA!!

got me a few bits and bobs, model rail J70 coz it looks stunning! Hornby network rail coaches, Bachmann northern belle BG

as for non rolling stock got me some low relief laser cut buildings and double track OHLE portals and rejoined the Bachmann club 

To anyone else I met today but didn’t mention, nice to meet you all 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Have to say, with this year being my first time at Warley, I have been very impressed and have managed to grab some good deals. Yes I may ah e been the seconded person at the door this morning :P but this has led to a rather successful and enjoyable day! (Yes, it may have been a bit wallet heavy today but I still came under budget, somehow!)

FABE6DB2-940D-4022-9573-05F6ABE42D2D.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Great day at warley,  i dont know why but i felt it wasnt quite as good as last year thought, but everyones taste in layouts/trade stalls is different! 

highlight for me was running straight to the Heljan stand and picking up this beauty for a ridiculous £250. 
good to meet a couple people from on here too.

FEDA11E6-E184-4B17-952F-94B1B02FD148.jpeg

• Like 4