Bembridge IOW

As of last night I started the restoration work on the Bembridge layout. I purchased this layout from its former owner and builder Paul Mays about ten years ago. I purchased the layout and continued to exhibit it but eventually I decided to retire it 5 years ago so that Merstone could take its place. As I have an invite for Warley this year I need to replace the backscene with an in-built control panel, lighting rig, new fascias and tidy up the wiring underneath. I also had some BIG cobwebs and spiders to evict as well.

BEM 1.jpg

BEM 2.jpg

BEM 3.jpg

BEM 4.jpg

BEM 5.jpg

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 5 months later...
16 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

And very good it looked too, it ran very well when I got the chance to see it on the Sunday.

You would never know its age as it looked very fresh and displayed very well, so good work!

Thank you i am glad you liked it. I still have an intention of  replacing all the track as there is a slight distortion on the end of the 2 scenic boards that has caused a slight ski Jump effect. It will involve ripping up the old track levelling off the surfaces and then relaying the hand built track and point work as well as the re ballast

14 hours ago, Mike Storey said:

So good to see this back in action. Can we see new pics please??!

I will upload some now. Alternately you can see the whole catalogue of pictures in the layouts facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2174554029455311/?multi_permalinks=2503323236578387&notif_id=1575019771111306&notif_t=group_activity

• Thanks 1

I do like the re-vamp, especially the representation of the Royal Spithead hotel. I guess space does not permit much more with that, but what made it was the glazed portico. But that would stick out half way across the road, so a non-starter.

Good luck with the relaying of the track!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike Storey said:

I do like the re-vamp, especially the representation of the Royal Spithead hotel. I guess space does not permit much more with that, but what made it was the glazed portico. But that would stick out half way across the road, so a non-starter.

Good luck with the relaying of the track!!

It has an invitation to the Taunton Show for October 2020 

• Like 2