Class 50's out of Exeter (to waterloo)

Afternoon all

I'm currently trying to recreate a class 50 hauled service to Waterloo from Exeter, what I don't know is when it came to stopping at stations with a short platform (research tells me the service is 9 cars long) did the train stop at the end of the platform as normal so the front x amount of carriages could alight only or did they let the first few alight and then pull the rest up for the rear coaches to alight? 

Also looking at RTT data i'm assuming the stop at Salisbury was to add more coaches? 

Kind regards - LB

Edited by Lord Bickerstaff

• RMweb Premium

The Mk2 (a/b/c) sets were generally 3xTSO, TSOT, 2xBFK, 3xTSO giving 9 coaches in total. There was no splitting/joining on route - the sets worked the full route. The BFKs were in the middle, normally with the guards van areas back-to-back, so they would always be platformed irrespective of where the loco stopped in relation to the platform. There was no pulling up in normal service that I am aware of, passengers had to walk through if necessary.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

The Mk2 (a/b/c) sets were generally 3xTSO, TSOT, 2xBFK, 3xTSO giving 9 coaches in total. There was no splitting/joining on route - the sets worked the full route. The BFKs were in the middle, normally with the guards van areas back-to-back, so they would always be platformed irrespective of where the loco stopped in relation to the platform. There was no pulling up in normal service that I am aware of, passengers had to walk through if necessary.

Thats great information thank you just what I needed and the formation an added bonus Thank you :)