PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

Are you still doing the JNA wagon sets (for the scrap train) or have they all sold out on pre-order?

Hi David,

None of the sets are sold out on pre-order as of yet and are still available on our website https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pta-jta-jua-bogie-tippler-wagons

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere, but when pre ordering, when is money taken from my card, now or at time of dispatch?

You can choose to pay a deposit only at time of ordering or pay in full which takes the full amount at order. 

• 1 month later...

Just been looking to pre-order some of these but added several different packs to my cart but does not show any option on the individual pages nor at checkout to pre-order or reflecting the 10% off 2 packs?

Just wish to check if this is the case please prior to confirming my order.

Many thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, RJennings said:

Just been looking to pre-order some of these but added several different packs to my cart but does not show any option on the individual pages nor at checkout to pre-order or reflecting the 10% off 2 packs?

Just wish to check if this is the case please prior to confirming my order.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi there,

If you click this link and place your order you will get the discount https://accurascale.co.uk/discount/PTA-Bundle?redirect=%2Fcollections%2Fpta-jta-jua-bogie-tippler-wagons

Also, we will have the first preproduction samples of these at on our stand at GETS this coming weekend! Drop by for a closer look.

Cheers,

Fran

20 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

If you click this link and place your order you will get the discount https://accurascale.co.uk/discount/PTA-Bundle?redirect=%2Fcollections%2Fpta-jta-jua-bogie-tippler-wagons

Also, we will have the first preproduction samples of these at on our stand at GETS this coming weekend! Drop by for a closer look.

Cheers,

Fran

Many thanks - order duly placed for 1 of each pack :)

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone, 

We have received our first samples of our forthcoming PTA/JTA/JUA. Well actually, we got a box of bits which our Technical Director has assembled! 

152169071_Coupledtogether1692.jpg.4208ada303968eb18fcf63d8d810edf8.jpg

We're quite happy with a lot of it, and there are some small tweaks, but we are on course for our January delivery date! 

More info and pics here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/pta-jta-jua-tippler-sample-is-here

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone, 

We have received our first samples of our forthcoming PTA/JTA/JUA. Well actually, we got a box of bits which our Technical Director has assembled! 

152169071_Coupledtogether1692.jpg.4208ada303968eb18fcf63d8d810edf8.jpg

We're quite happy with a lot of it, and there are some small tweaks, but we are on course for our January delivery date! 

More info and pics here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/pta-jta-jua-tippler-sample-is-here

Cheers,

Fran

Hi Fran,

These have come quite quick. Looking good.

Presumably the detail such as the ladders is further down the line?

Thanks,

Rich.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McC said:

Hi Rich,

They are on the other side actually :)

Image from iOS (3).jpg

Thanks!

I am a bit of a wagon geek but not enough of one to know if they were on both sides on the prototype. I suspect not as photos seem to contain a mixture.

Will be popping along to the GETS to have a look in the flesh. :).

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Growling said:

Thanks!

I am a bit of a wagon geek but not enough of one to know if they were on both sides on the prototype. I suspect not as photos seem to contain a mixture.

Will be popping along to the GETS to have a look in the flesh. :).

Hi there!

Ladders were on one side only, on the side opposite to the to the braking equipment.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, daz9284 said:

Dam, been trying hard not to order them, but I have given and ordered 1x outer ARC pack, 1x inner ARC pack and 1x inner Yeoman packs.

Can't wait for them

Do you not need a Yeoman outer pack?

I will be ordering too. Just resisting as I need to get some Cawoods PFAs first. I saw theses samples on Wednesday and they look good. Great underframe detail as always from Accurascale. The bogies look great and will now be making an appearance on the JSAs too. A clever move.

Surprised no one noticed 47901 in picture above. I must press on with mine.

Edited by BR Blue
Spelling
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, BR Blue said:

Do you not need a Yeoman outer pack?

I will be ordering too. Just resisting as I need to get some Cawoods PFAs first. I saw theses samples on Wednesday and the look good. Great underframe detail as always from Accurascale. The bogies look great and will now be making an appearance on the JSAs too. A clever move.

Surprised no one noticed 47901 in picture above. I must press on with mine.

No I don't need a Yeoman outer pack as I will be mixing the Yeoman inners into the ARC ones

1 hour ago, BR Blue said:

Ok. I thought might be it after I asked the question.

We wont have long to wait. I will be using 56s on the ARC ones and hopefully the Dapol 59 on the Yeoman ones.

Will be using the Dapol ARC Dapol if they get the colouring correct.

also on order a Dapol National Power 59 for the rake of National Power JMA coal wagons that I have converted from Freightliner HHA's

• Like 1

On 17/08/2019 at 13:01, mevaman1 said:

Did the Yeoman or ARC JTA/PTAs ever run together in the same trains with the two axle PGAs?  I would love to be able to run my old Lima/Hornby PGA wagons with these.

A very late reply to this question, but, yes they did, and quite regularly for a short spell in the Mendip traffic.

In 1991/2 I was working for Trainload Freight and dealt with paperwork for incidents and accidents,

on more than one occasion (I think 3 times in my spell there) a train parted at or near Spring Gardens on the Whatley Branch.

The reason being failure of an instanter coupling in the rear PGA portion of a mixed Jumbo train.

I believe the reason being there is a dip in the line there, with the train braked into the dip, and powered out again.

Thus there is either a snatch as the train starts to climb, or would the brakes at the rear of a long train take longer to release?

edit - I also have a set of Working Manual pages from 1987 giving marshalling instructions for PGAs on the rear of trains from the Mendips. (Note that on hire 46t POAs could also be marshalled in the rear portion). So mixed trains ran over at least a five year spell. 

cheers

Edited by Rivercider
correct terminology
  • Informative/Useful 4