PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

• 2 weeks later...

Would someone be able to confirm if the VTG Grey & Yeoman Grey/Ivory are still in service or have they been withdrawn?

Toying with the idea of getting both these packs to run together but only if they are still in active service over the last few years to current day.

Cheers.

27 minutes ago, McC said:

Might help - some present-day-ish workings there

Ok thanks for that.

Thus we have DB/EWS in charge of particular recent workings which are hauled by Class 66's or maybe even Class 59's, tried searching for recent photo's but difficult to find or ascertain which Freight companies and/or loco's are involved with these type of wagons I am looking at of the VTG Grey variety & possibly Yeoman's mixed in.

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, classy52 said:

Ok thanks for that.

Thus we have DB/EWS in charge of particular recent workings which are hauled by Class 66's or maybe even Class 59's, tried searching for recent photo's but difficult to find or ascertain which Freight companies and/or loco's are involved with these type of wagons I am looking at of the VTG Grey variety & possibly Yeoman's mixed in.

Hi there,

Unfortunately the VTG ones, which were the last in service, were withdrawn a few years ago. Most have been scrapped, converted into JSAs etc.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 28/11/2019 at 10:12, classy52 said:

Ok thanks for that.

Here's a rake from 2012 - EWS 66 with all grey VTG except for one Yeoman JUA mixed in: 

JUA VTG 26xxx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 08/11/2019 at 22:11, lyneux said:

They're looking great Fran! Have you got a shot 'end-on' of the inners please? The auto air brake force adjustment equipment (or whatever it's called - the thing on the bogie by the ladder) looks nice and fine too. Any chance of a 'closer look' at this too?

Thanks,

Guy

Hi Guy,

Apologies for keeping you waiting for a month for this, but it’s the first time I’ve had the sample back in the office since you asked (Warley logistics, designer scrutinising etc!)

08D84E09-E02B-4611-9334-8DBD764E0290.jpeg.c9f836a3bda654e78165eb1ec997dc3b.jpeg

Cheers

Fran

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Just ordered 3 packs of the Ravenscraig ones. Really looking forward to these arriving as I have a nice pair of ML37s to head them. 
One thing I did notice that there was no discount applied to the order? Has this stopped or have I missed something glaringly obvious? 

Cheers

Eddie

Email the lads with your order number and they will sort it.

Happened to me before and they emailed me a gift card of the price difference as the system would not allow refunds at the time. 

• RMweb Gold

Here is the link to the discount Code 

https://accurascale.co.uk/discount/PTA-Bundle?redirect=%2Fcollections%2Fpta-jta-jua-bogie-tippler-wagons

Or you can paste PTA-Bundle in at checkout.

If you missed that Eddie, just send us your order ID confirmation when you have a moment and we can check it out for you!

3 hours ago, black and decker boy said:

What is / was the bundle discount on the PTAs? I can’t see anything in that link and also placed an order for 4 packs earlier in the month.

thanks

Bundle price for 1 pack of  inners + 1 pack of outers is/was approx £269 ? 

Edited by tractor_37260
amend text
  • Thanks 1

Just found the RFQ rotary match wagon pools that ran with crippled iron ore PTA wagons

BR Ferryhill rotary tippler match pool 6393

M 732343 M 732375 M 732445 M 732521

BR Immingham rotary tippler match pool 6329

B 954524 B 954620 B 954682 B 954769 B 954935 B 954952

BR Ravenscraig rotary match tippler pool 6389

B 954566 B 954876

BR Port Talbot rotary match tippler pool 6391

B 954767 B 954813 B 954860 B 954912

The Ferryhill pool was for the Ravenscraig PTA that ran with the lime from Ferryhill quarry,

1 hour ago, GordonC said:

they'd make an interesting model running with some cripples, dont think I've ever seen those modelled

There were also two LMS conversions sold to Procor for use with the ones used for stone traffic and the tended to live at Radstock.

Others were ex BR brake vans with the bodies removed.

Mark Saunders