PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

Looks fantastic...I do not need to buy 5 more !

I'm glad you've mentioned the paint shade, it looks a little limey and not yellowy enough IMO, appreciate difficult with camera/monitors/phone screens etc. and they were obviously very clean when brand new.

Hi Fran,

They look very nice. I'm excited to be on the order book for these!

Regarding the paint 'tweaks', can you confirm which colours you will be tweaking? Is it the main mustard colour? Having spent a lot of time photographing this shade I can understand that it looks quite different in different photos (it's not very tolerant of the colour casts on photographic film from the period). Also, the under frame grey looks a tad dark too (when compared to the grey of the ARC lettering for example). Could be a trick of the light though since that area is more in shadow in the photos?

A couple of details that people might want to add (aftermarket) are the buffer locking collars and knuckle coupling pole on the outer wagon buffered end. They were often missing from the wagons though so no problem not having them. I never got round to adding these to my ones either!

Cheers,

Guy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, lyneux said:

Hi Fran,

They look very nice. I'm excited to be on the order book for these!

Regarding the paint 'tweaks', can you confirm which colours you will be tweaking? Is it the main mustard colour? Having spent a lot of time photographing this shade I can understand that it looks quite different in different photos (it's not very tolerant of the colour casts on photographic film from the period). Also, the under frame grey looks a tad dark too (when compared to the grey of the ARC lettering for example). Could be a trick of the light though since that area is more in shadow in the photos?

A couple of details that people might want to add (aftermarket) are the buffer locking collars and knuckle coupling pole on the outer wagon buffered end. They were often missing from the wagons though so no problem not having them. I never got round to adding these to my ones either!

Cheers,

Guy

Hi Guy,

Both the mustard and grey colour is being reviewed for tweaks.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We hope you are enjoying the Bank Holiday and reflecting on VE Day - let’s celebrate and be thankful for the sacrifices made by so many.

To add to the celebration, it's time for another PTA/JTA/JUA reveal! Today it is our other British Steel pack, the original and iconic grey and orange livery, synonymous with the triple headed Class 37 and double headed class 56 trains between Port Tolbot and Llanwaren as well as Ravenscraig trains.

2_(2).jpg.9e942083b2bb3dba7aa6bad456f7b3b5.jpg

These have been our most popular sellers of the PTA/JTA/JUA production run so far, and it is easy to see why! We are not sold on the grey, and it is getting tweaked before production. We cant wait to see a recreated 37 triple header!

Cheers!

Fran

270829324_5(1).jpg.c1b9aa9eff6f558a5e9295c791f544a1.jpg

7_(2).jpg.78c26835ac1c2bf50f289b099d05a0a3.jpg

1_(2).jpg.368e56e17b0e496de2bd41b9d7958c92.jpg

1189466736_6(2).jpg.2ce87f82b3d4a6dedd7246086a0fab6d.jpg

8.jpg.991caa55b5fb0119e01a8e67bca18ea7.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Hi Fran,

Absolutely echoed on VE day.

A good decision to run the Inners on these then. All versions look great. For such a heavyweight wagon amongst wagons it's a surprise they haven't been produced to such a standard before now but hopefully you can capitalise.

I presume the grey needs to be darker maybe?  They look a little bluey on the photos but that maybe just the light.

Good luck with their production.

Rich.

• Like 1

They look great and they are the ones that I have ordered but I can see why you are not sold on the grey, it does look a little too blue.

Wonder if I should try and recreate this:

spacer.png

Photo courtesy of Terry Hutton.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Fran,

I’m really glad I took the decision to order a 10 wagon set of these in the grey/orange livery to run on Newlands Park. Might even put the 85 on them for the Hardendale workings. 

Whilst the grey looks a bit light in the photos it’s probably not a bad shade for creating the work worn faded weathered look these wagons appear in. 

All the best 

Mark

• Thanks 1

Rookie question - would these “grey” and orange wagons be used for the Hunterston - Ravenscraig runs when they were top and tailed by Class 37’s probably during late 70’s / early 80’s ? .........seem to recall them thundering thru our local station when I was waiting for the Evening Times newspapers to arrive for my paper-round........ 

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Check out our latest decorated sample reveal of our lovely PTA/JTA/JUA wagon range, the VTG grey pack!

2087331620_2(3).jpg.1b97eedca62dc526b0e3097fcf76f480.jpg

The VTG liveried wagons reflect the final years of service of these wagons from the mid-2000s as they were repainted in VTG livery and used on spoil, sand and sea dredged aggregates trains behind a variety of traction!

Cheers!

Fran

1_(3).jpg.81a4c401213931bdf03f2be58e33e651.jpg

3_(1).jpg.42945dbaff583d066688182255335a32.jpg

1885232271_6(3).jpg.333c471761044b5abb8ee3e7da3c15b9.jpg

1811345610_8(1).jpg.ba107b12b9e374c8ba6e34a7396a3c14.jpg

• Like 11

Hi, 

I spent many years hauling these around to and from Cliffe/Crawley/Stewarts Lane etc and always thought they had an excellent brake, it just worked! The couplings played a massive part in a really smooth ride with these, no snatching etc. 

For me, my choice here was a Heljan Class 33 (83301) or a pack of these for my layout, you can see clearly in your pictures just exactly what I've been saying we need for a long time.... Accurate modern wagons for our accurate(ish) modern Locos to pull, so Thank you so much for these. 

Looking forward to these arriving as my order has just been placed... 

Kindest Regards, 

Shed. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 08/05/2020 at 16:15, Hound Dog said:

Rookie question - would these “grey” and orange wagons be used for the Hunterston - Ravenscraig runs when they were top and tailed by Class 37’s probably during late 70’s / early 80’s ? .........seem to recall them thundering thru our local station when I was waiting for the Evening Times newspapers to arrive for my paper-round........ 

Thanks

Yes, I dont think the top and tailing lasted long and instead they often added an extra loco at Mossend for the steep part round to Ravenscraig

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning one and all!

Today is the last of our PTA/JTA/JUA reveals, but we did save a popular one till the end, the iconic Foster Yeoman livery!

1.jpg.5faad3b99a20dd8717df1f3d7a4ca32a.jpg

Our first release focuses on the second yeoman livery for the PTA/JTA/JUAs, with the beautiful big block Yeoman logo with its famous blue background. Once again the printing and paint will be much sharper on the finished models, as will fit and finish. They are now in production for a September delivery.

2.jpg.31199eb903e327a2fbf4c250f0e820d5.jpg

5.jpg.1850327f573cfc85e08486608c6c59d0.jpg

7.jpg.ccff04b8bbca5edf9e8990399f548b98.jpg

8.jpg.2347d285aaf26ced25b8f2fb0fcdfdb8.jpg

As with all the tippler packs, you can order them direct via our website for a September 2020 delivery. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 12