PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

I know Kernow did some 37/9's with Bachmann but I hope that you might consider them in the future to go with British steel liveried wagons. The picture is from my collection not the video as sadly my dad had not yet got a camcorder when we were going to south wales.

margam 02.png

Of course if you do decided to do them PLEASE PLEASE give it a couple of years so I can save up for them!!!!!!

Edited by slg
  • Like 3

Dame it, I might have to order a mixed rake or ARC and Yeoman wagons now.535546809_eastleigh20.png.e00803f371b68085bbbea5f0b4d8a5ed.png

I think I need to stop scanning all my old photos into my computer, too many good examples keep cropping up.

• Like 5

On 17/05/2020 at 21:08, slg said:

Dame it, I might have to order a mixed rake or ARC and Yeoman wagons now.535546809_eastleigh20.png.e00803f371b68085bbbea5f0b4d8a5ed.png

I think I need to stop scanning all my old photos into my computer, too many good examples keep cropping up.

that is what I have done, ordered 1x ARC outer, 1x ARC inner & 1x Yeoman outer packs. Also building a single S Kits PHA to add into the mix.

• Like 3

If you are after variety and something to mix with your Accurascale PTAs, ARC had 16 PXAs built that ran with the PTAs.

Same same but different!

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/arcaggregatebox

PR27001 to PR27016.

They ran on a mixture of Schlieren and Axle Motion bogies. I've made a few for Whatley and am working on doing some more based around my own kit using the Silouette Cameo cutter and styrene. Will have to write it up...

Guy

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

@Accurascale Fran Hi there, I'm hoping you can help me. I have 15 of the wagons on pre-order and I'm currently making a S-Kits PHA to add to the rake. So I can make them compareabe, are you able to tell me the height to the top of the kadee/buckeye and how far the end of the buckeye is from the wagon body?

many thanks

darryl

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, daz9284 said:

@Accurascale Fran Hi there, I'm hoping you can help me. I have 15 of the wagons on pre-order and I'm currently making a S-Kits PHA to add to the rake. So I can make them compareabe, are you able to tell me the height to the top of the kadee/buckeye and how far the end of the buckeye is from the wagon body?

many thanks

darryl

Hi Darryl,

15.8mm from railhead to top of buckeye/kadee & 8.4mm from buffer beam to leading edge of buckeye. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

On 24/05/2020 at 12:42, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Darryl,

15.8mm from railhead to top of buckeye/kadee & 8.4mm from buffer beam to leading edge of buckeye. 

Cheers!

Fran

excellent, many thanks, really appreciated :-)

• Like 1

On 17/05/2020 at 20:39, slg said:

I know Kernow did some 37/9's with Bachmann but I hope that you might consider them in the future to go with British steel liveried wagons. The picture is from my collection not the video as sadly my dad had not yet got a camcorder when we were going to south wales.

margam 02.png

Of course if you do decided to do them PLEASE PLEASE give it a couple of years so I can save up for them!!!!!!

Even Rail Express have asked the question in this months model newsdesk section.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

this will be my first post on rmweb so please go easy on me. I’m looking at building a layout based on South Wales in 1990, would the grey and orange run in the same train as the blue and orange or would they have all been the same livery. I’m sorry if this has already been asked but when I had a quick look through I couldn’t see anything

thanks 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Jack97m said:

Hi all

this will be my first post on rmweb so please go easy on me. I’m looking at building a layout based on South Wales in 1990, would the grey and orange run in the same train as the blue and orange or would they have all been the same livery. I’m sorry if this has already been asked but when I had a quick look through I couldn’t see anything

thanks 

I dont recall it being asked before. I would say it is highly likely. I have seen photos but not 1990. It is a question of when the last of them were painted into the newer livery, if indeed they all were.

Edited by BR Blue
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

Great photos!

That last shot at Whatley is of a PXA. As mentioned on page 16, these are 'same same but different'!

PXA on the left, PTA on the right.

Guy

IMG_7060_cropped.jpg.5788d54c3152eeb2c90e08f511bb4ce1.jpg

Edited by lyneux
  • Like 10

I was aware that it was not the same type, but it is nice to see both types next to each other 

I just like the idea for a small repair area, but probably using an old Lima model would be a cheaper option and leave these wagons in a working train. Luckily have some Lima wagons from when they were around £5 each new!

9 hours ago, slg said:

I just like the idea for a small repair area, but probably using an old Lima model would be a cheaper option and leave these wagons in a working train. 

Agreed!

Your photo reminds me, I need to add the distinctive supports that were used to rest the PTAs on when bogies were being swapped to my 'todo' backlog for Whatley. There are some good photos of them from inside the wagon repair workshop in the Rolling Stone video.

Guy

P.S. The Lima wagons are accurate for the Immingham wagons  but they look quite different from the ones Accurascale are doing (the body profile, flush solebar, bogies and ribs make them look quite different). From Huw Millington's Flickr:

2043620099_ca6fd8db66_b.jpg

Edited by lyneux
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, lyneux said:

P.S. The Lima wagons are accurate for the Immingham wagons  but they look quite different from the ones Accurascale are doing (the body profile, flush solebar, bogies and ribs make them look quite different). From Huw Millington's Flickr:

As I recall, the Lima bogies are closer to 3.5mm rather than 4mm scale as well...