PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, black and decker boy said:

I regularly use Kadee with the leg cut off. They split when you lift one up.

PTAs run as fixed rakes so no need for shunting.

Correct. As they’re run in fixed rakes the leg is being left off as per prototype. They’re in NEM sockets though so can be replaced if you wish.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

The coupler pin would be too high to use anyway without much stronger than normal magnets.

Kadees are designed for HO. In the case of the PTAs in OO, the body mounting position of the couplers in the prototype location as Accurascale are planning is several mm higher.

Guy

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, lyneux said:

The coupler pin would be too high to use anyway without much stronger than normal magnets.

Kadees are designed for HO. In the case of the PTAs in OO, the body mounting position of the couplers in the prototype location as Accurascale are planning is several mm higher.

Guy

For the sake of clarity, each 'set' of 5 fixed wagons, has a regular NEM socket at each outer end.

20 hours ago, black and decker boy said:

I regularly use Kadee with the leg cut off. They split when you lift one up.

PTAs run as fixed rakes so no need for shunting.

Not the ARC/Yeoman ones. they were regulary shunted around and other wagons added / removed, such as PHAs.

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

correct.

At regular height. All inners are in NEM sockets too but are at a prototypical height. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

• RMweb Gold

Hi slg,

Indeed, slipped my mind to post these pics up on here last week!

So, for those of you who don't do Facebook, here are some progress shots of our wagons in production. Tampo and painting is under way before finally assembly. We're also getting the boxes for both the PTA and JSA packs sorted design wise. :)

image_(5).png.40d01feb81b86abff1bc06892130ada1.png

image_(4).png.22342d424c4198434af72aed1e079340.png

image_(2).png.2932aab76c7b70fcffe708d1cf724ddb.png

111021946_558867111448047_1290382736271040672_o.jpg.34d33036b663129f63c721fd2b2d505b.jpg

Still on course for delivery!

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 11

On 04/08/2020 at 10:46, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Some you tube film of 59,s with JNA wagons,give him a like as its not my content.....

I'm building a layout based on South Wales steel and thought I'd nailed all the locos I'd need until I saw this same vid the other day. Might have to get a Yeoman 59 now :D

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, JC said:

I'm building a layout based on South Wales steel and thought I'd nailed all the locos I'd need until I saw this same vid the other day. Might have to get a Yeoman 59 now :D

Would be rude not to.....................fill yer boots.Dapol have a one on the cards.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JC said:

I'm afraid you might have to order an ARC one too.....

3905.jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

6 hours ago, WILLIAM said:

I'm afraid you might have to order an ARC one too.....

3905.jpg

:o.......oh my bank balance. 

I'm sorted on the 37, 56 and 60 front though :rolleyes:

And as Eric said, as luck would have it along come Dapol. There's a Railroad Yeoman 59 though seemingly not an ARC.

• RMweb Gold

The first four Yeoman 59s would have been in service for around 4 and a half years when that video was taken. Hard to believe it was so along ago when they first arrived. I first saw them in 1987.

• Like 1