PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi John, 

Correct, demand wasn’t huge for VTG compared to other liveries so just the one pack for now.

Thanks,

Fran

so are these VTG ones around today or are they gone for the modern image modeller?

• Thanks 1

For some reason I thought I could only run the Mendip stone PTAs in same liveried rakes.  However, I have just watched some video taken at Kensington Olympia in October 1994 of mixed Yeoman/ARC rakes.

Time to for me to order some more methinks!

Edited by mevaman1
Spellcheck
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 04/09/2020 at 08:33, mevaman1 said:

For some reason I thought I could only run the Mendip stone PTAs in same liveried rakes.  However, I have just watched some video taken at Kensington Olympia in October 1994 of mixed Yeoman/ARC rakes.

Time to for me to order some more methinks!

there have been a few videos posted on this forum of the mixed rakes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 05/09/2020 at 13:03, daz9284 said:

there have been a few videos posted on this forum of the mixed rakes

Looking at the Mendip stone trains now anything with wheels on gets filled with stone,theres all sorts mixed in rakes,if you were heading to London and left your boot open it would be filled with stone........makes for interesting modelling.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, classy52 said:

So funny it actually looks like someone's model railway with real people :D

If I get the space this is actually high on my list of places to model and in the time period shown in the video. There was a great selection of trains at this time and now with PTAs, BBAs, PFAs etc. all becoming available to a high standard it is getting more tempting. Hopefully  in future Accurascale will do some appropriate 37s too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Great news! Our British Steel, VTG and Yeoman PTA/JTA/JUAs are now on the high seas and on their way to the UK! They will be in stock and ready for dispatch in 4 weeks time! We were going to do an unboxing video, but felt it's best left to unboxing experts instead. We think they'll like our packaging though!

928723422_20200916_101004(1).jpg.b1d1e7c816afd7e94a4c4407437571ce.jpg

No so good news; Unfortunately as we can see with this rather unfortunate image, there has been a slight problem with the ARC variant. We are moulding, then painting these wagons mustard to get the consistency of finish. Unfortunately, there was an issue with the yellow plastic so they will have to be manufactured again.

image_(9).png.6dec47b9acfd750c2e2350c840b786fd.png

These will now arrive with the JSAs in December. We apologise for this unforeseen delay, but banana shaped wagons are not acceptable!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Would you need AS 37's to triple head ........

Al.

For what we did with the wagons its advisable :laugh_mini2:

I'm sure the Accurascale guys will show everyone at some point.

Edited by Mr.S.corn78
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Here is some footage of the tipplers in action on Charwelton, running in their individual rakes to begin with.

On 06/10/2020 at 22:27, Mr.S.corn78 said:

For what we did with the wagons its advisable :laugh_mini2:

I'm sure the Accurascale guys will show everyone at some point.

Ah yes, the 'jumbo' train at the end. At least is shows the lovely free running of our tipplers, with one loco handling all 35 wagons with consummate ease! 

Less than two weeks till delivery and the orders are flying in, so if you fancy some don't hang about! Get your order in direct or via your local stockist!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2