PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Here is some footage of the tipplers in action on Charwelton, running in their individual rakes to begin with.

Ah yes, the 'jumbo' train at the end. At least is shows the lovely free running of our tipplers, with one loco handling all 35 wagons with consummate ease! 

Less than two weeks till delivery and the orders are flying in, so if you fancy some don't hang about! Get your order in direct or via your local stockist!

Cheers!

Fran 

They ran very freely.

Hope to recreate something similar when the 37s arrive and we can triple head them!!!! :yahoo_mini:

BUT I have this feeling that we may run out of track and stock before they start to show any sign of slowing down!!!

Many thanks for allowing us to have a play with the samples.

Edited by Mr.S.corn78
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, daz9284 said:

@Accurascale Fran will you be doing the wagons in the Yeoman Livery as per the picture in the inital press release? (The revised livery with the additional 'Y' logo)?

many thanks

Darryl

I am sure they will get around to it eventually  - possibly the next batch.  The 5 liveries they have done span the wagons life pretty well, plus there is the steel coil wagons to follow too.   So for a new model its pretty diverse -  most manufacturers only do three liveries in a first batch!

Best Wishes,

C.

10 hours ago, dogbox321 said:

I am sure they will get around to it eventually  - possibly the next batch.  The 5 liveries they have done span the wagons life pretty well, plus there is the steel coil wagons to follow too.   So for a new model its pretty diverse -  most manufacturers only do three liveries in a first batch!

Best Wishes,

C.

that's what I was thinking. Couldn't think off the top of head what other liveries they had, so it would be strange to just do one livery.

Will have to get in touch with them to amned my order.

The majority of them were undergoing repainting into the later livery (which Accurascale haven’t done yet) during 1989 which was the time that the JHAs came in. You might find photos of one or two very dirty ones hanging on in the old livery but by 1990 they had mostly been repainted.

Guy

Edited by lyneux

2 hours ago, lyneux said:

The majority of them were undergoing repainting into the later livery (which Accurascale haven’t done yet) during 1989 which was the time that the JHAs came in. You might find photos of one or two very dirty ones hanging on in the old livery but by 1990 they had mostly been repainted.

Guy

Thanks, I did think that the PTA livery might be earlier, but decided not to wait and see if Accurascale do a later livery run,  but I'm not concerned as I operate a general period of 1994 to 2003 approx. Not worried about complete authenticity.

• RMweb Gold
On 17/10/2020 at 19:03, daz9284 said:

@Accurascale Fran will you be doing the wagons in the Yeoman Livery as per the picture in the inital press release? (The revised livery with the additional 'Y' logo)?

many thanks

Darryl

Hi Darryl,

Of course. We will certainly do both the later and earlier liveries in a future run. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Darryl,

Of course. We will certainly do both the later and earlier liveries in a future run. 

Cheers!

Fran

Many thanks Fran, I will be in touch to amend my order as I'm only after the later style

many thanks

Darryl

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Black Hat said:

Can I check if theres plans to do the JNA Blackadder wagons shortly after this first run. As think they were listed as covered by this at start? The wagons look great for detail....

Hi there,

No, we never announced blackadder wagons? Sorry!

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran,

I'm contemplating another order with you in addition to the ARC wagons. Looking at the pics on your website, the Yeoman liveried wagons are displaying quite a bit of colour bleed on the logos. Can you confirm if this has been sorted on the production wagons?

Thanks,

Guy

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 14.23.35.png

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guy,

That image is from a pre-production model and the factory had been instructed to remedy the situation. It's a very challenging surface to print on mind you with the ribs as they are with a solid colour and the extreme close up is very unflattering, but they assured us the production models are better.

Many thanks for your interest and input as always.

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/10/2020 at 14:26, lyneux said:

Hi Fran,

I'm contemplating another order with you in addition to the ARC wagons. Looking at the pics on your website, the Yeoman liveried wagons are displaying quite a bit of colour bleed on the logos. Can you confirm if this has been sorted on the production wagons?

Thanks,

Guy

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 14.23.35.png

Cover them in a layer of stone dust Guy!! ;);)

Has there been any updates as to when these wagons are due for delivery?

Has the issue with the ARC liveried wagon bodies been solved regarding the plastic warping? Presumably these wagons will be dispatched later than the other liveries?

cheers.

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Clagsniffer said:

Has there been any updates as to when these wagons are due for delivery?

Has the issue with the ARC liveried wagon bodies been solved regarding the plastic warping? Presumably these wagons will be dispatched later than the other liveries?

cheers.

Hi Clagsniffer,

The PTAs are currently awaiting customs clearance in the port. There is a week long tail back for ships at the moment which caused delay.

As previously stated the ARC tipplers will arrive with the JSAs in December and are pretty much complete.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Clagsniffer,

The PTAs are currently awaiting customs clearance in the port. There is a week long tail back for ships at the moment which caused delay.

As previously stated the ARC tipplers will arrive with the JSAs in December and are pretty much complete.

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks for the update Fran. Apologies, I must have missed the bit about the ARC wagons arriving with the JSAs.

Really looking to these!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, Clagsniffer said:

Thanks for the update Fran. Apologies, I must have missed the bit about the ARC wagons arriving with the JSAs.

Really looking to these!

No worries! Can't wait for them myself, have been on my hit list since we started Accurascale! 

12 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

It always amazed me how these were never done before. Considering anyone who wanted one, wanted a lot more than one :)

We only had the old Lima version. 

DEMU tried to introduce a kit a few years ago (it was the sole reason I joined the society) but, unfortunately, it was never released.

John

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, johndon said:

DEMU tried to introduce a kit a few years ago (it was the sole reason I joined the society) but, unfortunately, it was never released.

John

Yes, I am a member of DEMU. I remember that well.

• Like 1