PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

At the risk of going off-topic here...

This was essentially my project. The kit was released, but it was released as a collaborative project to try and spread the effort... I supplied the patterns/moulds but people had to help make the kits if they wanted one. For each kit they made they had to also make a kit's worth of parts to sell on behalf of the society.

We made around 150 of them in the end. with around 50 of them getting sold. Sadly, other than the ones I made, I'm only aware of two other people who actually made up the kits into finished models. That's quite discouraging when you are outlaying a lot of your unpaid time and effort in helping others by producing e.g. the resin moulds and running the kit production days.

Eventually the moulds wore out and for the reason cited above I was not inclined to put the effort in to make new ones. This all coincided with people starting to go direct to china to get stuff made. So at that point I started to pursue ready to run options made in China. At about the point I was getting ready to announce one RTR, Accurascale announced one.

We now have a fabby RTR option thanks to Accurascale.

Enough said?

Guy

Edited by lyneux
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just to bring you all up to speed! After the storms last week and over the weekend the container has finally been taken off the ship and is now in a considerable customs backlog! We have been assured by our shipping agent that they will be in our warehouse by the middle of next week. Apologies for this slight delay, but unfortunately there is very little we can do about this one.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
On 28/10/2020 at 17:25, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Clagsniffer,

I cant help myself but ask, when you took this job at Accurascale, did you ever think you would start a conversation with those words... ?

:D

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 5

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Just to bring you all up to speed! After the storms last week and over the weekend the container has finally been taken off the ship and is now in a considerable customs backlog! We have been assured by our shipping agent that they will be in our warehouse by the middle of next week. Apologies for this slight delay, but unfortunately there is very little we can do about this one.

Cheers!

Fran

Doesn’t bode well for the swift arrival of the Deltics as by then the customs backlog with be unrecognisable in size due to EU goods being caught up in customs too.....

Edited by aureol40012
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I cant help myself but ask, when you took this job at Accurascale, did you ever think you would start a conversation with those words... ?

:D

If you knew my previous employment history you'd see that this is one of the more "normal" occurrences in work! :lol:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Doesn’t bode well for the swift arrival of the Deltics as by then the customs backlog with be unrecognisable in size due to EU goods being caught up in customs too.....

You could say that about any new model from any manufacturer (or any product for that matter) going forward, but let's hope the new protocols are smooth and efficient!  

• Agree 5
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

You could say that about any new model from any manufacturer (or any product for that matter) going forward, but let's hope the new protocols are smooth and efficient!  

I think its the first time that sea freight has been used for a first shipment, but I would imagine air freight in the current climate is very expensive and quite a scarce commodity with the airline situation. 

At least Accurascale have been open and honest, about the delay - plus I suspect as disappointed as anyone else with the delay!    At least they don't need to use road as a bridge to Ireland and then back to England, Scotland and Wales!

Best Regards,

C.

7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Absolutely, I didn’t think for a moment my post would be read otherwise, but I apologise if it was.  I thought it was pretty clear my post was about Brexit rather than Accurascale.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Absolutely, I didn’t think for a moment my post would be read otherwise, but I apologise if it was.  I thought it was pretty clear my post was about Brexit rather than Accurascale.

No problem at all, apologies for reading it the wrong way! 

Cheers!

Fran

Hi

I keep getting reminded from a friend that the Hunterston to Ravenscraig rakes were twenty one wagons in total. I can only order twenty. Will there be anyway of ordering another one, or is it a case of watching out on a certain auction site?

Thanks

Stephen 

2 hours ago, ayrmrg said:

Hi

I keep getting reminded from a friend that the Hunterston to Ravenscraig rakes were twenty one wagons in total. I can only order twenty. Will there be anyway of ordering another one, or is it a case of watching out on a certain auction site?

Thanks

Stephen 

Hi Stephen,

See video - You might get away with 1 less.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

b83ea777-b4ec-4232-a3c0-99b2a1f3118e.jpg.e5fdfdc4158b606820c622cdb2e065ea.jpg

Hi everyone,

Our PTA/JTA/JUA wagons have FINALLY escaped customs and are en route to our warehouse!

Due to arrive later this afternoon, they will be counted into stock over the weekend and then dispatch will commence early next week. We apologise for this slight delay at the last leg of the journey, but this was beyond our control.

So, so close now! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 2

6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

b83ea777-b4ec-4232-a3c0-99b2a1f3118e.jpg.e5fdfdc4158b606820c622cdb2e065ea.jpg

Hi everyone,

Our PTA/JTA/JUA wagons have FINALLY escaped customs and are en route to our warehouse!

Due to arrive later this afternoon, they will be counted into stock over the weekend and then dispatch will commence early next week. We apologise for this slight delay at the last leg of the journey, but this was beyond our control.

So, so close now! 

Cheers!

Fran

You mean the guys in customs have had to stop playing with them and give them back!

Regards,

C.

• Funny 3

7 minutes ago, lyneux said:

Not sure about the 50. Haven't the guys on Charwelton got a grid? :mocking_mini:

Seriously though, looking forward to giving them a run on Whatley with appropriate traction!

Guy

Anything is possible on the current railway and 50044 has been on the mainline!  When Derby got its track renewal - on one occasion there were 5 Class 50's in the station at one time.  It was like Exeter in the good old days!

I suppose 50149 would have been more appropriate.  

Maybe its a subtle hint for the future................Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! 

Best Regards,

C.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, dogbox321 said:

Anything is possible on the current railway and 50044 has been on the mainline!  When Derby got its track renewal - on one occasion there were 5 Class 50's in the station at one time.  It was like Exeter in the good old days!

I suppose 50149 would have been more appropriate.  

Maybe its a subtle hint for the future................Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! 

Best Regards,

C.

Yes I would love an alternative to the Hornby 50 too 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Hi Fran

Are there any bundle deals on these wagon sets?

Yes, still running, add any two or more packs and you will automatically get 10% off at the checkout!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McC said:

Yes, still running, add any two or more packs and you will automatically get 10% off at the checkout!

Hi,

I ordered two sets when these were announced but didn’t get a 10% discount, is this a new discount?  If I buy a third set now will I get the 10%?

jake

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Hi,

I ordered two sets when these were announced but didn’t get a 10% discount, is this a new discount?  If I buy a third set now will I get the 10%?

jake

drop us a line with your order ID Jake and we’ll sort you out!