PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

13 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Im undecided as to which livery to go for. British steel blue/orange or the orange/grey livery.

Any advice. 

Im not particularly bothered about a specific period but i do quite like the orange/grey sets

There's only one thing to do faced with such a quandary - buy  both of 'em!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Im undecided as to which livery to go for. British steel blue/orange or the orange/grey livery.

Any advice. 

Im not particularly bothered about a specific period but i do quite like the orange/grey sets

Do you model a particular region?

Orange and Grey were mostly seen in traffic on flows to Ravenscraig (Glasgow) from Hunterston (longer rakes of wagons) or Hardendale / Thrislington as shorter rakes of around 10 wagons (see photo links below). Still often double headed though because of the gradients and loads involved.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/75784477@N08/14138230475/in/photolist-RDSasy-QtNBBF-nxm8mp-26uK8Cs-QWYvxw-2iMYuKe-FckGVt-RZTTuQ-e8FZ3E-XMQwSE-Psdrgr-pj7wCB-dvUBuw-gqDhwn-LwpDtv-LzUFj9-KNmT47-2iKdgTZ

https://www.flickr.com/photos/irishswissernie/31819765217/in/photolist-2iKdgTZ-RDSasy-QtNBBF-nxm8mp-26uK8Cs-QWYvxw-2iMYuKe-FckGVt-RZTTuQ-e8FZ3E-XMQwSE-Psdrgr-pj7wCB-dvUBuw-gqDhwn-LwpDtv-LzUFj9-KNmT47

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimnisbet/28589335214/in/photolist-2gVT5yn-2aMkQ8d-yE9B2X-zjwqQ8-R6uExr-2jzSRyR-KJKyit-e94Wzp-5XAuoU-KgFEFw-KykPjE

Blue and Orange were South Wales based.

Cheers,

Rich.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Any advice. 

Solid advice from Rich above (and @Edna Clouds too but we dont want to be seen as greedy!) There is also Rule 1 to apply, and of course our handy formations guide which may help your decision!

PTA-JTA-JUA_Formations_08c500b4-4208-45f

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Any advice. 

Can I just give a massive vote of thanks to the Accurascale team as I realised last night that I’d ordered the wrong BS livery for my era and by this morning they had smoothly sorted it out so that I had ordered the correct orange grey sets, as well as applying the discount I’d missed first time round as I ordered my 3 sets individually. Top guys!  Just my 3 Deltics and 2 37s to wait for now ;-)

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, McC said:

it was!

Wish you told me earlier, I only live 15 miles from Felixstowe just off the A14 near the A12/A14 interchange. My PTAs could have been dropped off at my door!!, instead they went right past me and out of Suffolk, to Cambridgeshire, only to come back in a few days. Such a waste (sigh).

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Fran et al, was it Felixstowe the stock came through? If so it looks like you were relatively lucky, chaos abounds apparently....

Felixstowe Port in 'chaos' as Christmas and Brexit loom https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54908129

Thanks for the link. It's worrying that 2 months ago, the port owner, Hutchison Ports Europe, appointed a new advisor, the one and only ex UK govt Transport Secretary, Chris 'Failing' Grayling. Maybe it was so he could find out what a port and shipping company looked like which actually has ships. Could explain a lot.

• Agree 3

Hi Fran.

Just to let you guys know that following on from the excellent advice on here ive just ordered an inner and outer pack of the British Steel Orange and blue livery. 

Im looking to order another two class 37's in DRS livery and a JUA when it arrives. 

Many thanks 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, rembrow said:

Thanks for the link. It's worrying that 2 months ago, the port owner, Hutchison Ports Europe, appointed a new advisor, the one and only ex UK govt Transport Secretary, Chris 'Failing' Grayling. Maybe it was so he could find out what a port and shipping company looked like which actually has ships. Could explain a lot.

A bit like Michael Gove and qualifications to become Education Minister is that he had once been to School!

• Funny 2

5 hours ago, Edna Clouds said:

There's only one thing to do faced with such a quandary - buy  both of 'em!

Thats what I've done with the orange/grey and British Steel

I've also ordered the Arc and Yeoman packs

Not sure how I'm going to explain to the wife why they are a must.

Baz

• Funny 1

17 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Fran et al, was it Felixstowe the stock came through? If so it looks like you were relatively lucky, chaos abounds apparently....

Felixstowe Port in 'chaos' as Christmas and Brexit loom https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54908129

Chris Grayling  - Says it all really.  At least they are practicing damage limitation - alleged to be paying giving him circa £100,000 per week for around 7 hours (work?)!!!!  

He only needs to walk in a room for everything to go tits up!

Best Regards,

C.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Looking forward to receiving my ARC rake whenever they arrive, no rush I've got nowhere to put them !

I'm sure you're already looking to future livery variations, I know the later Yeoman livery has already been mentioned. I'd like to see these as well, I assume they are ex iron ore ones used for stone. Makes a nice train being only load 10 as well, that would be another 2 packs ordered from me if announced ! ;-)

60042 at Millbrook

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Our warehouse is currently working through pre-orders and shipping them out. Due to a huge volume of pre-orders (These have been VERY popular on pre-orders) and social distancing guidelines it's taking a bit longer than usual but we will have them out to you all ASAP. 

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Clagsniffer said:

Thanks for the update Fran, I’m sure a few more days won’t do any harm.

Do we receive tracking numbers when they’re sent out?

Yes, the moment they are dispatched you will get an email / SMS (or both) with full tracking details.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I have several different orders for PTAs placed since they were first announced. I just got a notification that my oldest order is on its way :)

Edited by BR Blue
Spelling as usual
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

I have several different orders for PTAs placed since they were first announced. I just got a notification that my oldest order is on its way :)

Last week I had to cancel my original order placed over a year ago and reorder as I changed livery, guess I’ll now have gone from the front to the back of the queue......sob!

Could be worse. Ive only just ordered an inner and outer pack of the tipplers and the KUA's................ill be after you :lol:

Im sure we will all be very happy indeed.

Waiting with baited breath for the KUA's   

Edited by Krieghoff

12 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

So assuming its in invoice number order - what region of numbers are they upto?  i.e 111xx, 116xx etc.  (obviously some will be for other products!)  But at least then people should have an idea of how near or far away they are away!

Shame you couldn't have had them added to the first order - you would have had them all on route by now!

Sure they will be worth the wait to those at the back of the queue!

Best Regards,

C.