PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

Lots of Bachy 37's so far.........

To readdress the balance slightly....Here is a Class 60 ready to pull away with my loaded iron ore beauties........

image.png.1f0da6bd6384f62a5ae040770647288e.png

Loco ran round and coupled to the other end......

image.png.9f5da6ea2a218ad18e404d6780a0bdc9.png

Sure it will look even better when the rest of the rake to arrive...........

Remain safe everyone,

Best Wishes,

Chris.

• Funny 2

Postman arrived at 7 this morning and I have one word for the guys at Accurascale...

SUPERB

Conversion to P4 looks like it will be straightforward with just a small amount to be taken off the bosses on the inside of the bogies to allow for wider wheels.

IMG_2385.jpeg.468b5022bce91bcc81591073ddbdb33b.jpeg

Edited by johndon
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

my package has just arrived at my local post office and ive just been informed that due to Covid 19 and one of the staff testing positive that they have closed the post office and staff are isolating. Dont know when my wagons will arrive now as all deliveries have apparently stopped. 

Sad is an understatement. Hopefully RM will be drafting staff in to keep deliveries going but im not hopeful:huh: 

UPDATE,

A very kind Royal Mail man plus a van pulled up about an hour ago. Now the proud owner of my inner and outer packs of British Steel blue and Orange tipplers. The chap had said that 48 hour tracked parcels were priority. :D

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Update.

Just to say that these wagons are nothing short of Superb. The detail is amazing and everything about them is absolutely spot on. 

Could i just ask Fran if you could please clarify one point for me.

The Outer pack comes with a Battery and an accessory pack (coupler and brake hoses etc) However, the Inner pack doesn't have an accessory pack with it. Is this correct please as Im not sure but just wanted to get clarification on this one please if someone could let me know.  

Many thanks

One Highly delighted customer

8 minutes ago, McC said:

Correct yes. The accessories let you replace the NEM coupler and ‘finish’ the outer end wagon details if you don’t need to couple it. 

Many thanks for the clarification. Just another reason why im sticking with Accurascale for all my Locos and rolling stock from now on. 

Many thanks McC 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, tractor_37260 said:

A very wet Postie delivered my PTA's at lunch time.  Look forward to opening the box later.. question now is should I really have purchased more..?? as It's very likely these will sell out quickly !

If it helps with the decision making, we have just 9 packs of 'PTA/JUA Bogie Tippler Pack - British Steel Blue (Inner)' remaining, and PTA/JUA Bogie Tippler Pack - British Steel Grey & Orange (Inner) is down to just 40 packs!

• Like 2

My wallet has just taken another battering. Just ordered an Inner and Outer pack of the British Steel orange and grey sets to compliment the Blue and Orange sets received today. These are stunning wagons and anyone contemplating them or hanging on the fence needs to get them bought. Lifes too short and when the tipplers are gone !!!! 

Thats it for me now until the KUA's and class 37's

Thanks to all at Accurascale for bringing us excellent RTR models that personally ive been waiting for, for years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, tractor_37260 said:

A very wet Postie delivered my PTA's at lunch time.  Look forward to opening the box later.. question now is should I really have purchased more..?? as It's very likely these will sell out quickly !

Ive gone for it and ordered the BS grey and orange sets to compliment the BS orange and blue sets. Do it man !!...........you know it makes sence :lol:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have will have a full Llanwern to Port Talbot rake when all my deliveries arrive. It will be a mix of older and newer liveries. Now the small matter of building a layout big enough to accommodate it so that it is not chasing its trail around the room :) That may take some time.

I should add that it has always been an ambition of mine to model this train and I am very grateful to Accurascale for making it possible. A decent PTA was always on my wishlist and not just for BSC but for the Mendip stone trains too. I remember making the case to Hornby years ago for the PTA as they had the ex Lima version in their range. The speed these have sold at just shows that Accurascale have another winner on their hands.

Edited by BR Blue
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

These wagons are really very very good - absolutely look the part and ran perfectly.  The close couplings between the inners work very nicely and without fault on my layout.  I will be starting with the weathering and internal paint job tomorrow - hope I do them justice.  I had to give the lower brass tab a slight bend upwards to make contact with the battery - just mentioning in case that catches anybody out.  I will be looking forward to further batches in other livery variations such as earlier and later Yeoman and the procor ARC.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 1

6 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

Tracking showing mine have reached Warrington Parcels Sorting Centre.  Should be here Monday or Tuesday.  Eager anticipation!

Where are people getting this information from, I’ve got nothing telling me anything?

Edited by aureol40012

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Where are people getting this information from, I’ve got nothing telling me anything?

Hi @aureol40012

when your parcel has been dispatched you will receive tracking information via email. It can sometimes end up in spam folders though. 

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, bartram108 said:

I'm curious to know why there's a plain grey wagon at the front?

Take a look at the train formation guide in the first post in this thread and all will be clear. ‘Tis just the way they were. 

Anyhow, ordered myself a grey/orange BSC set last night...

Roy

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bartram108 said:

I'm curious to know why there's a plain grey wagon at the front?

The orange end denotes the end with the rotary coupling and the plain grey does not have/require one. This allows the wagons to be kept coupled as it is emptied in the tippler house. Hence the one all grey with the orange coupled to a grey! 

The rotary coupler was not required on the aggregate wagons and was deactivated hence no orange ends.

• Informative/Useful 1

You, you Accurascale people, why are you teasing me with my PTAs, getting close to me, then taking them away, like I've been a naughty child. Already they got to 2 miles from me when they went from Felixstowe to your warehouse, now they've gone on a tour having been sent to Royal Mails north west England distribution centre, then overnight, while I slept, they got within 300 metres of me, as a Royal Mail distribution lorry took them past me on the A12 to Chelmsford, 45 miles south. Will my heartache never end. So what's the plan for tomorrow, take them past my door again and leave them in Norwich!!!

• Funny 4

3 minutes ago, rembrow said:

You, you Accurascale people, why are you teasing me with my PTAs, getting close to me, then taking them away, like I've been a naughty child. Already they got to 2 miles from me when they went from Felixstowe to your warehouse, now they've gone on a tour having been sent to Royal Mails north west England distribution centre, then overnight, while I slept, they got within 300 metres of me, as a Royal Mail distribution lorry took them past me on the A12 to Chelmsford, 45 miles south. Will my heartache never end. So what's the plan for tomorrow, take them past my door again and leave them in Norwich!!!

Not the only one who is suffering because of Royal Mail, mine have gone to Leyburn rather than Northallerton but likewise passé my house on the A1 to go to Low Fell to come crack south!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Nope, checked all that. Its showing as “unfulfilled” on my account?

Hi @aureol40012,

If it’s showing as unfulfilled then it is yet to be dispatched. Once it is sent out you will get the tracking information. As stated on Friday we are just under 50% through the large pile of preorders we received and are going as fast as we can. I’m giving daily updates to try keep everyone in the loop.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Mine arrived Friday and look superb.  Just have to rewheel to P4, so will be ordering a pile of wheelsets later.

A friend has also ordered 2 packs to give us a two rakes to run on the layout, so we will have to look at renumbering.  Railtec transfers ordered already.  Any thoughts on the best way to remove the existing TOPS markings?

regards, Chris

• Like 1