PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @aureol40012,

If it’s showing as unfulfilled then it is yet to be dispatched. Once it is sent out you will get the tracking information. As stated on Friday we are just under 50% through the large pile of preorders we received and are going as fast as we can. I’m giving daily updates to try keep everyone in the loop.

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks Fran, as a September ‘19 order I was told mine was going out Friday by DPD, that’s the only reason I ask. Guess it’s part of the problem with social media that everyone knows when people who ordered at the same time are getting theirs!

• Friendly/supportive 1

12 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Nope, checked all that. Its showing as “unfulfilled” on my account?

Hi - sounds like they have not got around to your order yet.

To my knowledge - all your account will do is change statue - i.e. To fulfilled, when packed and ready to go.  Beyond that its then in the hands of the courier, and you will then get updates from them as you would for any other parcel.

Best Wishes,

Chris.

P.S  I would not worry - as Fran said Friday - just under half way through pre-orders!  If people are getting a little twitchy - then the only other idea - apart from A/S being bombarded with "Where is PTA's emails?" - would be on a frequent basis (i.e every couple of days - post on here what invoice numbers upto - for example 123xx), so people have an approximation for how near or far they are away!  But of course invoice numbers will include all product orders - there will be lots of Class 37, Class 92, KUA orders etc.. So they won't all be PTA's, but things will be a little slower due to Covid.  

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ken

There is an instruction sheet in each pack, here is a link including a video. you’ll fine a micro switch near the buffer beam under the end wagon. 

https://accurascale.co.uk/pages/support#reamaze#0#/kb/model-specific-questions/how-do-i-fit-the-battery-or-switch-on-the-lights-on-the-pta-slash-jua-slash-jsa-pack

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 minutes ago, McC said:

Hi Ken

There is an instruction sheet in each pack, here is a link including a video. you’ll fine a micro switch near the buffer beam under the end wagon. 

https://accurascale.co.uk/pages/support#reamaze#0#/kb/model-specific-questions/how-do-i-fit-the-battery-or-switch-on-the-lights-on-the-pta-slash-jua-slash-jsa-pack mmm

Many thanks for your very quick response. Didn't notice an instruction sheet in the box only a parts list. Regardless appears very easy to do, once you know how....

No need to keep removing/replacing the battery as per the video, with a switch being fitted.

1 hour ago, dogbox321 said:

Hi - sounds like they have not got around to your order yet.

To my knowledge - all your account will do is change statue - i.e. To fulfilled, when packed and ready to go.  Beyond that its then in the hands of the courier, and you will then get updates from them as you would for any other parcel.

Best Wishes,

Chris.

P.S  I would not worry - as Fran said Friday - just under half way through pre-orders!  If people are getting a little twitchy - then the only other idea - apart from A/S being bombarded with "Where is PTA's emails?" - would be on a frequent basis (i.e every couple of days - post on here what invoice numbers upto - for example 123xx), so people have an approximation for how near or far they are away!  But of course invoice numbers will include all product orders - there will be lots of Class 37, Class 92, KUA orders etc.. So they won't all be PTA's, but things will be a little slower due to Covid.  

My grey and orange PTAs have arrived from order 10450 but still no sign of any movement on my order 9383 for blue and orange PTAs. So as said earlier order number order does not mean despatch order.

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, 89A said:

My grey and orange PTAs have arrived from order 10450 but still no sign of any movement on my order 9383 for blue and orange PTAs. So as said earlier order number order does not mean despatch order.

We have several batching / packing lines, so dispatch is not in a strict order. We will be 100% clear of all orders in hand by Tuesday coming, so no need to fret :)

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The most important thing is that we are all going to get our orders in before Christmas. Personally i cant think of a situation EVER where we have had as much information, co-operation and the ability to chat and interact directly with the key players within a company such as Accurascale. 

I can understand that people who have ordered early may be slightly disapointed that their models arent here yet but its only a matter of days ladies/gents and not weeks now. The big wait is over ;)

I am certainly not as up to speed as most on this site but am in the process of converting a 30'x40' Garage with loft trussed space into a model layout. I cannot think of a better set of finescale models to be the first to be run on it when the track is laid. 

Next set for me are the KUA's and 37's.

Who knows, we may even see the KUA's before Christmas as well but im not worried as i know that the team will be striving to get these to us just as quick as they can.

Keep up the good work folks. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 6

10 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

The orange end denotes the end with the rotary coupling and the plain grey does not have/require one. This allows the wagons to be kept coupled as it is emptied in the tippler house. Hence the one all grey with the orange coupled to a grey! 

The rotary coupler was not required on the aggregate wagons and was deactivated hence no orange ends.

Assuming the rotary coupling is to allow the wagon to be rotated to be emptied, then the plain wagon is always empty?

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Railfreight1998 said:

I think the loco is uncoupled prior to the unloading.

Yes, the loco is uncoupled and the rake goes through the rotary 'tipper' which rotated each wagon in place, emptying the load, one wagon at a time. 

38 minutes ago, McC said:

Yes, the loco is uncoupled and the rake goes through the rotary 'tipper' which rotated each wagon in place, emptying the load, one wagon at a time. 

I think there is a clip of it in the Railfreight Today Series (quite old now!) - Scotland?  There maybe something on youtube too?

Best Wishes,

C.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, bartram108 said:

So if the wagons are 'tippled' separately then why do they have rotary couplings?

That is a foreign version you are seeing. The Ravenscraig version were pulled through in a rake and each individual wagon was rotated whilst still coupled to rest of the rake. It was a time saving exercise I think, that worked very well.

Stephen

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, ayrmrg said:

That is a foreign version you are seeing. The Ravenscraig version were pulled through in a rake and each individual wagon was rotated whilst still coupled to rest of the rake. It was a time saving exercise I think, that worked very well.

Stephen

Ironically, on the Consett Iron Ore trains, the PTAs took far longer to unload than the wagons they replaced, an entire train of which could be unloaded in seconds due to the side doors and the gantry they unloaded over.

• Informative/Useful 1

If you want to see the UK ones in operation with the mules and the rotary couplings then Railfreight Today Scotland (Volume 3) is what you want to watch.

https://www.telerail.co.uk/railway-dvds-telerail-titles/rail-freight-today-boxed-sets/rail-freight-today-box-set-1-volumes-1-5

Modern Railways April 1974 also has an article with photos and a drawing of the tippler. I have scans but obviously not going to share online!

If you are seriously interested in information regarding the rotary tippler then send me a PM as I have been amassing information on this over the past 7-8 years with a view to making a working model.

Guy

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

Just received my 2 sets of Yeoman PTAs, inner and outer. Beautiful models, with the level of detail we've come to expect from Accurascale. We must give them praise for another excellent model, but more importantly, their ability to produce multiple livery versions and packs of multiple models, with different running numbers, all released at the same time.

I had one small problem, one of the inner wagons in my 'outer' pack, wouldn't couple. I narrowed it down to one wagon and found one of the buckeye couplers was the wrong way round. Easy fix, but if you have the same problem, worth checking this first.

• Thanks 2