PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

• RMweb Gold
On 22/11/2020 at 08:51, rembrow said:

You, you Accurascale people, why are you teasing me with my PTAs, getting close to me, then taking them away, like I've been a naughty child. Already they got to 2 miles from me when they went from Felixstowe to your warehouse, now they've gone on a tour having been sent to Royal Mails north west England distribution centre, then overnight, while I slept, they got within 300 metres of me, as a Royal Mail distribution lorry took them past me on the A12 to Chelmsford, 45 miles south. Will my heartache never end. So what's the plan for tomorrow, take them past my door again and leave them in Norwich!!!

Oh thats nothing.

I ordered some PKP coaches, from a shop in Poland, they sent me tracking number, after 2 weeks they had not arrived.

i checked the tracking.., it went to Krakow, Warsaw, LHR, LGW, BVI, Road Town (Tortola), BVI, LGW, LHR and then entered the Royal Mail System.

Took 4 weeks.

on the address label, in Polish they put:

Brytyjskie Wyspy 

Which translated was British Islands, which someone in Gatwick or Heathrow translated as British Virgin Islands.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, owentherail said:

All looking good, not sure when I'll get mine as PO sorting office have them and opening hours are for 2 hours in mornings only.... and I work in the mornings miles from office, cant let the misses go for them now can I  ;-) 

It is times like this I realise just how lucky I am with a wife that doesn't moan. Tomorrow my two new Kernow Warships turn up and this week hopefully my inner and outer BSC tipplers.

I always tell her she can sell it all when I am gone ;)

Roy

1 hour ago, black and decker boy said:

The first of my orders turned up today - the Yeoman version.:sungum:

very impressed with the wagons, (a long held dream) and especially the printing over the ribs.

3B6D70CA-71F6-420C-B781-EDFE9E92AD07.jpeg.a16ee54556a415db54bc41770cda7b0c.jpeg

Thanks for posting Graham... that looks very neat indeed. Well done Accurascale, certainly an improvement on the samples!

My tracking number finally arrived so I'm looking forward to getting mine this week and giving them a turn on Whatley.

Guy

11 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

Interesting, in particular:

D6/20 - In an emergency, when a match or spare outer wagon is not available, a Buck-eye fitted locomotive may be used.

So in 1991, I guess that would be stuff fitted for push/pull: 33/1s and 73s plus 86/87/90/91? Anything else?

Also, I thought that the British passenger buckeye and the freight version were not compatible? See Jo's comment here:

Edited by lyneux

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, lyneux said:

D6/20 - In an emergency, when a match or spare outer wagon is not available, a Buck-eye fitted locomotive may be used.

So in 1991, I guess that would be stuff fitted for push/pull: 33/1s and 73s plus 86/87/90/91? Anything else?

Some 08s had them also - so I guess that fits with emergency use to pull a failed train out the way?

Roy

• RMweb Premium
On 22/11/2020 at 13:35, McC said:

Thanks for the heads up.   I tried to reach the microswitch through the slot but even the smallest Marklin screwdriver can't reach in far enough to operate the switch.  I then tried a narrow probe but all that did was push upwards the little black box next to the battery.  I can't get the tail light to work at all.

My wife, who has over 20 years model railway experience with Markin products also tried it, and was unsuccessful, she says this is Chinese crap.

I hope you can prove her wrong as Accurascale has never disappointed me previously.

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Difficult to illustrate as my pocket camera lacks a macro setting, but there is no switch flush with the surface of the slot on the underside of the wagon.

Otherwise I am very pleased with the wagons.   They run well and the knuckle couplings even accept being propelled through Peco Setrack curved point (second radius 17.25 inch).

Much more detail than the Lima set which I sold over thirty years ago when I moved here.

IMG_5299.JPG

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cessna152towser said:

Difficult to illustrate as my pocket camera lacks a macro setting, but there is no switch flush with the surface of the slot on the underside of the wagon.

Otherwise I am very pleased with the wagons.   They run well and the knuckle couplings even accept being propelled through Peco Setrack curved point (second radius 17.25 inch).

Much more detail than the Lima set which I sold over thirty years ago when I moved here.

IMG_5299.JPG

Perhaps contact our repair team via email and we can take a closer look for you. 

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cessna152towser said:

Thanks for the heads up.   I tried to reach the microswitch through the slot but even the smallest Marklin screwdriver can't reach in far enough to operate the switch.  I then tried a narrow probe but all that did was push upwards the little black box next to the battery.  I can't get the tail light to work at all.

My wife, who has over 20 years model railway experience with Markin products also tried it, and was unsuccessful, she says this is Chinese crap.

I hope you can prove her wrong as Accurascale has never disappointed me previously.

A small flat headed jeweller's type screwdriver does the job perfectly, no need to push down, just a small flick sideways movement is all that's required to switch on/off....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lyneux said:

Also, I thought that the British passenger buckeye and the freight version were not compatible? See Jo's comment here:

4 and a half years later, a bit of a follow on to that thread.

BR size buckeyes and the full size AAR ones will couple together, so an 08 with a drop head HST buckeye can be used to shunt wagons with a full size buckeye. However, it's not approved for main line usage, I've only seen it in private yards.

Jo

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, dogbox321 said:

If it keeps you quite, she probably thinks its money well spent!  ;)  LOL!

Probably prefers me playing with the models as she still hasn't recovered from the shock of a call saying I was in an ambulance on the way to hospital after dislocating my elbow uncoupling the S15 at the Mid-Hants!

Roy

• Friendly/supportive 2

5 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

IMG_5299.JPG

Looks a bit mangled there now, you sure you didn’t push the switch down and in to the wagon?

I have used a precision pair of tweezers and a magnifying glass to operate the switch with no apparent problems. The switch block appears to be glued in place on the wagon base so you have to move the switch by coming in from as low an angle as possible to operate it. It does seem quite a firm 'toggle' but the lamp flashes away no problem.:good:

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

I have used a precision pair of tweezers and a magnifying glass to operate the switch with no apparent problems. The switch block appears to be glued in place on the wagon base so you have to move the switch by coming in from as low an angle as possible to operate it. It does seem quite a firm 'toggle' but the lamp flashes away no problem.:good:

Yippee!  Result!   In the natural daylight of this morning I was able to move the switch with a small Marklin screwdriver.      Tail light works!    With or without the tail light these are super wagons.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

I added a flat wagon as a spacer between the tail lighted wagon and the Branor Camtruck and videod the PTAs in action.  File is 60Mb so too big to upload here but I have embedded a link to my Flickr:-

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Probably prefers me playing with the models as she still hasn't recovered from the shock of a call saying I was in an ambulance on the way to hospital after dislocating my elbow uncoupling the S15 at the Mid-Hants!

Roy

Sounds safer!  Injury sounds nasty - hopefully fully recovered now.  As I were always taught when shunting - Watch what your doing - couplings can hurt you, but you cannot hurt them!

Best Wishes,

C.