PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

Just received my wagons and they are superb. Just a bit puzzled with the flashing light, unless I have mis-understood how the wagons are worked. When the train gets to its destination and the locomotive runs round, then you will have a tail lamp behind the loco which should not be there and no tail lamp at the far end. Maybe its just me.

Richard

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, csvt2004 said:

Just received my wagons and they are superb. Just a bit puzzled with the flashing light, unless I have mis-understood how the wagons are worked. When the train gets to its destination and the locomotive runs round, then you will have a tail lamp behind the loco which should not be there and no tail lamp at the far end. Maybe its just me.

Richard

We looked into making it removable but wasnt practical. We just wanted to add a nice feature and seems to have gone down well. You can always cut it off if it doesnt suit your operations I guess.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 23/11/2020 at 15:55, Roy Langridge said:

It is times like this I realise just how lucky I am with a wife that doesn't moan. Tomorrow my two new Kernow Warships turn up and this week hopefully my inner and outer BSC tipplers.

I always tell her she can sell it all when I am gone ;)

Roy

Quoting myself but hey ho.

My parcel has just arrived and my normally happy wife was bemused that my email alerts and the phone app have been quoting it as my "Whiplash parcel" :chok_mini:

Whiplash.png.95b31ae21eda5d741be896e45f639acf.png

I may find that she is no so happy from now in when I order an "engine" :jester:

Not opened the wagons up yet, that joy is for tonight.

Funny thing is, DPD Ireland are sending me a parcel as well which they say they haven't yet got - so I think somebody somewhere got their wires crossed!

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Funny 5

32 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

My parcel has just arrived and my normally happy wife was bemused that my email alerts and the phone app have been quoting it as my "Whiplash parcel" :chok_mini:

The amount of heads these wagons are turning I'm not surprised.

Edited by classy52
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

:wub: Whiplash..................

My wife got a forwarded message today from DPD and rang me to ask me what id been shopping for !!!

I must admit i hadnt a clue as ive just received my BS grey and orange double pack today. Apparently delivered by DPD. 

My last set of BS orange and blue came by RM.

Aside of the Whiplash delivery id just like to say im now the proud owner of two sets of ten wagons in BS blue and orange and Grey and orange. Well done again to Accurascale. Top wagons. Keep up the amazing work. Lets look forward to the New Year and the KUA's and JSA's

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Quoting myself but hey ho.

I may find that she is no so happy from now in when I order an "engine" :jester:

Not opened the wagons up yet, that joy is for tonight.

Funny thing is, DPD Ireland are sending me a parcel as well which they say they haven't yet got - so I think somebody somewhere got their wires crossed!

Roy

I also got an e-mail from DPD yesterday stating they tried to deliver a parcel but no-one was in..? em wrong I was in all day ! When I tried to check the tracking No...it stated not found/out of date, very odd perhaps a scam ? The e-mail header mentions Bio-Trust whoever that is ?

Accurascale orders have all so far come via Royal Mail ....are they now using DPD also ?...as I'm not expecting anything else at the moment.

Edited by tractor_37260
amend text

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, tractor_37260 said:

I also got an e-mail from DPD yesterday stating they tried to deliver a parcel but no-one was in..? em wrong I was in all day ! When I tried to check the tracking No...it stated not found/out of date, very odd perhaps a scam ? 

Accurascale orders have all so far come via Royal Mail ....are they now using DPD also ?...as I'm not expecting anything else at the moment.

Yes, the warehouse were having issues generating labels/codes with RM, so we sent a lot of these DPD next Day

You should have received an email /SMS with tracking details, or check your order status page for more

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 1

Interestingly ive also had a scam Email/Text from DPD. I spoke to the company who said that there are scammers sending these out. 

For information, if you get an email saying the address is only partially readable and to contact them by clicking on a link...............DONT !!!

• Informative/Useful 3

9 minutes ago, McC said:

Yes, the warehouse were having issues generating labels/codes with RM, so we sent a lot of these DPD next Day

You should have received an email /SMS with tracking details, or check your order status page for more

9 minutes ago, McC said:

Just checked all orders so far sent and received via Royal Mail, no mention of DPD on my account. DPD and all other couriers regularly charge extortionate rates to deliver to my post code.!!  but good old Royal Mail manages no problem ! 

43 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

The lugs I’m looking for to remove the floor to access the battery compartment are hexagonal, right? One each side of the laddered end?

Yep that's the ones, but two at each end, they need a fairly firm downwards push, the floor then comes out to reveal the battery holder.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, dogbox321 said:

Hi - Agree that trains should only have a taillamp at the rear, BUT - ultimately in 4mm scale there has to be certain compromises.  Many people will probably run it round and round in one direction - just look at Bachmann Class 66's with one end with a coupler etc, so it will not be a problem for them - it will always be on the rear.  Likewise if the train has no taillamp - again it is incorrect. 

Personally I think its better to have one - and if you really are not happy with it - cut it off as per Fran's comment. 

If your really unhappy about the idea - to put the PTA in perspective - you can always go to the likes of Bachmann and buy a POA/SSA box wagon with much less detail and no lamp - for a similar price!  The Accurascale guys are producing some superb models, that many manufacturers cannot live with in terms of quality and price - and the lamp is just a really nice bonus to finish the wagons and make the "train".  What with your comments on the taillamp and someone else "moaning"about the battery holder - then I think it must be disheartening to these guys - who are modellers themselves and genuinely putting their heart and soul in everything they do- to give modellers the best possible models, and even now they are facing criticism on RMweb.  From a manufacturing perspective - its much easier not to have the hassle and cost of all the electrics, the risk of warranty repairs etc..  It hasn't even cost anyone a penny more than for a non-taillamp fitted version, and has sprung buffers which some companies tell us are really expensive to include!  Yes there may be the odd improvement that can be made - no one is perfect, but ultimately we have a company here that is very serious about giving modellers the very best products they can and offer excellent value.

Before complaining to AS about these things - I'd look at a good many other products that are inferior with respect to their detail, lack of features such as taillamps, livery mistakes and price. 

Likewise I am sure with Accurascales positive approach to modelling, and desire to continue offering the best - then they welcome feedback.  But it needs to be in perspective - no wonder most companies don't bother corresponding to on RMweb.  As with many things in this world - its often the few that spoil it for the majority.  With Accurascale the modelling community on RMweb has exceptional opportunities, please don't abuse it, or we may loose it!  Sometimes people just don't know what they've have had until its gone!

Best Wishes to all,

Chris.

Well said Chris and my sentiments exactly. Lets just enjoy the superb level of detail that AS have brought to us in these models. With the greatest respect to other manufacturers, we have nothing that comes close to the level of detail we have seen on all their releases thus far. 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Well said Chris and my sentiments exactly. Lets just enjoy the superb level of detail that AS have brought to us in these models. With the greatest respect to other manufacturers, we have nothing that comes close to the level of detail we have seen on all their releases thus far. 

Well, maybe not the traditional manufacturers, no. Cavalex are also producing some extremely detailed wagons.

Between the two, we have some lovely trains to pull now - way beyond what I had dreamed of not long ago. 

Roy

• Like 5

Si

I got mine on Friday and they're as excellent as expected. I haven't plucked up courage to open the one with the light to put the battery in yet but I'll get round to that sometime.

But I do have a different question or two about the 'end' wagon - if I wish to remove the coupling at the light end I can do so by removing the screw?

If I do this then I can add the dummy link coupling included with the spares, But where do the brake / vacuum pipes go - there's 2 holes on the same side (right as you look at it) where I'd expect them to be one either side of the coupling as per the other end. 

Am I missing something here?

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, bartram108 said:

Si

I got mine on Friday and they're as excellent as expected. I haven't plucked up courage to open the one with the light to put the battery in yet but I'll get round to that sometime.

But I do have a different question or two about the 'end' wagon - if I wish to remove the coupling at the light end I can do so by removing the screw?

If I do this then I can add the dummy link coupling included with the spares, But where do the brake / vacuum pipes go - there's 2 holes on the same side (right as you look at it) where I'd expect them to be one either side of the coupling as per the other end. 

Am I missing something here?

the pipes were both on the right on the prototypes, so it’s correct. You can just take the tension lock out of the pocket if that makes it easier for you.

Cheers!

Fran

On 27/11/2020 at 22:01, dogbox321 said:

Hi - Agree that trains should only have a taillamp at the rear, BUT - ultimately in 4mm scale there has to be certain compromises.  Many people will probably run it round and round in one direction - just look at Bachmann Class 66's with one end with a coupler etc, so it will not be a problem for them - it will always be on the rear.  Likewise if the train has no taillamp - again it is incorrect. 

Personally I think its better to have one - and if you really are not happy with it - cut it off as per Fran's comment. 

If your really unhappy about the idea - to put the PTA in perspective - you can always go to the likes of Bachmann and buy a POA/SSA box wagon with much less detail and no lamp - for a similar price!  The Accurascale guys are producing some superb models, that many manufacturers cannot live with in terms of quality and price - and the lamp is just a really nice bonus to finish the wagons and make the "train".  What with your comments on the taillamp and someone else "moaning"about the battery holder - then I think it must be disheartening to these guys - who are modellers themselves and genuinely putting their heart and soul in everything they do- to give modellers the best possible models, and even now they are facing criticism on RMweb.  From a manufacturing perspective - its much easier not to have the hassle and cost of all the electrics, the risk of warranty repairs etc..  It hasn't even cost anyone a penny more than for a non-taillamp fitted version, and has sprung buffers which some companies tell us are really expensive to include!  Yes there may be the odd improvement that can be made - no one is perfect, but ultimately we have a company here that is very serious about giving modellers the very best products they can and offer excellent value.

Before complaining to AS about these things - I'd look at a good many other products that are inferior with respect to their detail, lack of features such as taillamps, livery mistakes and price. 

Likewise I am sure with Accurascales positive approach to modelling, and desire to continue offering the best - then they welcome feedback.  But it needs to be in perspective - no wonder most companies don't bother corresponding to on RMweb.  As with many things in this world - its often the few that spoil it for the majority.  With Accurascale the modelling community on RMweb has exceptional opportunities, please don't abuse it, or we may loose it!  Sometimes people just don't know what they've have had until its gone!

Best Wishes to all,

Chris.

Couldn’t agree more.  Model railway enthusiasts seem to often have the unfortunate combination of being exceedingly picky (bordering on anal) whilst also lacking the social skills to vocalise their views in a way that isn’t borderline rude.  To choose to enter this market as a manufacturer you need more patience with people than I’ve got........

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

14 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

the pipes were both on the right on the prototypes, so it’s correct. You can just take the tension lock out of the pocket if that makes it easier for you.

Cheers!

Fran

Cheers Fran - will go with that

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, richard w said:

Impressive!  They certainly look the part and run very smooth.

I found I had to put a small blob of blu tack on the top of the battery to ensure reliable connectivity with the contacts.  Apart from that I've no problems.  

20201129_184310.jpg.cd69681e47cd8adcdecac074f28dbb8f.jpg

20201129_183849.jpg.4d5ee27a5c034b528bb4cbd8cc75323b.jpg

Have to pick my jaw up off the floor after seeing that first pic. What a way to start the week!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2