PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

16 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Couldn’t agree more.  Model railway enthusiasts seem to often have the unfortunate combination of being exceedingly picky (bordering on anal) whilst also lacking the social skills to vocalise their views in a way that isn’t borderline rude.  To choose to enter this market as a manufacturer you need more patience with people than I’ve got........

That is a very well made point and the very one I have been dithering about putting somewhere on SO many threads recently. You've never had it so good and yet .....and yet.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6

1 hour ago, gridwatcher said:

That is a very well made point and the very one I have been dithering about putting somewhere on SO many threads recently. You've never had it so good and yet .....and yet.

Phew, I thought I might end up on the receiving end of some grief for posting that!

On a different note, be careful when removing the standard NEM coupling from the end wagon, it just resulted in my buffer beam shooting across the room....

Entirely my fault.

B8147926-3DA4-40ED-A548-9735EA32799F.jpeg

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

On a different note, be careful when removing the standard NEM coupling from the end wagon, it just resulted in my buffer beam shooting across the room....

Drop us a line if you need any parts :)

Lovely wagons, these are. Once upon a time, all 00 model diesels ran with a tension lock sticking out of both ends. This enabled what csvt2004 wants: to run around a train and hook up to the other end. Nothing wrong with that, it’s what real diesels do. On the other hand, a good many of us like to remove the tension locks from the front and add on pipes and couplings in order to improve the appearance of the loco. Now, at last, we can dress up the other end of the train. For the information of bartram108 the red pipe goes uppermost. I chose to remove the NEM socket as well as the tension lock because it looked a bit obtrusive.

PR26549 End.jpg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, McC said:

Drop us a line if you need any parts :)

Cheers, don’t think anything pinged off!  However, some collateral damage occurred further down. I take it the two parts of the pipe (by the small air reservoir) just push together rather than them actually being snapped (certainly looks that way).

DCB9943F-12CB-4587-B6A1-1C38921AF5D9.jpeg

Edited by aureol40012

3 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Phew, I thought I might end up on the receiving end of some grief for posting that!

Entirely my fault.

B8147926-3DA4-40ED-A548-9735EA32799F.jpeg

By the looks of it your 2 thirds of the way to becoming a Railway Fitter -  Screwdriver - Yes! Hammer - Yes!  You just need the obligatory Watering Can!

Best Wishes,

Chris

• Funny 2

On 24/11/2020 at 14:25, cessna152towser said:

I added a flat wagon as a spacer between the tail lighted wagon and the Branor Camtruck and videod the PTAs in action.  File is 60Mb so too big to upload here but I have embedded a link to my Flickr:-

A shame about the flash rate, but I appreciate the limitations of the tech if there's no PCB. Is it just a flashing LED or is there something to make it flash?

When my ARC set arrives I'll look to run it off DCC and install a small circuit for the right flash rate.

Everything else about these looks fantastic, and grateful to hear the ARCs are in the air soon, great service. 

12 hours ago, No Decorum said:

For the information of bartram108 the red pipe goes uppermost. I chose to remove the NEM socket as well as the tension lock because it looked a bit obtrusive.

Thanks for the tip - is that the removal of the part held in by the screw ?

2 hours ago, bartram108 said:

Thanks for the tip - is that the removal of the part held in by the screw ?

That’s right. I had no trouble removing it – I just twiddled it out but be careful. Note aureol40012’s experience above. At least he now has easy access to the switch! Your choice. You can leave the socket in place if you like. It will be partly concealed by the screw link.

• Funny 1

I've just 'P4d' the first of my PTAs, pleased to see that all that required was a slight thinning down of the bosses on the inside of the bogies to allow for the wider wheel sets and that was it.  Battery is in and the tail light works but I did have to add a thin bit of plastic that sits under the floor to press down on the top contact for the light to work reliably.

Could this be the first P4 PTA?

IMG_2406.jpg.bb41774e5f274a57955b20e93cf000fb.jpg

Edited by johndon
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Very nice @johndon! I have seen some EM conversions, but think this is the first P4! Re the battery, if you bend the bottom tab up slightly as well as the top one down it will hold the battery snugly, meaning no need for card etc. Just a tip.

Thanks Fran.  I did bend the bottom contact up but it was more the top contact causing the problem and I couldn't think of an easy way to bed it down without potential damage so the bit of card did the job.

Just another 8 wagons to go now... :)

John

Edited by johndon
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Patriot87003 said:

The PTA wagons look superb .... and although my WCML layout is meant to be based somewhere around Stafford - Crewe - Warrington type area, I’ve used a bit of modellers licence and moved Hardendale quarry south by a few miles! 

So a bit of an impulse purchase to buy a couple of box sets, but so glad I have as the wagons are great ... really well detailed, lovely smooth runners and anything behind a pair of AC electric loco’s looks good in my opinion! So I’m now able to recreate the 1986 scene in the Accurascale formation guide of lime heading north to Ravenscraig from Hardendale behind a pair of 87’s ... and will compliment another rake of BBA’s and BAA’s carrying steel coils that head south.

F55C07EE-FDEF-4411-A023-915883152538.jpeg.b0236580e0a108e71eca5b9129725523.jpeg

D13A8673-3C59-4CD7-9AF6-05FF7FE1A56B.jpeg.b80d65cb5b91c56c07c1dcfbf9eab966.jpeg

E24E8FF5-866A-4E6A-AE29-8889A96A5D5D.jpeg.781252e6fa096fcfc07a6f93a287bbe6.jpeg

BDDF13BE-CC59-48DB-AA2E-276D968A731D.jpeg.72ed9c50187aa0a95d9e64f5f9a15a3b.jpeg

I have several reasons for liking this; both the motive power and the rolling stock...

• Like 4

Hi Fran, 

From pure filth, to ex-works... A rake of VTG 'boxes' has arrived here on my Stewarts Lane project and I have to say I'm mightily pleased with em! 

I'm not sure they fit in with our VSOE Pullman fleet, but thought they'd be okay for one of the commuter services out of London Victoria due to continuing stock shortages? Lol's 

IMG_20201203_004053.jpg.620455e8706c6450a174d812100eb9a1.jpg

IMG_20201203_010334.jpg.d8f43d26262157105a8e92825dee1e34.jpg

On a serious note, would like to finish by saying Thankyou again for a fabulous product and also, please keep up the excellent and much respected working relationship you have with us, your customers, this is just as important as your excellent models! 

Best Wishes and Kindest Regards, 

Shed. 

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Shed,

Many thanks for that, they really look fab on your layout!

While I'm here, I have some ARC images to share with you! Due in stock next week.

1.jpg.2a44bbcaa3660d21934b50fdcf125866.jpg

2.jpg.b124a420d43bcbd96cc77b72fadbcdfe.jpg

12.jpg.2a801b1247f3ed2095a173951a67d80a.jpg

17.jpg.63c9b275a323fe798d1a98f750955dad.jpg

6.jpg.2f78111f0dc041bdbc7c78d70050a874.jpg

Box.jpg.9222ecf60e6dd94854aa5fa12c1890d5.jpg

These have been particularly popular on pre-order, so many thanks to all of you who have supported us! Some of the other packs have sold out with us too, with some available still from trade stockists if you're quick!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 11

Hi Fran,

Has the colour changed since the painted sample shots from May? I hope it's just the colour balance in the photo but they looked more 'mustard' and less 'yellow' (more of a green component).

May:

3.jpg

December:

6.jpg

Thanks,

Guy

Edited by lyneux

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Shed,

Many thanks for that, they really look fab on your layout!

While I'm here, I have some ARC images to share with you! Due in stock next week.

Box.jpg.9222ecf60e6dd94854aa5fa12c1890d5.jpg

These have been particularly popular on pre-order, so many thanks to all of you who have supported us! Some of the other packs have sold out with us too, with some available still from trade stockists if you're quick!

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks for the name check, including for several other friends. First time I've seen the data sheet. 

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Agreed! I think we can put this down to photography challenges, as yellow is very challenging! See below to see how the shade is changing! 

14.jpg.2dbbe4a40199ee46a9eb90b0bc975aee.jpg

The mustard looks spot-on in that shot Fran. I think it's just the light (the shots on the previous page are probably a little over exposed with a slightly different colour balance from the ones in May - which I think might also be a little bit over exposed).

Guy

Edited by lyneux
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, hmrspaul said:

Thanks for the name check, including for several other friends. First time I've seen the data sheet. 

Paul

Hi Paul,

You're very welcome. We literally could not do these models without your photo resources (and those of your friends too!) Thank you for having the foresight for taking them!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

6 hours ago, lyneux said:

Hi Fran,

Has the colour changed since the painted sample shots from May? I hope it's just the colour balance in the photo but they looked more 'mustard' and less 'yellow' (more of a green component).

May:

3.jpg

December:

6.jpg

Thanks,

Guy

I think the new yellow looks good to me, vast improvement over the May image. Hopefully have these before Christmas!

• Thanks 1