PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, Thrallwelder said:

Hi

would anybody have an idea on exactly when in 1990 the wagon designation change PTA > JTA/JUA occurred & if any PTA’s designation wagons made it through to 1991 before being re-badged JTA/JUA 

cheers

TW 

Hi @Thrallwelder,

Regarding TOPS codes on these after the 1990 reorganisation pictures suggest the following:

• ARC and BSSW were changed quickly with most if not all the fleet recoded by 1991/2
  • Yeoman and BSRC were much tardier and there is little evidence of wagons losing their PTA code before 2000 or thereabouts

That's what we've seen on our research travels. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran

Can anyone tell me how the Fareham A.R.C trains used to operate/be set up?

Would/Did it run with 15 wagons consisting for example an outer at each end of the rake and 13 inners inbetween or would it have ran inners marshaled in the middle of the train. To run something similar to what was real im wondering if i would need three sets of inners/outers or one set of inners/outers and two sets of inners????

Hope that makes sense. Ive tried looking on Youtube to see what the consists looked like but not having much joy, can only find modern video clips.

My 10 ARC wagons arrived this morning and they do look great.

Will have a go at weathering over the Christmas to tone them down a bit. 

Very pleased with the service from Accurascale had email Wednesday to say they are on the way and arrived this morning.

Alas I think my Orange/Grey inners are lost with Royal Mail as I have had an email on the 1/12/20 but still have not arrived.

Baz

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Thrallwelder,

Regarding TOPS codes on these after the 1990 reorganisation pictures suggest the following:

• ARC and BSSW were changed quickly with most if not all the fleet recoded by 1991/2
  • Yeoman and BSRC were much tardier and there is little evidence of wagons losing their PTA code before 2000 or thereabouts

That's what we've seen on our research travels. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Fran

Thanks Fran

this info gives me a little scope with the Caib branded ARC PTA’s to re badge to PTA TOPS codes for my 1989/1990 class 56 period.

hopefully you are considering at some stage ARC/FY or indeed Tarmac PGA wagons for production ... I’m sure they would do well

cheers

TW

• Like 1

Fantastic wagons and superb detail. You've done a great job on the build on these and thanks for sending them through. They really are superb.

However I'm with Guy on the Arc mustard yellow. To my eyes its too yellow... on first opening i wasn't sure if it was painted tbh and was just yellow plastic. Sorry to sound a little harsh.

Maybe I've been influenced too much by Precision paints interpretation but the shades are quite different. I agree its really hard to base colours from photos and films and I'm sure everyone has a different view. 

Maybe yellow is just one of those colours that no-one can agree with (or i see differently!!).. I say that as I'm just about to batch respray (when the weather improves) Dapol, Hornby, Vitrains & Bachmanns interpretations of warning panel yellow.

Will

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

Can anyone tell me how the Fareham A.R.C trains used to operate/be set up?

Would/Did it run with 15 wagons consisting for example an outer at each end of the rake and 13 inners inbetween or would it have ran inners marshaled in the middle of the train. To run something similar to what was real im wondering if i would need three sets of inners/outers or one set of inners/outers and two sets of inners????

Hope that makes sense. Ive tried looking on Youtube to see what the consists looked like but not having much joy, can only find modern video clips.

All I can add is that it was 18 wagons. I've gone for 15 with 1 pack of inners and 2 packs of outers so I'll have a fixed rake of 7 and 8 respectively. 

To Fran & all at Accurascale,

Just wanted to say I am now the grateful recipient and owner of 2x15 wagon rakes of Yeoman & ARC respectively, and these are some of the finest 00 gauge vehicles I have in my collection.

You guys have done it again.

Personally I don't have any issues with the colour shades. Once weathered I'm sure they will look even more refined.

I don't think us modellers realise just how lucky we are to have you manufacturing all these brilliant models at such reasonable prices,

Really looking forward to your forth coming projects especially the Locomotives.

Thanks again Accurascale.

From a very satisfied customer D7100.  

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Not to be that guy and drive FOMO, but we are now running low in a couple more of our packs, namely the British Steel blue outers and the Yeoman inner packs. Thank you to everyone who ordered from us! 

829993335_1(4).jpg.5d54b0fd95a2d3ecb80b38c07b40a719.jpg

1133568276_JUABritsteelblue.jpg.f5eafdacb97baf2ac6d3ba22cd2fbb7d.jpg

These are also available via our retail partners but they seem to be selling quite quickly all round so make sure you grab them before they go.

https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pta-jta-jua-bogie-tippler-wagons

Right, enough of the FOMO!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Not to be that guy and drive FOMO, but we are now running low in a couple more of our packs, namely the British Steel blue outers and the Yeoman inner packs. Thank you to everyone who ordered from us! 

829993335_1(4).jpg.5d54b0fd95a2d3ecb80b38c07b40a719.jpg

1133568276_JUABritsteelblue.jpg.f5eafdacb97baf2ac6d3ba22cd2fbb7d.jpg

These are also available via our retail partners but they seem to be selling quite quickly all round so make sure you grab them before they go.

https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pta-jta-jua-bogie-tippler-wagons

Right, enough of the FOMO!

Cheers!

Fran

Good afternoon Fran I hope you are well. Quick question is the discount still available for when you buy 2 or more packs? 

Regards Gary

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, gary_lner said:

Good afternoon Fran I hope you are well. Quick question is the discount still available for when you buy 2 or more packs? 

Regards Gary

Hi Gary,

I'm afraid that offer ended when the wagons came into stock so we could make it a level playing field with our retail partners. Apologies!

Cheers,

Fran

21 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Gary,

I'm afraid that offer ended when the wagons came into stock so we could make it a level playing field with our retail partners. Apologies!

Cheers,

Fran

Hi Fran no worries at all. Thanks forgetting back to me.

Regards 

Gary 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 14/12/2020 at 17:42, Modern Image Ash said:

Hi all

dose anyone know if these wagons are still used on trains to and from the Medip quarry's? if not when where they retired?

Thanks 

Hi Ash,

They are no longer used on these trains and the wagons themselves were retired about 5 or so years ago.

Just a general heads up to everyone, we have just over 10% of the entire tippler wagon run left in stock. Thank you to everyone who ordered them and supported us, it's very much appreciated. They've been immensely popular.

Not to drive the FOMO mobile or anything, but if you do fancy some don't leave it too late! Get to your local stockist or order direct with us! https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pta-jta-jua-bogie-tippler-wagons

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Ash,

They are no longer used on these trains and the wagons themselves were retired about 5 or so years ago.

Just a general heads up to everyone, we have just over 10% of the entire tippler wagon run left in stock. Thank you to everyone who ordered them and supported us, it's very much appreciated. They've been immensely popular.

Not to drive the FOMO mobile or anything, but if you do fancy some don't leave it too late! Get to your local stockist or order direct with us! https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pta-jta-jua-bogie-tippler-wagons

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks Fran 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, 

After getting the Grey & Orange set for Newlands, I couldn’t resist the BS Blue set as well as it’s such a stunning livery. At least I can stick a 66 on those. They capture the bulk of the real thing well and really look the part so well done to all at Accurascale. 

A couple of shots on my mini layout project Morecambe.

All the best

Mark

801F45D3-0F90-4611-9EFC-4E74B32E3193.jpeg

3E95C078-E395-43B1-9934-2C14F7A6462A.jpeg

6A84C135-67AE-42C0-BDC1-31F263F1FA2B.jpeg

085A10D3-4B4A-4C3C-A9F7-DA54CB340E94.jpeg

• Like 12

9 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi everyone, 

After getting the Grey & Orange set for Newlands, I couldn’t resist the BS Blue set as well as it’s such a stunning livery. At least I can stick a 66 on those. They capture the bulk of the real thing well and really look the part so well done to all at Accurascale. 

A couple of shots on my mini layout project Morecambe.

All the best

Mark

801F45D3-0F90-4611-9EFC-4E74B32E3193.jpeg

3E95C078-E395-43B1-9934-2C14F7A6462A.jpeg

6A84C135-67AE-42C0-BDC1-31F263F1FA2B.jpeg

085A10D3-4B4A-4C3C-A9F7-DA54CB340E94.jpeg

This is my favourite livery too, though just a little too late on for my era. Perhaps I’ll buy a set in the sales next year..... ;-)

• RMweb Gold
Just now, aureol40012 said:

This is my favourite livery too, though just a little too late on for my era. Perhaps I’ll buy a set in the sales next year..... ;-)

Judging by how few sets we have left (inners sold out already, outers not far off) I cant see these featuring in any sales any time soon I'm afraid! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Agree 1

I have Phoenix Precision ARC yellow and was toying with the idea of spraying one but the masking of the decals has put me off.

That looks really good Shane you must have great patience to mask the decals.

Might have ago over the holidays.

Still a great wagon and will weather some up soon.

Hoping to get some more ARC and Yeoman sets but might purchase the KUA instead and wait for a rerun of these.

Baz