PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, daz9284 said:

Regarding the ARC mustard yellow, was it not possible to contact Hanson and ask for the livery RAL colours?

regards

Darryl

Hi Darryl,

As previously stated in posts last week our research concluded that there was more than shade on the PTAs, particularly in the CAIB era we modelled ours on. I would agree that the repaint above is a good match for the earlier procor wagons, and if/when we do a run of them in that guise the shade will be different.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Gosh, I just wobbled over the line just in time to buy a Yeoman pack.

sold out now!

I now have ARC and Yeoman, so much for self control !

I do like the slimline flip lid packaging takes less space and much easier / practical to storing wagons when not in use.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Gosh, I just wobbled over the line just in time to buy a Yeoman pack.

sold out now!

I now have ARC and Yeoman, so much for self control !

I do like the slimline flip lid packaging takes less space and much easier / practical to storing wagons when not in use.

Many thanks for the order @adb968008, the inner packs of Yeoman are now indeed sold out! We still have some outer packs left, band some retailers will have limited amounts of inners in stock, but likely not for long judging by how quickly they're selling. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

On 20/12/2020 at 10:09, Mick Bonwick said:

We need a tutorial (not on this topic, though) on how you do your greenery! That looks really effective. :good_mini:

Thank you Mick, that’s very kind of you.

I will find a way to do that when I get chance and share the techniques used.

All the best

Mark

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Maybe a version for the next run of BSSW  PTA  wagons , the  British Steel blue / orange livery but without the TOPS panel on them , this being how they first appeared when repainted , another version is these same wagons in their original livery that worked with three class 37,  then  went to two class 56 in the 1980's .  There is also the BSTE series that worked to Consett in rakes of 10 iirc , so more scope for these models 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, bazjones1711 said:

There is also the BSTE series that worked to Consett in rakes of 10 iirc , so more scope for these models 

The Consett rakes were 9 wagons, I’m just planning on redoing the markings on the existing orange/grey wagons for my Consett rake. 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 30/11/2020 at 19:51, No Decorum said:

For the information of bartram108 the red pipe goes uppermost. I chose to remove the NEM socket as well as the tension lock because it looked a bit obtrusive.

How did you get the pipes to fit? I was expecting to push them home and use a bit of glue for permanency. However neither pipe seems to fit the hole. 

@No Decorum

Edited by bartram108
Add name

On 20/12/2020 at 09:53, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Baz,

At the rate they’re selling I think we should manage it!

Cheers!

Fran

If the feedback helps, I would be in the market for a couple of grey/orange end rakes (two inner sets and an outer each) on a re-run.  Got into the hobby too late to place an order for these, but a re-run in 2021 would be good .. although for me, delivery later in the year or in early 2022 would help the wallet as a result of an investment in Cavalex HAAs!  I think my bank manager may be trying to get hold of me with the phrase 'what the hell are you doing, your card won't bend any more!!'

Richie

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Rochdale Road said:

If the feedback helps, I would be in the market for a couple of grey/orange end rakes (two inner sets and an outer each) on a re-run.  Got into the hobby too late to place an order for these, but a re-run in 2021 would be good .. although for me, delivery later in the year or in early 2022 would help the wallet as a result of an investment in Cavalex HAAs!  I think my bank manager may be trying to get hold of me with the phrase 'what the hell are you doing, your card won't bend any more!!'

Richie

there should be still stock available if not direct then at our retail partners. https://accurascale.co.uk/pages/store-locator

https://accurascale.co.uk/products/pta-jta-jua-bogie-tippler-pack-british-steel-grey-orange?_pos=10&_sid=fffb06d3a&_ss=r

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 1

On 28/12/2020 at 19:54, bartram108 said:

How did you get the pipes to fit? I was expecting to push them home and use a bit of glue for permanency. However neither pipe seems to fit the hole. 

@No Decorum

I don’t recall any difficulty but pipes not fitting is quite common to all manufacturers, especially if paint has been applied. I scrape any paint off the fitting peg with a knife and take some of the plastic off too, if necessary. Need less to say, it has to be done gently and carefully. If the peg and hole are round, I find it easier to enlarge the hole slightly with a drill.

On 29/12/2020 at 17:03, McC said:

Thanks for that.  Courtesy of the guys over at The Model Centre I managed to acquire the outers and inners that I need for two sets on the new layout.  Don't think the old flexible friend will bend any more so the Class 37 order will definitely have to wait a few months now!  Please guys, don't bring anything else out for a bit ... your bankrupting us!!!!!

Richie

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

So, i took the plunge and purchased some ARC liveried wagons just before Christmas, now im not usually one to come on forums just to kiss a$$ and tell someone they done well..... but, these are so good not to say something positive about Accurascale, they are my first purchase of Accurascale products and are superb models, i love the wagons, the couplings, the pipe detail.... i was mightily impressed with the style of box they come packaged in, even the box they are posted in had Accurascale printed on them, everything from the time i took delivery of them, unpackaging them, opening the box, putting them on the track and running them just said 'class'. I even cant help but be impressed with the price, they are immensely good value for money.

I now have two rakes of Mendip wagons, the Accurascale ARC wagons, and Revolutions Mendip JNAs and its hard not to compare the two, im hard pushed to say which ones i prefer, i think Accurascale wins if only for those stunning nuckle couplers on the inner wagons (although i certainly have no complaints about Revolutions JNAs). The one thing that does win me over though and touched on above is the price, i have 16 of the JNAs, purchased over a year - 18 month period, buying 4 at a time from the nice people down at Cambourne at £210.... x 4, its cost me £840. However i wasn't convinced i would have that luxury of buying a few at a time with the Accurascales wagons so i did something i have never EVER done before, and purchased a whole rake of 15 in one hit, that cost £450, thats a huge massive difference. 

I would like some more Revolution JNAs, but im waiting for the TOUAX liveried ones to mix in with the silver ones, so im potentially looking at another £210 taking a rake of 20 wagons up to £950. If as Accurascale have hinted they do another rake of ARC 'slightly different yellow' wagons i will also buy another pack of 5 to mix in with what ive got taking that rake of 20 wagons up to £600...... thats a £350 difference.... enough to buy a loco to stick on the front and still have beer money.

As i said above, they are both very good models, but the Accurascale model has more of the class factor, more of the wow factor and for a lot less money which impresses me, i dont know how you do it Fran & Co.... but keep it up, you have certainly impressed me, these wagons are the first ive purchased from you, they certainly wont be the last.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

So, i took the plunge and purchased some ARC liveried wagons just before Christmas, now im not usually one to come on forums just to kiss a$$ and tell someone they done well..... but, these are so good not to say something positive about Accurascale, they are my first purchase of Accurascale products and are superb models, i love the wagons, the couplings, the pipe detail.... i was mightily impressed with the style of box they come packaged in, even the box they are posted in had Accurascale printed on them, everything from the time i took delivery of them, unpackaging them, opening the box, putting them on the track and running them just said 'class'. I even cant help but be impressed with the price, they are immensely good value for money.

Slippery slope that one. I have now bought more Accurascale wagons than I planned, a lot more! Started with a single PCV and well, the rest is history and an empty  bank account...

Roy

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

I now have two rakes of Mendip wagons, the Accurascale ARC wagons, and Revolutions Mendip JNAs and its hard not to compare the two, im hard pushed to say which ones i prefer, i think Accurascale wins if only for those stunning nuckle couplers on the inner wagons (although i certainly have no complaints about Revolutions JNAs). The one thing that does win me over though and touched on above is the price, i have 16 of the JNAs, purchased over a year - 18 month period, buying 4 at a time from the nice people down at Cambourne at £210.... x 4, its cost me £840. However i wasn't convinced i would have that luxury of buying a few at a time with the Accurascales wagons so i did something i have never EVER done before, and purchased a whole rake of 15 in one hit, that cost £450, thats a huge massive difference. 

I would like some more Revolution JNAs, but im waiting for the TOUAX liveried ones to mix in with the silver ones, so im potentially looking at another £210 taking a rake of 20 wagons up to £950. If as Accurascale have hinted they do another rake of ARC 'slightly different yellow' wagons i will also buy another pack of 5 to mix in with what ive got taking that rake of 20 wagons up to £600...... thats a £350 difference.... enough to buy a loco to stick on the front and still have beer money.

As i said above, they are both very good models, but the Accurascale model has more of the class factor, more of the wow factor and for a lot less money which impresses me, i dont know how you do it Fran & Co.... but keep it up, you have certainly impressed me, these wagons are the first ive purchased from you, they certainly wont be the last.

Hi @GEARJAMMER,

Well, that's a nice message to see on my first (unofficial!) day back at work after the break. Many thanks for your kind words! I can confirm that there will be future runs of tipplers in our future, and we work tirelessly to sell our models at the lowest price point we can, while maintaining the standards in detail and presentation. It's a tough balance but it's one we will keep fighting for with every model we produce.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just looking at sales etc over the Christmas period before we hit the ground running again on Wednesday when we officially open again and it seems the tipplers were a big festive hit. We are now sold out of both packs of British steel blue and orange, British steel grey and orange inners and yeoman inner packs. The yeoman and the British steel grey outers as well as the ARC inners are dwindling in stock numbers too, with VTG steady. Of course, some of these packs may still be available via our retail partners, so check them out if you're on the hunt, but they certainly are not hanging around in general! 

Thank you to everyone for your orders and we hope you enjoy them.

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 1

@Accurascale Fran

Fran et all,

Can I congratulate you on the PTA wagons.  I have not been back in the hobby long, and did a lot of reading up on the iron ore wagons, initially shocked at price ... which I hasten to add was purely me being 20 years out of touch!  I thought long and hard about a purchase, a decision made more difficult by the realisation that there was a likelihood that once produced there may not be another run.  Finally around New Year having decided to take the plunge and by an entire rake (something I never did in the old days!) there was the discovery as per my previous message, that the grey/orange inners were sold out with yourselves.  One of your colleagues pointed me elsewhere and I found some inners and outers at TheModelCentre (TMC).  I have to say it really took a lot of courage when I saw the final total not to abandon the idea, but I clicked that final button and made the purchase.

They have arrived with me in the last hour and I have to say I am astonished.  Not only at the quality of the build and manufacture, but the style, professionalism and quality of the packaging.  I should note TMC did a wonderful job of packaging them for DPD delivery too.  The level of detail on the wagons far exceeds my expectations and is so far ahead of what I used to know when I was last doing model railways.  Needless to say, any concerns I may have had about a significant three figure cost evaporated away as I carefully opened the first box. I can not only see where the money is, but also feel that the value for money is very high.

Well done to all involved.  Absolutely superb and a credit to your team, the factory and the brand.  I doubt I shall have any concerns about further purchases from yourselves, and would recommend them to anyone.  Have some significant saving up to do now, as well as working out what wheels I need to convert them to P4!

Thank you.

Richie

Edited by Rochdale Road
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Rochdale Road said:

@Accurascale Fran

Fran et all,

Can I congratulate you on the PTA wagons.  I have not been back in the hobby long, and did a lot of reading up on the iron ore wagons, initially shocked at price ... which I hasten to add was purely me being 20 years out of touch!  I thought long and hard about a purchase, a decision made more difficult by the realisation that there was a likelihood that once produced there may not be another run.  Finally around New Year having decided to take the plunge and by an entire rake (something I never did in the old days!) there was the discovery as per my previous message, that the grey/orange inners were sold out with yourselves.  One of your colleagues pointed me elsewhere and I found some inners and outers at TheModelCentre (TMC).  I have to say it really took a lot of courage when I saw the final total not to abandon the idea, but I clicked that final button and made the purchase.

They have arrived with me in the last hour and I have to say I am astonished.  Not only at the quality of the build and manufacture, but the style, professionalism and quality of the packaging.  I should note TMC did a wonderful job of packaging them for DPD delivery too.  The level of detail on the wagons far exceeds my expectations and is so far ahead of what I used to know when I was last doing model railways.  Needless to say, any concerns I may have had about a significant three figure cost evaporated away as I carefully opened the first box. I can not only see where the money is, but also feel that the value for money is very high.

Well done to all involved.  Absolutely superb and a credit to your team, the factory and the brand.  I doubt I shall have any concerns about further purchases from yourselves, and would recommend them to anyone.  Have some significant saving up to do now, as well as working out what wheels I need to convert them to P4!

Thank you.

Richie

Hi Richie,

It's comments like this that make all the hard work worthwhile. Many thanks for your order and feedback, it really has made our day. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1