PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

30 minutes ago, rembrow said:

Footplate models are showing 1 set in stock this morning, however the photo shows a British Steel JSA SET, but the description and price is for a BS blue/orange inner set. Best to phone them to confirm what the item is.

TTC Diecast are also showing the blue inner sets as 'in stock' both on their website and their eBay listing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have a question which is probably best answered by Accurascale Fran.

I received today a set of Inners & Outers in BS Blue & Orange livery which I have been eagerly waiting for, the build is great and I couldn't wait to get them on the track. Then I looked at the photo that came in the box (see below) only to have my joy quelched when I noticed that the BS Logo is printed on the Orange paint when its to the left. I don't know if this has been brought up before, if so I can't find it sorry if I am repeating a previous question. The name Accurascale surely suggests accuracy. I have scoured the Internet and my own Photo's & Video's of these wagons and nowhere can I find any evidence of this logo on the Orange paint.

Box.jpg.9222ecf60e6dd94854aa5fa12c1890d5.jpg.a324ff0e1e40240e7454a9733eca3f6f.jpg

My question is will you be doing a re-run of this set and will the printing be corrected.

I wish I hadn't noticed this because this set is going on Ebay and I'll probably lose money.

I may pick up a Grey & Orange set instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Dieselbob said:

Hi

I have a question which is probably best answered by Accurascale Fran.

I received today a set of Inners & Outers in BS Blue & Orange livery which I have been eagerly waiting for, the build is great and I couldn't wait to get them on the track. Then I looked at the photo that came in the box (see below) only to have my joy quelched when I noticed that the BS Logo is printed on the Orange paint when its to the left. I don't know if this has been brought up before, if so I can't find it sorry if I am repeating a previous question. The name Accurascale surely suggests accuracy. I have scoured the Internet and my own Photo's & Video's of these wagons and nowhere can I find any evidence of this logo on the Orange paint.

Box.jpg.9222ecf60e6dd94854aa5fa12c1890d5.jpg.a324ff0e1e40240e7454a9733eca3f6f.jpg

My question is will you be doing a re-run of this set and will the printing be corrected.

I wish I hadn't noticed this because this set is going on Ebay and I'll probably lose money.

I may pick up a Grey & Orange set instead.

Hi @Dieselbob,

Many thanks for bringing this to my attention. I do know that our project manager over these worked to prototype images. Although he is no longer with the company I will look through the files used and see what we come back with.

****EDIT

Okay, I have gone through the research data used for the artwork for these wagons and you are indeed correct. Fair cop, it seems we dropped the ball and hold our hands up on this one. We're very sorry about that and we do pride ourselves on getting things right, but it seems we are not infallible. We have learned a lesson with this and will put in place measures to ensure that this will not happen again (and we are confident that it wont)

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Dieselbob said:

Hi Fran

Thanks for your response.

Shame about that but you didn't answer my question, are you doing a re-run with the correct livery and when.

In the meantimeI have ordered a grey & Orange PTA set to get on with.

Cheers Bob

Hi Bob,

Apologies, we have no plans to rerun this livery at this time. 

Cheers!

Fran

11 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Bob,

Apologies, we have no plans to rerun this livery at this time. 

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran,

I know at this point in time you will already be several steps ahead on what livery re-runs you’ll be considering/doing but as we’re on the subject, could I respectfully ask for an inner set of VTG Grey liveried wagons please on your next release?

Many Thanks,

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

Edited by Shedmaster
Re-worded to sound better...
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

11 hours ago, Shedmaster said:

Hi Fran,

I know at this point in time you will already be several steps ahead on what livery re-runs you’ll be considering/doing but as we’re on the subject, could I respectfully ask for an inner set of VTG Grey liveried wagons please on your next release?

Many Thanks,

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

Hi Shed,

Request duly added to the pile! 

Cheers,

Fran

Just throwing this out here, as seems semi-applicable to this thread. Was flicking through WNXX earlier and a picture caught my eye, which was of the sand train between Ipswich & Neasden very recently. It looks to me like the rake of wagons are modified PTA/JTA/JUA, as I've not found another wagon type that they could be.

To me, it appears the end has been redone with 2 braces that now go round to the sides of the wagon and meet with the first rib, and the tops are thicker and beveled, rather than small and square. Also looks like some of the side ribs have been beefed up too. If they are modified PTA/JTA/JUA, then it looks like they've been done recently as the paint looks pretty fresh.

66089 on Belstead Bank Ipswich

Sand Train

No of the above pictures are mine and link to the original on Flickr. I did have a brief search about for some info on these wagons but not found anything as yet. Be interested in peoples thoughts.

Andy.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Would you believe that these are rebodied JSAs? So they went from tipplers, to steel wagons, back to tipplers again. Sadly they emerged after we went to tooling, otherwise we may have made them. It will be interesting to see if more are converted!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 hours ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

And even more surprising, is that it has taken until the 34th page of comments from the RMWeb masses to spot the error and highlight it ... when the smallest minutiae is usually debated at length.  

And not a single request for a refund either!

Graham

• Agree 1

On 07/04/2021 at 20:37, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Dieselbob,

Many thanks for bringing this to my attention. I do know that our project manager over these worked to prototype images. Although he is no longer with the company I will look through the files used and see what we come back with.

****EDIT

Okay, I have gone through the research data used for the artwork for these wagons and you are indeed correct. Fair cop, it seems we dropped the ball and hold our hands up on this one. We're very sorry about that and we do pride ourselves on getting things right, but it seems we are not infallible. We have learned a lesson with this and will put in place measures to ensure that this will not happen again (and we are confident that it wont)

Cheers!

Fran

Just done a bit of detective work on Paul Bartlett's excellent wagon site and youtube, the British Steel logo is in the correct position on the non ladder side of the wagon, but the logo is further over to the right on the ladder side of the wagon as pointed out by Dieselbob. A bit strange that they were in 2 different positions on the real wagon?

Still fantastic wagons that I won't be selling, and if it bothers you run them round with the non ladder side facing you.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Hi 

Has anyone converted their wagons to P4 yet. It seems the axles are not 26mm in length, which makes things more difficult, although the website indicates the models have 26mm axles over pinpoints. This seems to be a recurring theme, as I have other wagons from Accurascale, which also did not have 26mm axles as specified.

regards, Chris

2 hours ago, ChrisMitchell said:

Hi 

Has anyone converted their wagons to P4 yet. It seems the axles are not 26mm in length, which makes things more difficult, although the website indicates the models have 26mm axles over pinpoints. This seems to be a recurring theme, as I have other wagons from Accurascale, which also did not have 26mm axles as specified.

regards, Chris

I've converted all of mine to P4 with Gibson wheels with 26mm axles.

The axle length isn't the problem, it is the 'bosses' round the holes on the inside of the bogie sides.  I just thinned them down with a file and dropped the new wheels in and they all run perfectly.

HTH

John

Edited by johndon
  • Like 1

On 07/04/2021 at 20:37, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Dieselbob,

****EDIT

Cheers!

Fran

Any chance that people who bought these could be sent decals to correct their wagons either free or for cost price? 

On 09/04/2021 at 14:46, Railfreight1998 said:

4020 JNA Milton Range, 29/07/20

(Flickr link - not mine)

The JNAs have been produced from the former VTG covered JSAs that didn't become the open carriers, sometime in 2020 I believe. I'm not sure if there will be any more, as that's probably most of the original chassis used up now.

They would be a doddle to convert using the accurascale chasis and a load of Plasticard, a bit costly mind. or convert a Lima one if you can get hold of the Axlemotion Bogies, I remember many years ago maybe 25 years,  upgrading a Lima PTA and going one Sunday afternoon to, I Think, Chris Leigh's Home which was not far from where i live and we went to his workshop and he moulded me a pair of BS Axlemotion bogies in White Metal I wonder if he still makes them.

I realised pretty soon that making a rake of them would probably see me off, I finished the one and lost interest (never painted it) I got fed up looking at it and eventually sold it on Ebay last year. I have a lot of time on my hands now so those JNA's look inviting.

Bachmann make a Bogie they call Y25 Type, well they don't look like any Y25 I have ever seen. they look a little like Axlemotions they are certainly nothing like Cambrians Y25 Bogies. I would put more faith in Cambrian than Bachmann I think I'll order some and have a closer look.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, zoomer1979 said:

Managed to get back to the loft layout this weekend, so finally got to use my Xmas presents and recreated one of the iconic triple headers.

So that's why they're out of stock.  Fabulous

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

Plenty about if you shop around at places other than A/S - and at discount prices to boot

We actively discourage discounting to protect smaller model shops from the bigger guys who can offer bigger discounts, and so far its been very successful in keeping bigger outfits to RRP. It's really disappointing to hear and against our wishes that smaller places discount, as ultimately it will be self harming them in the long run. We do regularly review our trade partners so many thanks for the heads up on this. 

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Friendly/supportive 3