PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Check out our latest decorated sample reveal of our lovely PTA/JTA/JUA wagon range, the VTG grey pack!

2087331620_2(3).jpg.1b97eedca62dc526b0e3097fcf76f480.jpg

The VTG liveried wagons reflect the final years of service of these wagons from the mid-2000s as they were repainted in VTG livery and used on spoil, sand and sea dredged aggregates trains behind a variety of traction!

Cheers!

Fran

1_(3).jpg.81a4c401213931bdf03f2be58e33e651.jpg

3_(1).jpg.42945dbaff583d066688182255335a32.jpg

1885232271_6(3).jpg.333c471761044b5abb8ee3e7da3c15b9.jpg

1811345610_8(1).jpg.ba107b12b9e374c8ba6e34a7396a3c14.jpg

• Like 11

Hi, 

I spent many years hauling these around to and from Cliffe/Crawley/Stewarts Lane etc and always thought they had an excellent brake, it just worked! The couplings played a massive part in a really smooth ride with these, no snatching etc. 

For me, my choice here was a Heljan Class 33 (83301) or a pack of these for my layout, you can see clearly in your pictures just exactly what I've been saying we need for a long time.... Accurate modern wagons for our accurate(ish) modern Locos to pull, so Thank you so much for these. 

Looking forward to these arriving as my order has just been placed... 

Kindest Regards, 

Shed. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
On 08/05/2020 at 16:15, Hound Dog said:

Rookie question - would these “grey” and orange wagons be used for the Hunterston - Ravenscraig runs when they were top and tailed by Class 37’s probably during late 70’s / early 80’s ? .........seem to recall them thundering thru our local station when I was waiting for the Evening Times newspapers to arrive for my paper-round........ 

Thanks

Yes, I dont think the top and tailing lasted long and instead they often added an extra loco at Mossend for the steep part round to Ravenscraig

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • RMweb Gold

Good morning one and all!

Today is the last of our PTA/JTA/JUA reveals, but we did save a popular one till the end, the iconic Foster Yeoman livery!

1.jpg.5faad3b99a20dd8717df1f3d7a4ca32a.jpg

Our first release focuses on the second yeoman livery for the PTA/JTA/JUAs, with the beautiful big block Yeoman logo with its famous blue background. Once again the printing and paint will be much sharper on the finished models, as will fit and finish. They are now in production for a September delivery.

2.jpg.31199eb903e327a2fbf4c250f0e820d5.jpg

5.jpg.1850327f573cfc85e08486608c6c59d0.jpg

7.jpg.ccff04b8bbca5edf9e8990399f548b98.jpg

8.jpg.2347d285aaf26ced25b8f2fb0fcdfdb8.jpg

As with all the tippler packs, you can order them direct via our website for a September 2020 delivery. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 12

I know Kernow did some 37/9's with Bachmann but I hope that you might consider them in the future to go with British steel liveried wagons. The picture is from my collection not the video as sadly my dad had not yet got a camcorder when we were going to south wales.

margam 02.png

Of course if you do decided to do them PLEASE PLEASE give it a couple of years so I can save up for them!!!!!!

Edited by slg
  • Like 3

Dame it, I might have to order a mixed rake or ARC and Yeoman wagons now.535546809_eastleigh20.png.e00803f371b68085bbbea5f0b4d8a5ed.png

I think I need to stop scanning all my old photos into my computer, too many good examples keep cropping up.

• Like 5
On 17/05/2020 at 21:08, slg said:

Dame it, I might have to order a mixed rake or ARC and Yeoman wagons now.535546809_eastleigh20.png.e00803f371b68085bbbea5f0b4d8a5ed.png

I think I need to stop scanning all my old photos into my computer, too many good examples keep cropping up.

that is what I have done, ordered 1x ARC outer, 1x ARC inner & 1x Yeoman outer packs. Also building a single S Kits PHA to add into the mix.

• Like 3

If you are after variety and something to mix with your Accurascale PTAs, ARC had 16 PXAs built that ran with the PTAs.

Same same but different!

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/arcaggregatebox

PR27001 to PR27016.

They ran on a mixture of Schlieren and Axle Motion bogies. I've made a few for Whatley and am working on doing some more based around my own kit using the Silouette Cameo cutter and styrene. Will have to write it up...

Guy

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

@Accurascale Fran Hi there, I'm hoping you can help me. I have 15 of the wagons on pre-order and I'm currently making a S-Kits PHA to add to the rake. So I can make them compareabe, are you able to tell me the height to the top of the kadee/buckeye and how far the end of the buckeye is from the wagon body?

many thanks

darryl

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, daz9284 said:

@Accurascale Fran Hi there, I'm hoping you can help me. I have 15 of the wagons on pre-order and I'm currently making a S-Kits PHA to add to the rake. So I can make them compareabe, are you able to tell me the height to the top of the kadee/buckeye and how far the end of the buckeye is from the wagon body?

many thanks

darryl

Hi Darryl,

15.8mm from railhead to top of buckeye/kadee & 8.4mm from buffer beam to leading edge of buckeye. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
On 24/05/2020 at 12:42, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Darryl,

15.8mm from railhead to top of buckeye/kadee & 8.4mm from buffer beam to leading edge of buckeye. 

Cheers!

Fran

excellent, many thanks, really appreciated :-)

• Like 1
On 17/05/2020 at 20:39, slg said:

I know Kernow did some 37/9's with Bachmann but I hope that you might consider them in the future to go with British steel liveried wagons. The picture is from my collection not the video as sadly my dad had not yet got a camcorder when we were going to south wales.

margam 02.png

Of course if you do decided to do them PLEASE PLEASE give it a couple of years so I can save up for them!!!!!!

Even Rail Express have asked the question in this months model newsdesk section.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all

this will be my first post on rmweb so please go easy on me. I’m looking at building a layout based on South Wales in 1990, would the grey and orange run in the same train as the blue and orange or would they have all been the same livery. I’m sorry if this has already been asked but when I had a quick look through I couldn’t see anything

thanks 

• Agree 1
  • RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Jack97m said:

Hi all

this will be my first post on rmweb so please go easy on me. I’m looking at building a layout based on South Wales in 1990, would the grey and orange run in the same train as the blue and orange or would they have all been the same livery. I’m sorry if this has already been asked but when I had a quick look through I couldn’t see anything

thanks 

I dont recall it being asked before. I would say it is highly likely. I have seen photos but not 1990. It is a question of when the last of them were painted into the newer livery, if indeed they all were.

Edited by BR Blue
Spelling
  • Thanks 1