PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

On 30/11/2020 at 18:04, aureol40012 said:

Phew, I thought I might end up on the receiving end of some grief for posting that!

On a different note, be careful when removing the standard NEM coupling from the end wagon, it just resulted in my buffer beam shooting across the room....

Entirely my fault.

B8147926-3DA4-40ED-A548-9735EA32799F.jpeg

Nah..... I did that too when I was slotting the buffer beam to accept a Smiths Coupling. They glue back on!! 

I have just splashed out on a set of these in latter day VTG grey, as it’s more my modelling era. Does anyone know if the VTGs ever shared mixed trains on the spoil and gravel workings ( eg with monsterboxes or similar?). Would like to beef up the 5 set..

superb wagons btw AS.  

3 hours ago, Johnfromoz said:

I have just splashed out on a set of these in latter day VTG grey, as it’s more my modelling era. Does anyone know if the VTGs ever shared mixed trains on the spoil and gravel workings ( eg with monsterboxes or similar?). Would like to beef up the 5 set..

superb wagons btw AS.  

Not really bother about what's right or wrong, I've been running mine with the Revolution JNA's (VTG and GBRf livery), all pulled by a Hattons 66 in GBRf livery, and they look great.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Johnfromoz said:

superb wagons btw AS.  

The set that used to run in the SE was all PTAs I think - mostly VTG but with the odd very faded Yeoman wagon in the set.

I've got some photos of the rake here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjD7AnED

Cheers Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, red death said:

The set that used to run in the SE was all PTAs I think - mostly VTG but with the odd very faded Yeoman wagon in the set.

I've got some photos of the rake here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjD7AnED

Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike.  EWS/DBS traction only I assume?  Did GBRF or FL ever get a look in on these workings?

cheers

John

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Splashed out on some eBay iron ore loads (lazy I know!), very pleased with the results!

455C8C67-758D-4B45-9217-0A7953D3F839.jpeg

I was tempted by some of those. Initial thought was that they looked too low in the wagon, but reference to photos showed they are spot-on.

Is there much variation in the shape of the loads provided?

Cheers,

Roy

Must say these wagons are brilliant really impressed.

Got the Yeoman and  Orange/ Grey ones .

Looking forward to the ARC ones coming now, only ordered 21 pack of inners and 1 pack of outers.

Contemplating ordering an extra inner pack for the Yeoman and ARC as I don't think they will hang around for long.

Baz

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, bazil31 said:

Must say these wagons are brilliant really impressed.

Got the Yeoman and  Orange/ Grey ones .

Looking forward to the ARC ones coming now, only ordered 21 pack of inners and 1 pack of outers.

Contemplating ordering an extra inner pack for the Yeoman and ARC as I don't think they will hang around for long.

Baz

21 packs of inners? God I love our customers! :lol:

• Funny 3

23 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

21 packs of inners? God I love our customers! :lol:

Looking forward to the ARC ones coming now, only ordered 1 pack of inners and 1 pack of outers.

Sorry should of said 1 pack of inners 

She would definitely divorce me if 21 packs turned up at the house its bad enough  with what's turned up already.

Baz

Edited by bazil31
  • Like 1
  • Funny 7

3 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

I was tempted by some of those. Initial thought was that they looked too low in the wagon, but reference to photos showed they are spot-on.

Is there much variation in the shape of the loads provided?

Cheers,

Roy

Yeah, nice and uneven!

2A0DCAE4-138E-4393-B417-82DBDB4E074D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, lambiedg said:

Iron ore is pretty dense stuff. The wagons would never cope if they were filled!

Very true. Often only 1 third full was the maximum load depending on the quality of the ore.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Hi Fran, one of my wagons in my outer pack has no couplings. I take it that this is an error and I’m not being stupid about how the rake is meant to couple?!

D633D09F-1968-421F-B363-CE492C4B8CEE.jpeg

Our warranty team are standing bye for your email :) (Joking aside, assuming the couplings are not in the box, or the bag, then yes, they are missing, drop support@accurascale.co.uk a line and we'll get the parts to you asap!)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ayrmrg said:

Hi

Some pictures of how these wagons were loaded at Hunterston. Apart from the one that Stevie Wonder loaded at the bottom. It looks as if they've tried to fit Ayres Rock into it.

Pictures by A Goudie.

IMG-20201204-WA0014.jpg

Is that a 4mph PSR board or an indicator for something else?