PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

23 hours ago, lyneux said:

The Yeoman wagons weather up nicely. Here's a few shots of them during a Yeoman 'takeover' on Whatley.

There is still work to do with powders to get the dust on the interior from the stone load. Interiors are done with artists acrylics whilst the exteriors are three layers: scratches are done with artists oil paints and a cocktail stick, followed by a grey/brown enamel wash followed by air-brushed Tamiya flat earth / flat yellow mixture. The Tamiya mixture was also applied as a wash to the under frame. I was aiming for this effect from Paul Bartlett's site (https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/yeomantipplerpta/h38ba7c0f).

I'm itching to set the layout up now and video a rake going round.

They should look very good paired up with the later 'Big Y' livery hoppers once they are out!

Cheers,

Guy

IMG_7873.jpg.4a318788bd78bdbdadedb107fa87682e.jpg

IMG_7875.jpg.e654a51c3160673765d7f806ed14d49d.jpg

Guy

Excellent as always Guy.

Maybe do a tutorial for the AS website as they have one for most types of wagon?  The insides look really fantastic and you can almost see the rust flaking off!  

Best Wishes,

Chris.

• Like 1

On 04/07/2020 at 22:29, class37418stag said:

Hello please excuse my English 

thank you

British steel PTA carry ferrous metals ?

I know British Steel PTA has carrying Iron Ore 

thank you

Hello to Accurascale

i was still awaiting for you give answer about British steel PTA carry scrap ferrous metal and scrap metal ?

because I will buy PTA wagon for carry scrap metal 

thank you

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, class37418stag said:

Hello to Accurascale

i was still awaiting for you give answer about British steel PTA carry scrap ferrous metal and scrap metal ?

because I will buy PTA wagon for carry scrap metal 

thank you

Hi Andrew,

Apologies, missed this. Yes, the grey and orange British Steel PTAs carried scrap. https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pta-jta-jua-bogie-tippler-wagons/products/pta-jta-jua-bogie-tippler-pack-british-steel-grey-orange

Thanks,

Fran

30 minutes ago, class37418stag said:

Hello 

thank you for respond 

so any kind of scrap metal carry from PTA wagon of orange and grey ?

The scrap would mainly have been in the ex British Steel JUA / JTA in blue / orange livery  with all the logos painted out , see link to picture  not sure where they all worked from but some did work from Beeston to Cardiff in scrap traffic .

Possibly in their early days the repainted grey VTG versions were in scrap traffic .

JTA No.VTG 26651

Edited by bazjones1711
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a heads up chaps, a change in circumstances means that the likelihood of being able to progress my planned 4mm layout is nil, so I have decided to sell the Accurascale PTA tipplers I'd acquired for it, if anyone is interested drop me a PM.

These re the British Steel grey and orange sets.  I have 2x Outer sets and 4xInner, all are brand new, never out of the box, and the boxes are in perfect condition too.  Amazing wagons, very very impressed with them.  PM for details.

Rich

2 minutes ago, Bishdurham said:

Would the Blue/Orange British Steel logo wagons been used on Consett trains or had the steel works closed before then?

Thanks

Alas the Blue and Orange ones are the South Wales ones from the 90’s and the Consett ones had become Procor ones for use by ARC and Yeomann in the Mendips.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bishdurham said:

Would the Blue/Orange British Steel logo wagons been used on Consett trains or had the steel works closed before then?

Thanks

The orange/grey ones are the correct colour for the Consett wagons but the markings were different to those on the Accurascale wagons. 

Edited by johndon
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, johndon said:

The orange/grey ones are the correct colour for the Consett wagons but the markings were different to those on the Accurascale wagons. 

So my choices are use rule one and use the orange/grey ones or use rule one and use the blue/orange ones or hope that the correct ones for Consett are issued.  Such are life's decisions!

Thanks to Johndon and Mark Saunders for the replies.

1 minute ago, Bishdurham said:

So my choices are use rule one and use the orange/grey ones or use rule one and use the blue/orange ones or hope that the correct ones for Consett are issued.  Such are life's decisions!

Thanks to Johndon and Mark Saunders for the replies.

As I'm modelling the Consett line, I've gone for the orange/grey ones as I figured it would be easier to remove the marking as and when I can track down replacements rather than having to respray any of the others.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ColinK said:

I alway thought their normal livery was grime - so give your wagons a good dose of weathering and you can use them anywhere.

Agreed, this is what the PTAs on the Consett trains looked like in the late 70s...

South_Pelaw_An_ore_train_passes_the_remains_of_Pelton_Lev.jpg.b73493df746c73b0daad69826bcdef6d.jpg

Photo from my website, courtesy of Ernie Brack.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Finished these off yesterday and am super happy with the results.  I followed an excellent video on You Tube uploaded by The Scrap Line to give me the confidence to have a go and really glad that I did.

BCFFC55F-BC04-4CFE-AC08-C4CDEEB2C380.jpeg

937A7C34-4823-493B-9E57-5EBC0D1DE4BA.jpeg

EF8086BF-CFE9-455A-B3F8-8067D105717D.jpeg

80EEA047-1625-4839-BFE5-B3A6963CC130.jpeg

• Like 17

Last year I received an order of these direct from A/S and the outer box contained a battery. I recently received another order  from a 3rd-party supplier and there was no battery.

To save me having to get the wagons out of the  box again and open up the last wagon, can somebody please advise what battery type I need.

Thanks

Graham

• RMweb Gold
Just now, bartram108 said:

Last year I received an order of these direct from A/S and the outer box contained a battery. I recently received another order  from a 3rd-party supplier and there was no battery.

To save me having to get the wagons out of the  box again and open up the last wagon, can somebody please advise what battery type I need.

Thanks

Graham

Hi Graham,

We sell them as separate items if that helps? https://accurascale.co.uk/products/energizer-lithium-battery-cr2012-2012-3v?_pos=1&_sid=f2f57d75f&_ss=r

Thanks,

Fran

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Im hoping there will be another run of the blue orange british steel inners. I misjudged the length of them and bought too few thinking they would be a similar length to coaches. Now realise i can squeeze a few more into the fiddle yard.  Double headed 87s on a rake of ten looks like enough power to get up everest rather than shap.

Any chance of a rerun?

Or does anyone know of a retailer that still has stock?

Edited by The Ghost of IKB
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Im hoping there will be another run of the blue orange british steel inners. I misjudged the length of them and bought too few thinking they would be a similar length to coaches. Now realise i can squeeze a few more into the fiddle yard.  Double headed 87s on a rake of ten looks like enough power to get up everest rather than shap.

Any chance of a rerun?

Of course! All in good time :)

Cheers!

Fran

2 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Any chance of a rerun?

Footplate models are showing 1 set in stock this morning, however the photo shows a British Steel JSA SET, but the description and price is for a BS blue/orange inner set. Best to phone them to confirm what the item is.

• Like 1