PTA/JTA/JUA, By Accurascale (NOW WITH ADDED BSC INNERS!)

Some of the BSRV ones went to South Wales and were reprefixed to become BSSW these were later sold to VTG! 

Other Ravenscraig ones became the BSSP strip coil carriers which Accurascale produce in the three variants.

Quite often the design code differs for minor reasons not visible on viewing!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Digging this up because the Dapol 59s are here (and better for the money than some of the wibble suggested, IMHO)... 🙃

Any chance of a PTA re-run with the 'Big Y' Yeoman livery?  Not sure that's the correct name, but it's Yeoman, with an extra big Y flash.  So eh 🙂

I did search to see if this was already discussed, but didn't find anything, sorry if it was already covered.

Paul has photos: 

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/yeomantipplerpta/e1dc84b3d

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/yeomantipplerpta/h1DC84B3D#hf45178b

Edited by andythenorth
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

Oops! I'd like to see some PTAs with the clock turned back to the earlier livery. This is how I remember them from my visits to Merehead in the 1980s. Apologies for the seriously damaged slide - that happened when a drop of flux went astray during a pattern-making exercise long ago. (CJL)

Yeoman PTA damaged slide.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, VIA185 said:

Oops! I'd like to see some PTAs with the clock turned back to the earlier livery. This is how I remember them from my visits to Merehead in the 1980s. Apologies for the seriously damaged slide - that happened when a drop of flux went astray during a pattern-making exercise long ago. (CJL)

Yeoman PTA damaged slide.jpg

I guess they would be the X Redcar/Consett ore wagons with a lick of paint then.......

I've long felt that mixed-livery rakes look so much more realistic than 'showroom' matched sets. This was the press launch day for the 59s if I recall correctly. Yeoman Endeavour had just demonstrated the 'wheel creep' system with (IIRC) 3,500 tons which it pushed up the curve towards Cranmore before departing (in my photo) for the main line and Westbury. Old and new liveries on the first two wagons and a glimpse of how the top of the load looks with a row of small 'peaks' which would probably settle and flatten in transit. (CJL)

Y29.jpg

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

On 20/12/2022 at 14:20, Accurascale Fran said:

They are very much on our radar in this livery, so look out for news regarding them in 2023 (and other liveries too!)

The correct livery for the Consett iron ore trains would be very much appreciated…

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

From memory David Larkin published in a Bradford Barton book passing Middlesbrough station on the goods!

I've got loads of photos - the colours were the same grey/orange that has already been done (which I have a set of) but the markings were somewhat different.

On 24/12/2022 at 12:25, VIA185 said:

I've long felt that mixed-livery rakes look so much more realistic than 'showroom' matched sets. This was the press launch day for the 59s if I recall correctly.

Y29.jpg

Definitely not the launch day, as the loco is named

2 hours ago, VIA185 said:

On the press launch day that I attended, the locos were named by various senior folk from Yeoman and General Motors. (CJL)

They were running for nearly a year before being 'officially' launched, wouldnt happen today!

1 hour ago, LaGrange said:

They were running for nearly a year before being 'officially' launched, wouldnt happen today!

Yep, well that's the day I was there and I did say 'press launch' day. My only other visit to Merehead was before they arrived. One of the 'fun' incidents of press launch day was that someone decided the two locos in the shed needed smartening up, so they painted the handrails. Then someone had to go find white spirit to clean the hands of numerous reporters, as the paint hadn't dried by the time they started climbing into the cabs! (CJL) 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

On 20/12/2022 at 16:33, dj_crisp said:

Cool..

Will you be doing the ARC ones in a more mustard colour?

Cheers

Will

The plastic underneath is about perfect, it's just the paint on top that hides it..... 

I'd leave the PTAs for a year or two until you get around to something proper to pull them......50149   Unless you have any other skeletons in cupboards......Class 47(901) or a GM.  I don't think that those 3D printed geezers have been near a Class 56,or that it is likely! 

12 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

The plastic underneath is about perfect, it's just the paint on top that hides it..... 

I'd leave the PTAs for a year or two until you get around to something proper to pull them......50149   Unless you have any other skeletons in cupboards......Class 47(901) or a GM.  I don't think that those 3D printed geezers have been near a Class 56,or that it is likely! 

I'm not entirely following your post? I guess you're suggesting Accurascale do some other locos (50149 I'm sure will be done... which I have mine so not interested in, but can't see them doing a 56 as the cavalex one will be ace, 47901 a bit of a one off and the GM machines doubtful).

Getting back to PTAs a set in mustard yellow would be nice but I've noticed the retailers having PTA stock so can see them waiting till producing more. I can see 2023-4 being a tough few years so all retailers will have to be careful with the products they choose to sell. 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, VIA185 said:

Yep, well that's the day I was there and I did say 'press launch' day. My only other visit to Merehead was before they arrived. One of the 'fun' incidents of press launch day was that someone decided the two locos in the shed needed smartening up, so they painted the handrails. Then someone had to go find white spirit to clean the hands of numerous reporters, as the paint hadn't dried by the time they started climbing into the cabs! (CJL) 

Everyone must have loved the white spirit smell and dry skin afterwards. 

Are the handrails knurled like 66 ones? 

4 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

Everyone must have loved the white spirit smell and dry skin afterwards. 

Are the handrails knurled like 66 ones? 

Such things directly affect the quality and amount of coverage given in the (non-railway) press afterwards. (CJL)

10 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

Yeomans New Trains a whitewash... 

The (white) Spirt of Yeoman..... 

Yeomans new trains are all white (literally)... 

Yes, just remember the bad press they gave the APT because a few of them had too much to drink and got queasy. (CJL)