Blackburn Exhibition - Nov 9/10 2019

newbryford

Back home after a great weekend at the Blackburn show, Dallam set back up in the garage. Thanks to all the Blackburn team for everything! Thanks to the operating team, Chris and Peter, the layout runs better with them in charge and me on the tea/coffee run. 

Thanks to all the interest shown in the layout and stock. Highlight this morning was some of Shirebrooks stock getting a run out on Dallam, thanks Duncan, it was good to meet you and thanks again for bringing the stock.

To top the weekend off, Dallam won best n gauge and best in show, which I am still in shock with.

Thanks again everyone.

Simon

• Like 3

Well done Simon on the best layout and best N gauge you deserve it. 

well bucks lane is back at the club and I want to say thank you from us (the motley crew ) for having us there it was a privilege to go. 
We got the signal engineering trophy for excellence in signalling. I’ve already though about more signals on the layout watch this space. 

thanks again 

mark Towers and the Bucks lane crew 

F82268DB-D8E3-47D9-B1EF-494882927D19.jpeg

Edited by mark axlecounter
Poor spelling
  • Like 5

Good morning everyone,

My wife and I attended on Sunday. A lovely exhibition with a wide range of layouts. My wife really enjoyed 29th Street Wharf and congratulations to them for winning one of the awards presented over the weekend. We shall be return next year.

All the best

Charles 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, napierlion said:

Good morning everyone,

My wife and I attended on Sunday. A lovely exhibition with a wide range of layouts. My wife really enjoyed 29th Street Wharf and congratulations to them for winning one of the awards presented over the weekend. We shall be return next year.

All the best

Charles 

Thanks for the comment about 29th Street, Charles - glad you both enjoyed it.

It would also be very remiss of me, not to thank the BELMRS team for putting on such an enjoyable show and, in particular, Howard and Mick for their contribution and support.  We had a great weekend and very much look forward to being able to present another layout in the near future.  Last but not least, Susan and I felt very privileged to have been awarded recognition for the "Technical" work done on the layout, in the form of the Bob Ledger Trophy.  Thank you.

One picture of the layout with locos being stabled at end-of-day!

20190921_152943.jpg.435ab439bba14dfce470a01871ddc65d.jpg

Edited by 70000 Britannia
  • Like 4