UK visit - where to shop?

dpgibbons

Sadly my UK visit (14 July-4 Aug) doesn't coincide with any major O Gauge trade events, so I'd be grateful for tips on any O Gauge retailers in the South West or London area that aren't readily available online and would be well worth a visit.    

Interesting question.  Since Home of O Gauge closed, I’m not aware of any specific retailers.  The majority of local model shops closed years back, so finding one, let alone one that stocks a variety of 0 gauge products, is a challenge in itself.  I tend to purchase on line and at shows, as I guess most people do.  This doesn’t help you.

I believe Howe’s near Oxford are Heljan agents and the last time I was there, they had a glass cabinet of rolling stock.

Hattons have their own range plus Dapol & Peco, but they’re in Warrington.  Ellis Clarke stocks Daersted & has a range of second hand stuff, but he’s up north too.

Frustrating, but i can’t think of anyone else

bon voyage

Simon

• Thanks 1

Howes of Kidlington have a very small retail area now, I don't remember seeing any O gauge models displayed on my last visit a year or so ago! Tower models carry O gauge but are in Blackpool and have an online catalogue!

Exeter area.o gauge guild have a meeting on july 18 and August 1st if thats of interest, may not be traders present though!

https://www.exeter-gog.net/

Edited by kernowtim
  • Thanks 1

Tower Models is quite a small shop in the back streets of Blackpool, but they do have a pretty decent stock of O Gauge. Offhand I can't think of a better place to go. Relatively few model shops exist nowadays and the few that do tend to have a limited amount of O Gauge at best.

• Agree 1

Gaugemaster, in Ford, West Sussex, usually have a selection of Dapol, Heljan, Peco, andnd Springside, but they are not the cheapest on the block.

I tend to use Tower Models, in Blackpool, via online / telephone.

Edited by EmporiaSub
Spellchecker