Hattons Dreamlist

Yellowperil

But why would they do that, the RevolutioN model is in production and will satisfy most demand.

They also have a solitary OO King under dreamlist

Is it wishlisting of some sort or maybe Hattons have access to some DJM assets in lieu of their claim

Hattons were slow to take down all the pre-ordering on DJM items, I did wonder if they were negotiating with the liquidators or something,

Pity they haven't done a wishlist for an N gauge King or class 17 (or is that yet)

Edited by woodenhead

1 hour ago, Yellowperil said:

It would seem to be quite obvious; dreamlist = subject to successful negotiation with tooling owners.

I think that we can be fairly certain that someone has approached someone about selling / buying models made from tooling which formerly had a connection with DJM.

I have no inside information, but it is a reasonable conclusion to draw.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

Might be a joke but equally it could be a 'we are prepared to take that' in lieu of cash payment approach.  Or it's just a bit of daydreaming fun.  But if anybody has the wherewithal o do a spot of negotiating with the liquidators/factory it could possibly be Hattons plus being a creditor gives them some leverage.  Time will tell - one way or the other.

And of course as I said elsewhere those DJM CADs might have been given a zero realisable cash price for a reason?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mike Harvey said:

Or it might just be a joke, coming from a company which is the second biggest external creditor of DJModels Ltd.  Smiling in the face of adversity.

Don't think it is a joke, they're too professional to do that I think.

However, it could be some sort of admin thing that got left in public view, or the beginnings of something being salvaged from the wreckage.. Though how there is a market for another 92 in N I don't know other than they know there is some latent demand even though RevolutioN must have taken the bulk of the orders over DJM.

Personally, if there is latent demand I think they would be better off negotiating with RevolutioN to a second tranche of 92s than a whole new model.

Edited by woodenhead
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, cctransuk said:

It would seem to be quite obvious; dreamlist = subject to successful negotiation with tooling owners.

But that assumes that there actually is some N Class 92 tooling, which in many ways seems doubtful given that all that was over shown was a 3D printed item that sort of looked like a 92.

9 hours ago, mdvle said:

But that assumes that there actually is some N Class 92 tooling, which in many ways seems doubtful given that all that was over shown was a 3D printed item that sort of looked like a 92.

No, it assumes nothing - other than that this is not a spoof.

If Hattons are serious, it suggests that sufficient orders have been received for Hattons to decide to get involved.

They may have decided to commission tooling themselves, based on research / design work already undertaken.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

I had an email from Hattons a few days ago about this because I'd expressed interest in a OO King ages ago when first announced. 

The jist of the email was that this is like a wishlist feature which will help them gauge interest in order to possibly inform future commissions... no promises though and no mention of deals on existing tooling or anything. 

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

A Hattons wishlist....

what a a fantastic idea...

they just need to fill it with some realistic wishes....

i’m sure If they needed assistance, one ask on here would get more suggestions than the entire DJThread since it’s creation, within 24 hours.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, cctransuk said:

No, it assumes nothing - other than that this is not a spoof.

If Hattons are serious, it suggests that sufficient orders have been received for Hattons to decide to get involved.

They may have decided to commission tooling themselves, based on research / design work already undertaken.

It is doubtful that the OO market could really support 2 modern Class 92 models, and pretty much guaranteed that the much smaller N market cannot.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, mdvle said:

It is doubtful that the OO market could really support 2 modern Class 92 models, and pretty much guaranteed that the much smaller N market cannot.

I have no knowledge of, or interest in, Class 92 or the N market.

I merely suggested that your assumption was incorrect.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium

Oh it would be nice if Hattons decided to release the OO King after all under their own banner. If they could manage to get all the detail at was shown on the CAD, it would certainly make me part with my Hornby versions. 

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:03, Beacon said:

I had an email from Hattons a few days ago about this because I'd expressed interest in a OO King ages ago ...

So, as the only person who has reported receipt of this email,  ;-) perhaps yours was the sole expression of interest, and that's why they called off this project. (To emphasise, me joko.)

It seems an odd thing to do. Why not inform all your regular customers. The better approach is to inform every customer with a proven record of buying. A major retailer is in a position to run a private wishlist with the votes weighted on spending track record. Very natural thing to do in their position, pay most notice to the wishes of those proven to pony up the cash.

To be honest I'm surprised too... if I'd realised the email was so rare (!) I'd have shared it at the time... unlike DJ emails themselves there was no request to keep it hush hush :lol:

Anyway, I've unearthed it from my deleted emails and here is the full text:

"Following the closing down of DJ Models LTD, the development of this model has been suspended.

As you have registered your interest previously, your details have been added to our Hattons Dreamlistnotification service and, should this model or a similar design be produced by another manufacturer, we will contact you with full information on this new item.

For more details on the Hattons Dreamlist service please click here.

Current stock of OO gauge GWR 'King' locomotives can be viewed here.

If you have any further queries regarding this, please don't hesitate to get in touch via email or telephone."

21 hours ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

So, as the only person who has reported receipt of this email,  ;-) perhaps yours was the sole expression of interest, and that's why they called off this project. (To emphasise, me joko.)

It seems an odd thing to do. Why not inform all your regular customers. The better approach is to inform every customer with a proven record of buying. A major retailer is in a position to run a private wishlist with the votes weighted on spending track record. Very natural thing to do in their position, pay most notice to the wishes of those proven to pony up the cash.

I hadn't paid much attention but I got the e-mail back on Wednesday. i didn't check the link as I'd given up and gone for the Hornby King.

The 00 dream list is still there but it's currently empty...

Luke