Cake Box 2019 - Round 3

• RMweb Premium

Phil - I didn't see the voting list before you hid it. Have you got the details for my "City Breaks" entry (email sent to you 1 Oct) or should I resend this?

- Richard.

Morning Phil

I've just had a PM from Marlyn telling me that she can't find my 'Train Now Standing at Platform Two' on the final list of entries.  I've just  had a quick look and I  can't find it either.

Should I email it again?

• RMweb Premium

I do hope we are able to show these models off together somewhere. The don't need much space and our photography always limits how we can portray them. How about the Warners/BRM show at Ally Pally next year?

- Richard.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 12/10/2019 at 19:26, 47137 said:

I do hope we are able to show these models off together somewhere. The don't need much space and our photography always limits how we can portray them. How about the Warners/BRM show at Ally Pally next year?

- Richard.

I agree with you about seeing the actual models ‘In the flesh’, Richard! But, by the end of the four 2019 challenges, there will be quite a collection, especially if you include the 2018 Challenge, as well! 

Marlyn

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Marly51 said:

I agree with you about seeing the actual models ‘In the flesh’, Richard! But, by the end of the four 2019 challenges, there will be quite a collection, especially if you include the 2018 Challenge, as well! 

Marlyn

I agree entirely, I must admit I was thinking of only the "holiday" round.

I still think, between them, they represent quite a spectrum of approaches to railway modelling. If space is limited, how about putting them in perspex display boxes and setting them out along the bar? Then people could study and discuss them away from children, push chairs, DCC sound, bell codes and all the other trappings of a big show :)

- Richard.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, 47137 said:

I agree entirely, I must admit I was thinking of only the "holiday" round.

I still think, between them, they represent quite a spectrum of approaches to railway modelling. If space is limited, how about putting them in perspex display boxes and setting them out along the bar? Then people could study and discuss them away from children, push chairs, DCC sound, bell codes and all the other trappings of a big show :)

- Richard.

You just read my mind! I don’t have the link handy, but there is a display company which produces a Perspex display box which would accommodate the CakeBox models perfectly!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Marly51 said:

You just read my mind! I don’t have the link handy, but there is a display company which produces a Perspex display box which would accommodate the CakeBox models perfectly!

I've found plenty of 8-inch cubes, I have a feeling an 8 x 8 x 6 box would have to be a special.

In the meantime, I guess we'll just have to use the RMweb here as a virtual bar for light discussion until the voting finishes. Then we will be able to say how wonderful each others models are and why are without fear of leading the jury :-)

- Richard.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1