Ruislip Lido Railway Society 40th Anniversary.

Morning All,

On Saturday, 15th June, the Ruislip Lido Railway Society held an open day to celebrate their 40th Anniversary. In the evening there was a special running session for members and invited guests; I was once a volunteer there before moving away from that area, so was pleased to be invited to attend.

I took a picture (or three) and these are now on Flickr. If anyone is interesting to have a look, this is the first one in the Photostream:

48143826367_63b257764f_n.jpgRD19979.  MAD BESS. by Ron Fisher, on Flickr

They can also be found in this album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train-pix/albums/72157709261326952

Hope they're of interest.

Edited by 45669

• 3 years later...

Hello Ron

I haven't yet downloaded my own photos from the SD Card but your images look a lot better than mine did in the camera. I tried using a high ISO but got very grainy images. 

It was a splendid evening (I was there as an NGRS member)  and it was good to chat with you in the Willow Lawn buffet/ticlet office while waiting for that train.

The railway was running its most intensive service ever and it was fascinating to watch and experience, especially once dusk had turned to night. 

On 14/05/2023 at 11:33, Pacific231G said:

Hello Ron

I haven't yet downloaded my own photos from the SD Card but your images look a lot better than mine did in the camera. I tried using a high ISO but got very grainy images. 

It was a splendid evening (I was there as an NGRS member)  and it was good to chat with you in the Willow Lawn buffet/ticlet office while waiting for that train.

The railway was running its most intensive service ever and it was fascinating to watch and experience, especially once dusk had turned to night. 

Are you referring to my pictures from 2019, or the gala last weekend?  In 2019 I only took stills, but on Saturday I was taking videos.  I've started on the editing process and the first four instalments are now on my YouTube channel.  It certainly was a splendid event, especially the parallel run with two steam locos.  That's the first time that that was possible on the RLR!

For the benefit of anybody else that might see this thread, the  12 inch gauge Ruislip Lido Railway held a gala over last weekend which featured not one, but two, steam locomotives.  They had their own 2-4-0ST+T MAD BESS which has just had a major overhaul, plus a visiting 2-6-2T called CHRISTOPHER which is based at the Littlehampton Miniature Railway.  MAD BESS is a scaled down version of the Ffestiniog Railway's ex Penrhyn Quarry Railway BLANCHE.  Best of all, there was a parallel run using both these engines:

Here are three more short videos on YouTube:

More episodes to be added as time allows...

TTFN,

Ron.

• Like 1