Colour of LMS upholstery

Yes. I think most of the companies standardised on similar colours at some point. Mostly they would be patterned moquette. There may be variations in shade.

The LMS was a pinkish colour for Third and a powder blue colour for First.

Third Open.

https://shed83a.smugmug.com/CoachingStock/PreNationalisation/LMS/i-jjmKxGF

There's a blue First class compartment here on the right hand side.

https://www.steamtrainsireland.com/rpsi-collection/20/68-lms-carriage

Jason

• RMweb Premium

Essery and Jenkinson, The LMS Coach (Ian Allan, 1969), states that during "the early years" (which I guess would cover the period of your Baltic tank), third class had "crimson and black figured velvet upholstery and mahogany veneers" while first class was "trimmed with blue cloth on the top sides and American cloth on the under surfaces" (not that you'll be modelling that) and "panelled in walnut". A further class distinction was that fittings in third class were of brass whereas first class had Venetian bronze. First got carpet, too.

Referring to Steamports post.  The upholstery in the SVR opens does vary. 27220 has a GWR moquette, 27270 has a BR chevron pattern and 27218 I think but I am happy to be corrected is a BR moquette but close to an LMS pattern. Coaches such as 12992, 2300, 24617 and 26880 have reproduced LMS moquettes. 149 has reupholstered DMU seats in a leatherette that is as close to original as possible.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Bulleidnutter said:

Referring to Steamports post.  The upholstery in the SVR opens does vary. 27220 has a GWR moquette, 27270 has a BR chevron pattern and 27218 I think but I am happy to be corrected is a BR moquette but close to an LMS pattern. Coaches such as 12992, 2300, 24617 and 26880 have reproduced LMS moquettes. 149 has reupholstered DMU seats in a leatherette that is as close to original as possible.

The SVR stock is all, I believe, Period 3 and nearly all post-War or indeed post-nationalisation; so even an authentic restoration is not a guide to the upholstery of stock to run with the OP's L&Y Baltic tank, these engines being withdrawn in the early war years. What services were they working in the 30s? (If any...)