Oh where to start in reply to this posting?

How about...  a diesel shunter with cylinder drain cocks?

Or more seriously, passengers in a carriage without door locks?  Oh, that is OK for there are no doors!

Lovely story-telling, thank you.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, sir douglas said:

theres so much sarcasm in there its hard to tell how much is gripe and which side is being 

I enjoy the ambiguity of the agnostic observer.  As for gripe, that is what we used to quell excess wind in our children when they were babies. Now there's a thought. 

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 minutes ago, sir douglas said:

im just plain not sure whether your just having some fun or having a go at GOG for something (and theres no shortage of that to go around)

Sam,

That is the beauty of it.  It can be whatever anyone wants it to be. I'll write the next instalment in a few weeks's time. 

Chris K

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

I'm not sure this story is conveying the correct message to infants. Daddy pig's suggestion was merely that, and therefore would have been a single item on the agenda. The HOG committee seem to have gone about their business in the correct democratic manner and held talks and polled the members - who voted to reject the request. 

Is the story trying to give young children the impression that if their request is rejected by a democratic process, they must become grumpy and demand an EGM in order to get their demands passed come what may? 

I think in part two of the story, Madame Gazelle would have to give Daddy pig a stern lecture on the perils of autocracy; and how to simply just accept the majority vote. 

(I will now don my tin hat, get my coat, and leg it.....)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Perhaps Daddy Pig can provide some concrete evidence to support his submissions? After all he is an internationally-recognised expert! But what if Suzie Sheep jumps on the bandwagon? Perhaps Daddy Pig is so aggrieved that he'd like to go back to 1945 when George Orwell wrote a certain book .... 

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, jonny777 said:

The HOG committee seem to have gone about their business in the correct democratic manner and held talks and polled the members - who voted to reject the request. 

Is the story trying to give young children the impression that if their request is rejected by a democratic process, they must become grumpy and demand an EGM in order to get their demands passed come what may? 

Such a lot more to follow in further episodes. I would like to see how Daddy Pig explains the minimal attendance at the EGM and the differences between proxy voting via the Chairman, proxy voting via another member, postal voting and an electronic ballot. I also assume there will be crowdfunding (perhaps by Mr Jones as he did promise something in 0 Gauge) to cover the legal fee for the advice given to the HOGs before Daddy Pig can get his motion added to the agenda.

• Like 1

Can a Moderator please move this to the Vegan section?  Thank you.  Its making me feel hungry.

P.S. Does anyone do a 7mm GIGANTOR HOG Spit-Roasting conversion kit for the Warwell?

You know the type - two shaft supports on each raised platform, the spit shaft and a long fire grate for the deck......

• Funny 6

10 hours ago, Mike Bellamy said:

Such a lot more to follow in further episodes. I would like to see how Daddy Pig explains the minimal attendance at the EGM and the differences between proxy voting via the Chairman, proxy voting via another member, postal voting and an electronic ballot. I also assume there will be crowdfunding (perhaps by Mr Jones as he did promise something in 0 Gauge) to cover the legal fee for the advice given to the HOGs before Daddy Pig can get his motion added to the agenda.

Daddy Pig has plenty to contemplate as he sits in his deckchair on the beach at Tonfanau. However, they have got to get there first and who knows what might happen on the way what with a change of engines in Slopshire, the possibility of rain en route and a shunt with a rather small diesel locomotive. 

• Funny 1

23 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

Steady. In these days of gender neutral politics, you could probably be arrested for commenting on someone's choice of clothing and footwear. 

Yus..we're not prejudiced, we'll eat them all.....with some brown sauce and a nice bottle of light ale...

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, 81A Oldoak said:

. . . . .  sits in his deckchair on the beach at Tonfanau.  

No doubt looking north towards the highest mountain in Wales where Daddy Pig could ask too many questions and get too many answers . . . . 

• Funny 2