2019 Accurascale Modeller Survey - Have Your Say!

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, ColinK said:

I filled the survey in but not sure if it got delivered as our wifi started playing up. I don’t really want to send off another survey without knowing if my first attempt got delivered to avoid voting twice.

Hi Colin,

If you want to PM me your full name and email I can check and let you know if it when through or not?

Almost 1,000 responses already. Unreal! Thank you all for taking the time out and keep the answers coming!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 4

21 hours ago, surfsup said:

Of course I had to put myself down for a 73/9 - The perfect match no less for your forthcoming Mk5 Sleeper Stock. 

And finally a chance to put the long forgotten Rover KSA High Cube wagons down. 

Or a chance for the 313 - 508 Pep Family of EMUs at last ;) 

I opted for the KSA too, except in log carrier form. Would go lovely behind my Colas 56/60/70 :senile:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Colin,

If you want to PM me your full name and email I can check and let you know if it when through or not?

Almost 1,000 responses already. Unreal! Thank you all for taking the time out and keep the answers coming!

Cheers,

Fran

You do realise that this thread will now become an endless wishlist? ;)

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Milk tank wagon

LYR 0-6-0 (52044/52322/752)

Electrostar for me...

noticed no option for a diesel loco in oo ?

We left it open as 'loco', so you can suggest diesel, electric, steam, gas turbine, whatever you like!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We left it open as 'loco', so you can suggest diesel, electric, steam, gas turbine, whatever you like!

Cheers!

Fran

........whatever you like!

Hi Fran

Can you be kind enough to change my loco request to a working shunting horse, a grey would  be preferred. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

........whatever you like!

Hi Fran

Can you be kind enough to change my loco request to a working shunting horse, a grey would  be preferred. 

Perhaps that could be classed as an accessory. I did think of doing a major goods depot layout but needed a working capstan system and wagon turntables. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Love to see you do a Class 313, 314, 315, 507 and 508 as their now heading towards the scrapyard.  Loads of options and liveries.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

Perhaps that could be classed as an accessory. I did think of doing a major goods depot layout but needed a working capstan system and wagon turntables. 

Hi Eric

A horse is surely motive power, able to move on its own therefore a locomotive.

Wouldn't it be good on the next wishlist, what colour shunting horse was an option?

As for a working good yard with capstans and turntables would look great. I know Leicester South has this modeled using powered vans. I would be good to see something similar in 7mm where the movement could be by ropes wound around capstans.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2

...did someone mention a Conflat L

...the chains and shackles are most probably beyond even the ultra fine details we've come to expect from Dublin.;)

A/box

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Will you be publishing results? Though i suspect if you get 5000 replies you'll  get 4998 different answers. The other two will be for the fell locomotive.

We will be doing a video going through some of the feedback raised and a couple of the results for sure. We will try to make it somewhat watchable, honest!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Axlebox said:

...the chains and shackles are most probably beyond even the ultra fine details we've come to expect from Dublin.;)

Check out the chains on American HO locos. Flexible too.

Oh and did anybody wish list a Conflat L.  (And the three transformers).

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
Just to mention Conflat L's again.

18 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Time to Start lobbying for a conflat L, Conflat LD and this:

TorpLadleDissDiaSm.jpg.51d6908591f9bb61f888c6cdbc55ab1b.jpg

P

If the Torpedo is selected then a LMS brake van without a body is required for the spacer wagons, six were converted for this. Plus others were converted to adaptor wagons for the 100 ton tipplers!

Mark Saunders 

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Oh and did anybody wish list a Conflat L.  (And the three transformers).

P

No, I wish listed a BR Palvan!

11 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

If the Torpedo is selected then a LMS brake van without a body is required for the spacer wagons, six were converted for this.

... and then there was the BR brake underframes that were converted for the same duty then stood out of use on the dockside at Teesport for decades. Dunno why they converted so many as they were only used for a very short period before they standardised on HAA hoppers as barriers.

I can't' fathom why they didn't use that most popular of vehicles, The Conflat L.  :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, 31A said:

No, I wish listed a BR Palvan!

Not a bad choice but it never had the pure sex appeal of the...      ...      ... :clapping:CONFLAT L:clapping:

• Funny 3

16 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran

Ahhh, but only one! That's kinda where I gave up as I have three locos that I would like to see given a shot, but no carriages/wagons/accessories.

Good initiative though!

2 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Not a bad choice but it never had the pure sex appeal of the...      ...      ... :clapping:CONFLAT L:clapping:

Conflat L, what a good idea, I'd buy some of those for sure...its amazing how many transformers we used to trundle round the country on Conflat Ls...you do wonder if they now all go by road...why did we need so many in the first place?

A/box

(hommage to Tri-ang)

• Funny 1