2019 Accurascale Modeller Survey - Have Your Say!

• RMweb Gold

It was a bit disappointing to see N gauge in the list of gauges modelled, and then find out, if you didn't also model O or OO, the rest of the survey was irrelevant.

I certainly applaud the initiative, but didn't see the point of mentioning N gauge at the start if you've no intention of entertaining the gauge  (for very valid reasons, I'm sure) when asking for suggestions.

Best

Scott

Edited by scottystitch

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, scottystitch said:

It was a bit disappointing to see N gauge in the list of gauges modelled, and then find out, if you didn't also model O or OO, the rest of the survey was irrelevant.

I certainly applaud the initiative, but didn't see the point of mentioning N gauge at the start if you've no intention of entertaining the gauge  (for very valid reasons, I'm sure) when asking for suggestions.

Best

Scott

Hi Scott,

Many thanks for your feedback.

We just wanted to ascertain how many people taking the survey are N gauge modellers. As you know we do not do N gauge models, though judging by the survey many people want us to. We think it's best when it comes to N gauge models we partner up with companies who know that market better than us like Revolution and Realtrack, as we have done with the cemflo, mark 5 and PCA so far (and more to follow in future I'm sure!)

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, scottystitch said:

Best

Scott

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Scott,

We just wanted to ascertain how many people taking the survey are N gauge modellers. As you know we do not do N gauge models, though judging by the survey many people want us to. We think it's best when it comes to N gauge models we partner up with companies who know that market better than us like Revolution and Realtrack, as we have done with the cemflo, mark 5 and PCA so far (and more to follow in future I'm sure!)

Cheers,

Fran

Can't do right for doing wrong!

Mike.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Scott,

Cheers,

Fran

On the topic of feedback, is it possible for future questionnaires to allow multiple answers to some questions? For example,  I model three eras, but could only select one, so had to pick that which I consider my main era, although this is partly in conflict with some of the other responses I gave.

Best regards,

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

On the topic of feedback, is it possible for future questionnaires to allow multiple answers to some questions? For example,  I model three eras, but could only select one, so had to pick that which I consider my main era, although this is partly in conflict with some of the other responses I gave.

Best regards,

Roy

Hi Roy,

Possibly, but we were keen to get people to nail colours to their mast and give their main area as you did. It was purposely rigid in this instance.

Cheers!

Fran

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Scott,

Cheers,

Fran

Hi Fran

Thanks for your reply and response, all of which is duly noted.

My comment was not intended as a complaint in the traditional sense, just an observation that my hopes were raised on the first question, where it looked like you might be interested in producing N gauge models, that's all.

I've always considered Accurascale an OO and O manufacturer without any quibble.

Best

Scott.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, scottystitch said:

Hi Fran

Thanks for your reply and response, all of which is duly noted.

My comment was not intended as a complaint in the traditional sense, just an observation that my hopes were raised on the first question, where it looked like you might be interested in producing N gauge models, that's all.

I've always considered Accurascale an OO and O manufacturer without any quibble.

Best

Scott.

Hi Scott,

I didnt take it as a complaint at all, so no worries. It was a point brought up by a number of people in the survey feedback and your query allowed me to address it on a wider platform which was good. Apologies for raising those hopes though, but you can rest assured that many of our projects will emerge in N in the future, just from other companies who execute N gauge extremely well. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hi Roy,

Possibly, but we were keen to get people to nail colours to their mast and give their main area as you did. It was purposely rigid in this instance.

Cheers!

Fran

Unfortunately in doing so you may underestimate the size of any market. I buy models representing a number of eras. No one era is dominant for me — and what I buy depends on both the usefulness *and* attractiveness of the model (I have zero “need” for an APT-E but I very happily bought one). 

And a great model can can open up a new world for me: Heljan’s 0 gauge Clayton has “made” me become an 0 gauge modeller. 

I’m sure you know all this. Hope the survey results are interesting. 

Paul

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Roy,

Cheers!

Fran

Any chance some of the information will be published - even if not for every question. Given the survey, it would be good to get information from another source to the usual (but very good) poll.

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, Fenman said:

Unfortunately in doing so you may underestimate the size of any market. I buy models representing a number of eras. No one era is dominant for me — and what I buy depends on both the usefulness *and* attractiveness of the model (I have zero “need” for an APT-E but I very happily bought one). 

And a great model can can open up a new world for me: Heljan’s 0 gauge Clayton has “made” me become an 0 gauge modeller. 

I’m sure you know all this. Hope the survey results are interesting. 

Paul

Hi Paul,

There is reasoning behind us doing it this way to gauge consumer behaviour. It may seem counter-intuitive on the outside but it will serve the purpose of our market research which is an important outcome of this to us. There is method behind what you may see as the madness :)  

1 minute ago, The Black Hat said:

Any chance some of the information will be published - even if not for every question. Given the survey, it would be good to get information from another source to the usual (but very good) poll.

Hi there,

As I said in the opening post, we will go through it in a video when it closes in September and we have gone through the results. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold

Trouble with wish lists is everyone has a crack at it, from the weird to the wonderful.  Everyman and his dog knows that you only do OO and O gauges but are tied in with Realtrack and Revolution Trains who do N.  Your working together and swopping ideas between scales.  I’m surprised no ones moaned your not doing Gauge 1 lol.

Just completed my survey and set out my 7mm choices!

A massive well done to Accurascale for running this and for interacting so well with their customer base. You are to be commended for your approach and deserve every success!

David 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

I filled it in upon receiving the email from Fran - Thanks for the opportunity to influence what might be made.

My steam suggestion would be interesting as the MW L has so many variations, wheels, bunker and cab that it's a rabbit hole to fall down.....    (We have 2 different ones in Leeds if you want to look at them.)

Coach suggestion was slightly left field as Sentinel railcar.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Folks,

My ideas for new stuff are as follow:

• Locomotive, any AC electric either 81, 82, 83 or 84.
  • Multiple unit, either a 507 / 508 or a 310 / 311
  • Wagon, Cartic-4

Gibbo.

Would that be before or after they've done the MDO and 'Manor'?

Edit PS I even made my pre-order for MDOs on the survey.  Maybe I should have added the two 'Manors as well?

Edited by The Stationmaster

• RMweb Premium

I'm a bit puzzled a 310 doesn't look anything like a 311, which was the later build of 303 Glasgow Blue train. One of these would certainly be welcome , but I reckon that's a bit niche , whereas 313/314/315/507/508 family was quite wide ranging , although I do appreciate there were subtle differences in the window positions , I think in the PTSO in 313/314/315 at least.   I tried to keep my suggestions sensible(well they seemed so to me) and to what I thought might be commercially viable .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Legend said:

I'm a bit puzzled a 310 doesn't look anything like a 311, which was the later build of 303 Glasgow Blue train. One of these would certainly be welcome , but I reckon that's a bit niche , whereas 313/314/315/507/508 family was quite wide ranging , although I do appreciate there were subtle differences in the window positions , I think in the PTSO in 313/314/315 at least.   I tried to keep my suggestions sensible(well they seemed so to me) and to what I thought might be commercially viable .

Hi Legend,

I miss typed 310 / 310/1 if that clears my mistake !

To be fair the 311's did run Manchester to Glossop late on in their careers and the 303's are quite nice also.

You are correct about the minor details in the 313 / 314 / 315 / 507 / 508 units.

Gibbo.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've just filled in my survey, thanks for the opportunity guys!

My 'OO' votes swung towards a Class 37 (because there's not many locos left to revamp!) and an Electrostar (as it's comedy there is no RTR model now given that they are slowly overtaking the country!) and finally...left field choice, but my wagon vote as a WIA Arbel 5-wagon articulated car carrier, because how cool would a beast like that be!

Filling in the 'Coach' category left me stumped though...how lucky are we OO (modern) modellers - there's basically nothing mainstream left that hasn't already been done or about to be done soon! 

Food for thought anyway, looking forward to the results coming out..!

Cheers,

James

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, James Makin said:

My 'OO' votes swung towards a Class 37 (because there's not many locos left to revamp!) and an Electrostar (as it's comedy there is no RTR model now given that they are slowly overtaking the country!) and finally...left field choice, but my wagon vote as a WIA Arbel 5-wagon articulated car carrier, because how cool would a beast like that be!

Filling in the 'Coach' category left me stumped though...how lucky are we OO (modern) modellers - there's basically nothing mainstream left that hasn't already been done or about to be done soon! 

Cheers,

James

Such a coincidence. I voted for a new OO Gauge Class 37 and a OO Gauge Electrostar. I think that these would be very appropriate and good for Accurascale to produce. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, James Makin said:

Cheers,

James

12 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Such a coincidence. I voted for a new OO Gauge Class 37 and a OO Gauge Electrostar. I think that these would be very appropriate and good for Accurascale to produce. 

As did I, great minds think alike :)...James I think that's two of us so far voting for the WIA wagons and yes would look so good on a layout.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1