2019 Accurascale Modeller Survey - Have Your Say!

On 10/07/2019 at 16:49, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Legend,

I miss typed 310 / 310/1 if that clears my mistake !

To be fair the 311's did run Manchester to Glossop late on in their careers and the 303's are quite nice also.

You are correct about the minor details in the 313 / 314 / 315 / 507 / 508 units.

Gibbo.

There were a small number of 303s in the northwest from around 1982ish for a while but i dont recall 311s.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

There were a small number of 303s in the northwest from around 1982ish for a while but i dont recall 311s.

I never saw anything other than 303 / 304 / 5 on hadfields.

There was a class 307 once only.

specifics in

1986/87/88: 303036/041/048/049/050/053/057/060/066/067/078/082/ =12

1989: 303036/041/048/049/053/057/060/066/067/078/082/ =11

1990: 303049/060/066/082/ = 4

Glasgow selected its worst examples to send south, and Longsight did little more with them. They were really knackered..i mean holes that you could see through around the windows and doors. The Scottish ones got refurbed windows and panelling, unlike Manchesters. You could rock them on their suspension by jumping up and down.. if something went passed them at speed, they'd rock the carriage and blow the doors inwards before sucking them out again.

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Fitzer said:

00 Class 37 from me too.

Love to see the type 3 getting the Deltic level of treatment with all the variations over its life and still on going.

7 hours ago, classy52 said:

As did I, great minds think alike :)...James I think that's two of us so far voting for the WIA wagons and yes would look so good on a layout.

So that's at least four of us who we know of so far that voted for a new OO Gauge 37. Seems as though a new 37 would be popular. 

For me you can just never have too many 37s especially in DRS, Colas, Europhoenix/ROG and West Coast Maroon liveries. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Great to see others also want a 377/387 electrostar made. That's what I've thrown my vote in for. Not too fussed about a 3 car 377 but I'd snap up a 4 car or 5 car 377 in southern rail livery in a heartbeat. And a 4 car 387 in GX livery.

Regards Gary 

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, Fitzer said:

00 Class 37 from me too.

Love to see the type 3 getting the Deltic level of treatment with all the variations over its life and still on going.

And me, I would buy at least 3...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 21:14, James Makin said:

Filling in the 'Coach' category left me stumped though...how lucky are we OO (modern) modellers - there's basically nothing mainstream left that hasn't already been done or about to be done soon! 

Mk2b/c still needs to be done to modern standards without the Lima planter stand window frames.  Given they also ran in Ireland with NIR and some second hand with IE alongside a few Mk2as, there's an obvious cross-over with the Irish side of the company.  Of course, if you do do the Mk2b/c and extend the range to include the Irish vehicles, you'd need to do an 80 class as well.  I'd be up for a few of those to run Rule 1 on my proposed steam era layout alongside my Irish collection, or on "Dolgellau" on non-public days!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

Mk2b/c still needs to be done to modern standards without the Lima planter stand window frames.  Given they also ran in Ireland with NIR and some second hand with IE alongside a few Mk2as, there's an obvious cross-over with the Irish side of the company.  Of course, if you do do the Mk2b/c and extend the range to include the Irish vehicles, you'd need to do an 80 class as well.  I'd be up for a few of those to run Rule 1 on my proposed steam era layout alongside my Irish collection, or on "Dolgellau" on non-public days!

Would really love some Mk 2B coaches to add to my 2A’s. I can’t believe I’m saying this but would prefer Bachmann to crack on and produce them rather than Accurascale. An Accurascale Mk2B would look way too good next to the Bachmann 2A. 

I know it’s a bit left field but I Wouldn't mind a Manchester Pullman rake! 

• Funny 1

45 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

A decent Class 56 of all variations would be awesome, including the Colas versions and the new Class 69’s.

Class 69???...yeah had to look it up on Wkipedia and basically GBRf are converting 16 Class 56's by installing an EMD 710 12 Cylinder powerplant and a Class 66 based control system, fascinating.

Apparently cheaper to do this than buying brand new modern locomotives.

Edited by classy52

3 hours ago, classy52 said:

Class 69???...yeah had to look it up on Wkipedia and basically GBRf are converting 16 Class 56's by installing an EMD 710 12 Cylinder powerplant and a Class 66 based control system, fascinating.

Apparently cheaper to do this than buying brand new modern locomotives.

I had to look it up too! Fascinating. A sort of 56-based 57 with a more up-to-date engine. I wonder if Hornby will do it and, if so, will the old moulding be knocked out cheaply but with a new livery.

On 14/07/2019 at 13:11, adb968008 said:

I never saw anything other than 303 / 304 / 5 on hadfields.

There was a class 307 once only.

specifics in

1986/87/88: 303036/041/048/049/050/053/057/060/066/067/078/082/ =12

1989: 303036/041/048/049/053/057/060/066/067/078/082/ =11

1990: 303049/060/066/082/ = 4

Glasgow selected its worst examples to send south, and Longsight did little more with them. They were really knackered..i mean holes that you could see through around the windows and doors. The Scottish ones got refurbed windows and panelling, unlike Manchesters. You could rock them on their suspension by jumping up and down.. if something went passed them at speed, they'd rock the carriage and blow the doors inwards before sucking them out again.

The 303s definitely arrived before 1984.  They were used on the crewe to liverpool trains before going across to manchester.  I travelled regularly on them to school in hartford before leaving sixth form and joining the 3000000 in the dole queue in 84. Thanks for that Maggie. 

An accura 303 would be a nice trip down memory lane me, especially if it came with the famous ub40 signing on sheet

And id second the call for the manchester pullman mk2s. 

Edited by The Ghost of IKB

21 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

I had to look it up too! Fascinating. A sort of 56-based 57 with a more up-to-date engine. I wonder if Hornby will do it and, if so, will the old moulding be knocked out cheaply but with a new livery.

I would rather Hornby or somebody else completely re-tool the Class 56 whilst adding the Class 69 as well, those recessed fan outlets in the roof are just wrong on the Hornby model.

Edited by classy52

Just now, classy52 said:

I would rather Hornby or somebody else completely re-tool the Class 56 whilst adding the Class 69 as well, those recessed fan outlets in the roof are just wrong.

I agree. I only thought that Hornby, going by its recent actions, might try to knock out a cheap version. Talking of cooling fans, is the time now ripe for some enterprising manufacturer to power them with a servo, operated by the cooling fan sound button?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, No Decorum said:

I agree. I only thought that Hornby, going by its recent actions, might try to knock out a cheap version. Talking of cooling fans, is the time now ripe for some enterprising manufacturer to power them with a servo, operated by the cooling fan sound button?

I wouldn't mind cooling fans on all classes being operated by a servo, I know there are who would disagree because of the extra bits that may fail but personally as you're looking down on a loco on the layout it would look pretty cool seeing fans being operated as it's going past.

3 minutes ago, classy52 said:

I wouldn't mind cooling fans on all classes being operated by a servo, I know there are who would disagree because of the extra bits that may fail but personally as you're looking down on a loco on the layout it would look pretty cool seeing fans being operated as it's going past.

What a good idea! A lot of people didn’t like the fans driven by an elastic band. Many removed it because they thought it interfered with the smooth running of the loco. I haven’t had much trouble with them but I’m sure the elastic with perish over time. I will say that when the initial delight at the turning fans wears off, it becomes very obvious that they don’t work realistically.

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

The 303s definitely arrived before 1984.  They were used on the crewe to liverpool trains before going across to manchester.  I travelled regularly on them to school in hartford before leaving sixth form and joining the 3000000 in the dole queue in 84. Thanks for that Maggie. 

An accura 303 would be a nice trip down memory lane me, especially if it came with the famous ub40 signing on sheet

And id second the call for the manchester pullman mk2s. 

No argument from me, I can only tell you when I saw them.

They replaced the Hadfield units in 1984, so my guess is they arrived then.

Would love to see a 303 EMU, lots of potential liveries, and its preserved.

I was amazed to find there is even a driving car just down the road from me in South london At Gravesend, just seen it on google maps !

• Like 1

I forgot one accessory...,... Could be any scale....,.. A model of a certain Doctor (not Who). Included in the packaging some vodo pins.

Keith

I will get my hat and coat

Edited by KeithHC
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, KeithHC said:

I forgot one accessory...,... Could be any scale....,.. A model of a certain Doctor (not Who). Included in the packaging some video pins.

Keith

I will get my hat and coat

We could do one of a certain doctor holding a great big axe? Perfect for those 60s layouts... 

• Funny 4

Here's a novel idea for you ....

Why stay in the 21st Century?

Why stay even in the 20th Century?

Done by Hornby in part, 40+ years ago, why not have ....

THE STEPHENSON SERIES

You can start with Rocket, and it's Trials wagons ...

You could add Locomotion, Planet ...

As an aside you could add Lion and even meander into the Titfield Thunderbolt ....

Just a thought.

Al.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Here's a novel idea for you ....

Why stay in the 21st Century?

Why stay even in the 20th Century?

Done by Hornby in part, 40+ years ago, why not have ....

THE STEPHENSON SERIES

You can start with Rocket, and it's Trials wagons ...

You could add Locomotion, Planet ...

As an aside you could add Lion and even meander into the Titfield Thunderbolt ....

Just a thought.

Al.

Hi Al,

One locomotive, one carriage and an authentic circle of first radius track !

Catch-me-who-can.jpg

I do like your idea bye the way, here are my models of Rocket and Northumbrian,

DSCF0308.JPG.b9c2ce6d10408283823006ae73dadbe9.JPG

Gibbo.

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2