Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Canopy Nudging

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

There's a new activity being promoted on RMweb. It has been called, "Canopy Nudging". See if you can find where it's happening . . . . . .

1 hour ago, Ian Simpson said:

I'm a Little Muddle-d about this myself, Mick.

1 hour ago, sir douglas said:

what kind of huge spliff is being passed around today, this nudging question and Oldoak's peppa pig thing

I haven't got a clue, either.

I'm beginning to wonder if it might be some wacky "joint enterprise" malarkey that's likely to go up in a puff of smoke, sooner or later. You know the sort of thing: "Bridges - you build 'em - somebody will bash 'em!"

Obviously, I could be very much mistaken - I sort of hope I am ... .

Huw.

• Agree 1

I suspect this is something we all suffer from on our layouts but have been to embarrassed to mention.

It is hoped that this little thread started by our colleague, Mr Bonwick, will go some way to remove the stigma of failing to refer to items that have been 'nudged' but not noticed when a picture has been taken.

My layout suffers with this a lot as most of my stock is moved by handmotion and items regularly get 'nudged' but I am now taking professional advise and the situation appears to be under control.

More updates will follow.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I may Be a Little Confused over the answer to the question...

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

PS I shall be doing some canopy nudging in a big way Friday night...

The Wood and tools are now available, as are the correct size screws..

Nudging AWAY!!!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

The canopy nudging community should have an anthem to sing at gatherings (yes, there are such).

Canopy.

Nudge.

Canopy.

Nudge.

Canopy, canopy.

Nudge, nudge, nudge.

To be yelled rhythmically.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Mick Bonwick said:

The canopy nudging community should have an anthem to sing at gatherings (yes, there are such).

Canopy.

Nudge.

Canopy.

Nudge.

Canopy, canopy.

Nudge, nudge, nudge.

To be yelled rhythmically.

You missed off the loud "Oi" at the end!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

35 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Such stigma pales into insignificance compared to leaving random alien objects in shot compounded by them going unnoticed in the photoshopping process.

Feature10b.jpg

That's not an alien object, it's a tractor. If the ones around here are any guide, the very last choice of transport for those looking to cover interstellar distances.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Wheres_Wally said:

That's not an alien object, it's a tractor. If the ones around here are any guide, the very last choice of transport for those looking to cover interstellar distances.

In my trainspotting days we didn't call them tractors. They were always Brush 2s.

i am not sure I really understand what is going on. Again.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Such stigma pales into insignificance compared to leaving random alien objects in shot compounded by them going unnoticed in the photoshopping process.

The same thing happened to me last year.

Gilbert invited me over to see Peterborough North and let me take some photo's of his wonderful layout.

Whilst setting up I didn't realise he had put his camera down and.....

PN12.jpg.d4af92abafd70030fd84f429db8abe9a.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Wheres_Wally said:

There's one of Harry Hall's alien space capsules in the distance near the home signal that has just been 'spadded'.

This all reminds me of the 'joke' -

'Q. - What is the difference between a rich man, a poor man and a dead man?'

'A. - A rich man has a canopy over his bed, a poor man has a canopy under his bed and a dead man canopy.'

Vary the spellings somewhat.......................:rolleyes:

Edited by 5050
Spellerating!
  • Funny 4

In order to clarify the situation regarding the time honoured tradition of canopy nudging I came across these self explanatory pictures which I have lifted from the organisation guide.

This guide has been produced by N I T S, or Nudging In Tandem Society which I do believe has their annual meeting every 29th February.

Their aim is catch every type of nudge, not just canopies, but anything that has been slightly moved and not spotted at the time of the picture

This is a canopy nudge

2107.jpg.d4c1fcdfdb46a44adae26b88f781e905.jpg

This is not

This has fallen over.....

2108.jpg.5393dde2ab33d265d2db231df3004e7c.jpg

All will be very clearly identified as their will be a large hand nearby giving a thumbs up or down!!!!

Hope this has assisted and cleared up any issues you might have...

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold

Maybe we should change the title of the topic to, "Canopy Nudging and other Embarrassing Stigmata".

What else will come into the limelight, heretofore hidden away out of sight of normal folk?

• Informative/Useful 1