Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Canopy Nudging

• RMweb Premium

I think I get it. It is all about those things that we didn't stick on quite as straight as we would have liked but don't spot it until it appears in a photo and we say "Somebody must have nudged it".

Am I getting close?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, t-b-g said:

Anything?

Most certainly. Proximity to anything is desirable for the sake of companionship. Proximity to nothing, on the other hand, is to be avoided at all cost, and proximity to something is to be encouraged in others, albeit only behind closed doors. There may or may not be additional circumstances in which you may or may not find yourself, all of which may or may not contribute to your confusion.

4 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Most certainly. Proximity to anything is desirable for the sake of companionship. Proximity to nothing, on the other hand, is to be avoided at all cost, and proximity to something is to be encouraged in others, albeit only behind closed doors. There may or may not be additional circumstances in which you may or may not find yourself, all of which may or may not contribute to your confusion.

Couldn't have put it simpler myself....!

17 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Agreed, but it must have started as a nudge, surely.

Not for this picture, dare I say it......it was staged!!

There I said it.....

Secrets out now.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Such stigma pales into insignificance compared to leaving random alien objects in shot compounded by them going unnoticed in the photoshopping process.

Feature10b.jpg

The alien monolith won't prove harrowing for the tractor driver, he's so laid back he cannot see it over the sill of his cab window. Eyesight not really required when you possess magical powers that create furrows without tines and ahead of the implement: "Agriculturalus Viento!"

Dreadful thing phototography.

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

The alien monolith won't prove harrowing for the tractor driver, he's so laid back he cannot see it over the sill of his cab window.

"My God, It's full of rivets."

From the Kubrick film, 1883.

• Like 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

"My God, It's full of rivets."

From the Kubrick film, 1883.

He was looking at a canopy on Clarendon station, trying to determine when it had last been nudged.

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, AY Mod said:

The problem seems to be the photographers, not the models. :D

Photographers and models in the same sentence gives me all kinds of thoughts. Must be time for a cold shower

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

13 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Such stigma pales into insignificance compared to leaving random alien objects in shot compounded by them going unnoticed in the photoshopping process.

Feature10b.jpg

Aside from the object in the distance how has the tractor ploughed the field both in front and behind?

Regards

Mark Humphrys

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• Administrators

We've been checking the railway club CCTV and found the following shocking images of a canopy botherer who appears to have made his way into the premises last night.

CCTV1.jpg

CCTV2.jpg

If anyone recognises this individual, would they please write a stern letter to the editor of the Railway Modeller. We can't let this sort of disgraceful behaviour go unpunished.

• Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

We've been checking the railway club CCTV and found the following shocking images of a canopy botherer who appears to have made his way into the premises last night.

CCTV1.jpg

CCTV2.jpg

If anyone recognises this individual, would they please write a stern letter to the editor of the Railway Modeller. We can't let this sort of disgraceful behaviour go unpunished.

Is that an e-fit?

It hardly looks like a real person!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

If anyone recognises this individual, 

I understand the local constabulary have made an arrest overnight when the suspect was caught nudging china vases in a local antiques shop. As with anyone suspected of such misdemeanours there was complete denial that it was anything to do with him and he hadn't been anywhere near anything, ever. When shown the video evidence he did explain that he may have been comparing the colour of his elbow and his finger to the canopy so he could then go to the local model shop to purchase matching paint. He said he was always really careful when around layouts, thanked the officer for releasing him without charge, turned round and walked into the door. He was re-arrested for being clumsy and awaits a hearing at the Modellers' Court.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

• Administrators
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

He was re-arrested for being clumsy and awaits a hearing at the Modellers' Court.

This will be delayed while they finish up the DJM investigations to their satisfaction.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2