Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Canopy Nudging

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

The alien monolith won't prove harrowing for the tractor driver, he's so laid back he cannot see it over the sill of his cab window. Eyesight not really required when you possess magical powers that create furrows without tines and ahead of the implement: "Agriculturalus Viento!"

Dreadful thing phototography.

It's not a harrow but a chisel plough, a little over the top for such nice fine soil...

But if it is all a cover up...

And it's not actually in the ground...

• Informative/Useful 1

1 minute ago, Worsdell forever said:

It's not a harrow but a chisel plough...

Artistic licence for the sake of enabling the pun. Which you appear to be sole person to have spotted. You may feel smug.

4 minutes ago, Worsdell forever said:

...a little over the top for such nice fine soil...

But if it is all a cover up...

And it's not actually in the ground...

This is why I don't do scenery. There's just way too much to get wrong.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

Artistic licence for the sake of enabling the pun. Which you appear to be sole person to have spotted. You may feel smug.

Some may have spotted it and kept quiet, not wanting to be associated with such humour.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

In order to escape this jollity, I decided to carry on building some garden sheds after lunch for the cottage gardens.

Whilst building I turned to pick up the knife and knocked, or if you prefer - nudged,  not one, but both, onto the floor.....?

Bending to pick them up I managed to hit the edge of the protruding scale ruler which then pivoted up and hit me on the ear.

This never happened before so I can only conclude that this 'nudging' business might to contagious and have lasting unknown effects on the idividual...…!!!!

PS

That actually happened and made me laugh....

• Like 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, KNP said:

I can only conclude that this 'nudging' business might to contagious and have lasting unknown effects on the idividual...…!!!!

They're not unknown any more. You've let the nudge out of the bag.

Garden shed nudging. That's a new one on me, but it could indicate a sheltered upbringing. Nudging was relatively unknown during my childhood. Although, I suppose, it could just have been that it wasn't publicised very much.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

It has always been there but kept very much "in the closet".

I have been involved in nudging incidents sine the late 1970s but it may have gone on even earlier.

Perhaps there are examples that crop up in old model railway magazines as evidence. No "photoshopping" back then to hide it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, t-b-g said:

It has always been there but kept very much "in the closet".

I have been involved in nudging incidents sine the late 1970s but it may have gone on even earlier.

Nudging in the closet? Not sure that's suitable talk for this forum. But, then again . . . . . . . . . . 

• RMweb Gold
On 04/07/2019 at 11:48, queensquare said:

I built this model of Chilcompton tunnel in N for a customer. I was rather pleased with this shot until I spotted ......

Chilcompton_Tunnel_3.jpg.edde483889a09d26f9b09b734c1fa13a.jpg

Jerry

Took me a long time to spot that. Could be a new Cornish mine name, 'Wheal Zoff!' Lovely modelling nevertheless .

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Is canopy nudging related to kinematic envelope?

There could well be a relationship, Ian. Especially if tilt and sway are considered proportional to the effects of a mobile nudge. Anything could happen!

• Informative/Useful 1

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

There could well be a relationship, Ian. Especially if tilt and sway are considered proportional to the effects of a mobile nudge. Anything could happen!

Tilt and sway? Are you saying the whole APT project was just some high-speed nudgery?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

a policy of 'de-titting' canopies

Too many cases of 'accidentally' brushing against them? #canopiestoo

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Chap I know called Bob, who shall remain nameless, nudged the canopy over the Scarborough bays at York many years ago and broke a bit off. It was with a 45ton steam crane and really the blame should be with whoever left the parcel van on the platform and it was either the station or the Roller' in the carpark on the other side of the fence.

(The canopy was repaired many years later)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Worsdell forever said:

Chap I know called Bob, who shall remain nameless, nudged the canopy over the Scarborough bays at York many years ago and broke a bit off.

Nudging on a grand scale. 12" to the foot, no less.

And with broken bits, too! That's bits with a 'b' Andy!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2