Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Canopy Nudging

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, t-b-g said:

Does this count?

DSCN2071.JPG.9a5ccd41be02caf6606e8439ac5bdffe.JPG

There's always one who has take it just that little bit too far...........every class has one......

Rob. 

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

There's always one who has take it just that little bit too far...........every class has one......

Rob. 

And it is usually me!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

My most frequently nudged item is this little chap. He seems to feel obliged to live up to his name, Standard Flying Twelve. 

This little chap has been knocked, dropped, juggled and yes, nudged, more than any other item I can think of. 

I now try to avoid even breathing on it and leave well alone. 

Rob. 

20190513_172940.png

Edited by NHY 581
sausage hooves.
  • Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, t-b-g said:

Does this count?

That is a prime example of extreme nudging. At a guess, I'd say that this was the pinnacle of a certain nudger's career. It is obvious (to those of a nudging nature) that a great deal of effort, time and canopy-seeking has been invested to achieve such results as this. Truly inspiring for those making their way up the ranks.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

My most frequently nudged item is this little chap. He seems to feel obliged to live up to his name, Standard Flying Twelve. 

This little chap has been knocked, dropped, juggled and yes, nudged, more than any other item I can think of. 

I now try to avoid even breathing on it and leave well alone. 

Rob. 

20190513_172940.png

There are certainly many nudging scars in evidence. Should he/it/she (depending on your nudging preferences) be awarded some sort of trophy in recognition of the long-term suffering endured?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

That is a prime example of extreme nudging. At a guess, I'd say that this was the pinnacle of a certain nudger's career. It is obvious (to those of a nudging nature) that a great deal of effort, time and canopy-seeking has been invested to achieve such results as this. Truly inspiring for those making their way up the ranks.

Thank you for the kind words but I do worry that I have now peaked and it is downhill from now on.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

Does canopy-nudging extend to visiting magazine photographers who manage to damage parts of the layout they are photographing?

Definitely, although that's a severe case of nudging of the wrong sort. The idea is not to be destructive, just to be, well, nudgely. Unless actively engaged in a nudging exercise, there should be no movement of canopies at any time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Definitely, although that's a severe case of nudging of the wrong sort. The idea is not to be destructive, just to be, well, nudgely. Unless actively engaged in a nudging exercise, there should be no movement of canopies at any time.

Ah, in which case do we need a sub-category of canopy nudging which allows the layout team to vent their spleen when canopies are removed from the layout without anaesthesia?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Using the NITS training manual is contains the following description to define a nudge

A nudge is a nudge that just slightly displaces an item that at first glance looks correct but on closer inspection is not.

Please refer to the earlier pictures for guidance on this thread.

Note

Copies of this manual will be available for general circulation once it has been written?

17 minutes ago, KNP said:

Using the NITS training manual is contains the following description to define a nudge

A nudge is a nudge that just slightly displaces an item that at first glance looks correct but on closer inspection is not.

Please refer to the earlier pictures for guidance on this thread.

Note

Copies of this manual will be available for general circulation once it has been written?

This sounds like learning the rules to Mornington Crescent...or as my old school reports used to say "must try harder"!

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, KNP said:

What does NITS stand for? I've not come across that one before. Is it Not In This Station?

6 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

What does NITS stand for? I've not come across that one before. Is it Not In This Station?

As referred to on page 1

Nudge In Tandem Society

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Nudging

Invaribly

Titillates

Sabrina

Edited by NHY 581
sausage hooves once again
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Sabrina? Now, let's see. That could refer to the cat owned by Sherry's former neighbour, or possibly her cleaner's teenage daughter. Or, just possibly, to a '50s starlet and occasional actress, whose generous bust was the subject of national media interest at the time. She had a flat in Belgravia, and my cousin, living a couple of doors away, obtained her autograph. Her car - an A35! - had the registration SAB35, I think. 

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Sabrina? Now, let's see. That could refer to the cat owned by Sherry's former neighbour, or possibly her cleaner's teenage daughter. Or, just possibly, to a '50s starlet and occasional actress, whose generous bust was the subject of national media interest at the time. She had a flat in Belgravia, and my cousin, living a couple of doors away, obtained her autograph. Her car - an A35! - had the registration SAB35, I think. 

As in "Cor, wot a pair of Sabrinas".

You sure the car wasn't SAB44?

Yes, I know we're showing our age.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, KNP said:

Why only one general? What about the all the major disasters, corporal punishments and private parts of this world?

• Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Mick Bonwick said:

What about the all the ... private parts of this world?

We don't want that sort of nudging going on thank you and definitely no illustrations from you.

• Agree 3